Wonderful trip

TigerLilly's Mom

<font color=FF99FF>Victim of a drive-by tagging!
Just wanted to let everyone know we are back from a WONDERFUL trip. My son and I both returned with ear infections, so this is the first day I have been back on the boards. We came home last Friday after a five night stay. It was truly magical. The weather was not very good, but it did not stop us from doing anything we wanted to know, and it did not rain on our MVMCP night. My son is 7 and my daughter is almost five and they had a blast. My daughter, who is barely 40 iches, was never even looked at for height. She rode everything she wanted to and her favorite was test track. She refused to go on Dinosaur and TOT. My son went on both and hated them - he was too afraid to go back on for the second baby swap person. His favorite ride - which he still talks about - was the RRRC, I was terrified on it! LOL I figured he would never want to go back on with my husband but he couldn't wait. We saw tons of characters and got lots of pictures and autograps, some even twice or three times. The Christmas party was great, although the kids were tired, so we didn't get to see any shows. The parade and fireworks were awesome, and we rode Buzz three times in a row! Both character meals were great - Donald's and Storybook. Can you believe I lost a whole role of film that didn't rewind - the Storybook princess breakfast and meeting Buzz, Woody, and Jessie AND Fantasmic! Can it get any worse??!! LOL I did get 5 other roles of film and can't wait to start scrapbooking. Old Key West was beautiful and spacious and the Disney transportation was perfect, we never waited more that 10 mins for a bus except coming home from MK after the Christmas party and we were lucky enough to see the electric water pagent from our bus stop while we waited!!! I could go on and on about how wonderful everything was, but I just wanted to give a brief report and answer any questions for anyone. Also, my husband, who was kind of non Disney, had a blast. Planning really makes all the difference, he was impressed with everything. And I forgot to tell you all the best part - NO LINES!!!! Almost everything was a walk on. The only wait that was more than 15 minutes was to meet Ariel and my kids wanted to meet her so much they didn't mind. We went to the MK on early entry day - showed up at 7:45, watched the opening ceremony (my kids loved the pixie dust) and get this: We did ALL of Fantasyland (except Snow White ride) and Thunder Mountain and Splash Mountain BEFORE 9:15!!!! That in combination with the gorgeous Christmas decorations convinced me that I will never go any other time! Ask me anything!!! :D Tonia

Just a few more tips - Do not miss the Tapestry of Dreams parade, it was incredible. We somehow got one of the best spots and my daughter sat next to a little girl who had obviously seen the parade many times before and the interaction with the tapestry people was incredible. My kids and my husbands expression were priceless -it is a beautiful parade. I had heard not so good things about it, so I wasn't going to make it a priority.

Also, something else that worked well for us. We never, not once had our kids asking "can I have that, can I have this?". It is a really simple solution. We all saved up our coins before we left and cashed them in. The kids could pick out one souvenior a day, everyday. My son collected the pins and chose these everyday, so beside the lanyard, the cost was about 6.60 - 10.50 a day. My daughter got one Minnie hat and the rest were stuffed animals never anymore than 11.00 dollars. The kids knew they could pick out one thing everyday and it was their choice. There was no extra asking at a parade or while walking through the store because it was their choice. Just something to consider. Tonia

great trip report, thanks!! I love the tip about the souveniers-I think I will try that it may save alot of whining.:p :p :p

Sorry to hear about the ear infections, that must have been awful to come home to.

Sounds like you had a great trip though. Pre-planning really does make a big difference and early entry really helps, doesn't it?

Thanks for sharing your trip with us!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter