• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wonder - Deck 2 forward OV vs. Deck 6 Inside Sideways?

Dug720

See the line where the sky meets the sea?
Currently booked in 2000 on the Wonder (I love forward and the motion, so that is not an issue or consideration) but for a couple hundred less I can switch to an inside sideways cabin in the forward section of Deck 6.

I'm not one who stays in the cabin a ton, and I have done an inside on RCCL before and done ok, but I am just not sure.

Anyone have experience with both of these categories? Or specifically one or the other?

Thanks!

I'd keep the oceanview on deck 2 as we just prefer that over an inside. I have stayed in 2504 (and have it booked again for future cruise) and also stayed in 6515 on the Wonder. We loved the layout of the sideways cabin however the specific cabin was very noisy from the people in the hallway. It might be due to the bed facing the cabin door and it's almost right in front of the door and also we don't think the cabin door was completely sealed since we could see a little light coming underneath the door so the talking was very easy to hear as were the people going up and down the hallway.

Of course everyone has different situations but for a couple hundred I'd keep the oceanview as we loved ours in that area. :)

Thanks,
Heather

I'd keep the oceanview on deck 2 as we just prefer that over an inside. I have stayed in 2504 (and have it booked again for future cruise) and also stayed in 6515 on the Wonder. We loved the layout of the sideways cabin however the specific cabin was very noisy from the people in the hallway. It might be due to the bed facing the cabin door and it's almost right in front of the door and also we don't think the cabin door was completely sealed since we could see a little light coming underneath the door so the talking was very easy to hear as were the people going up and down the hallway.

Of course everyone has different situations but for a couple hundred I'd keep the oceanview as we loved ours in that area. :)

Thanks,
Heather

Thank you!

I have pondered changing to 2504... I just have been so used to Port side I get turned around on Starboard side (I was forever turning the wrong way on the Magic in Feb since our cabins were Starboard. Lol.

I've been in both, and for me it depends who I'm cruising with. If it's with 2 females (Mom or a friend with me), then the ocean-view deck 2 for sure because the layout is perfect for effectively dividing the room in half with the curtain for sleeping and storage space and also for each person to have a main bathroom with the split bathroom. If I'm with my husband, then the sideways on deck 6 is great to save money and it feels so much roomier than a usual inside. Split bathroom isn't necessary for me as part of a married couple. The deluxe inside doesn't work for 2 ladies for me because the storage is all on one side of the cabin. I've definitely found the 9C on deck2 is my preferred cabin for 2 ladies!

I've been in both, and for me it depends who I'm cruising with. If it's with 2 females (Mom or a friend with me), then the ocean-view deck 2 for sure because the layout is perfect for effectively dividing the room in half with the curtain for sleeping and storage space and also for each person to have a main bathroom with the split bathroom. If I'm with my husband, then the sideways on deck 6 is great to save money and it feels so much roomier than a usual inside. Split bathroom isn't necessary for me as part of a married couple. The deluxe inside doesn't work for 2 ladies for me because the storage is all on one side of the cabin. I've definitely found the 9C on deck2 is my preferred cabin for 2 ladies!

Thanks! I'm solo, but great point about the bathroom. I still like having the split bath so I'm not having to deal with the immediate post-shower steam while using the other part. (The one thing I really don't like on other cruiselines.)

We have stayed in the sideways inside staterooms. They were great. There's plenty of room and to me it has a nicer feel to it than the regular inside staterooms. But, we like those too. :) I do love an ocean view room. It's nice to look outside once in awhile, but the inside rooms are fine. I book those depending on the budget. We are hardly ever in the room.

Thanks! I'm solo, but great point about the bathroom. I still like having the split bath so I'm not having to deal with the immediate post-shower steam while using the other part. (The one thing I really don't like on other cruiselines.)

Wow, I would love to cruise solo sometime. Seems like it would be nice to have a little peace and quiet. :) I hope you have a wonderful trip.

Wow, I would love to cruise solo sometime. Seems like it would be nice to have a little peace and quiet. :) I hope you have a wonderful trip.

Thanks! It is nice! No waiting around for someone else to decide what they want to do; sleep in or not; excursions or not.

Of course a friend and I are doing next summer's Greek Isles cruise together, but we had a discussion about it ahead of time and decided that we would feel free to each do our own thing excursion-wise, hanging on the ship-wise, etc. - just plan on booking our MTD dinners together, but if one decides not to go to the MDR one evening, no biggie (as one would be at the same two-top anyway) - all that decided BEFORE committing to travel together. :)

Thanks! It is nice! No waiting around for someone else to decide what they want to do; sleep in or not; excursions or not.

Of course a friend and I are doing next summer's Greek Isles cruise together, but we had a discussion about it ahead of time and decided that we would feel free to each do our own thing excursion-wise, hanging on the ship-wise, etc. - just plan on booking our MTD dinners together, but if one decides not to go to the MDR one evening, no biggie (as one would be at the same two-top anyway) - all that decided BEFORE committing to travel together. :)

I have the same agreement when traveling with my aunt and uncle. It gets too hard to have to plan everything together since we have different interests. This way we are all happy.

I was pondering this same question today! I have a very forward OV cabin booked due to pricing and availability. However, I'm nervous about possibly getting seasick. I've stayed in a forward cabin before, but not that far forward. I have the same cabin booked for a b2b cruise which will be for 18 nights total next year. I'm not sure if I want to stay that many nights in an inside cabin either.

I have the same agreement when traveling with my aunt and uncle. It gets too hard to have to plan everything together since we have different interests. This way we are all happy.

Yep! We can each book our own excursions - and if we happen to be on the same one, cool - but if not, well, we'll definitely have something to talk about that evening!

I was pondering this same question today! I have a very forward OV cabin booked due to pricing and availability. However, I'm nervous about possibly getting seasick. I've stayed in a forward cabin before, but not that far forward. I have the same cabin booked for a b2b cruise which will be for 18 nights total next year. I'm not sure if I want to stay that many nights in an inside cabin either.

Fortunately I don't have an issue with seasickness (thank goodness - I don't think I'd cruise if I got seasick as I don't like to take unnecessary medications and cannot see paying money to go on a trip I knew would make me sick) - heck, last summer I was on the Brilliance in the Med and our final night while we were in the middle of the sea we hit one of those infamous pop-up Mediterranean storms that was pretty darn close to Tropical Storm level on the Beaufort Scale (I turned on the TV to the bridge channel to see the conditions because I could hear the waves crashing over the bow). I had a totally forward-facing cabin, so I felt everything and was perfectly fine. Most people looked pretty green at breakfast before debarkation though.

I did the interior my second time to Alaska partly to save money but mostly to force myself out to socialize with the group I was with. The first year I got a balcony because everyone said you "had to for Alaska" and missed a lot of socializing just because I felt like I needed to get my money's worth. The interior was on RCCL, and those are minute compared to DCL's. So I think I'd be fine with DCL, but I'm going to stick with my Deck 2 I think.

I've stayed in 2004 and 6511 on Wonder. While the inside sideways was neat and different, I much prefer the ocean view of 2004. In fact, I have rebooked it for Alaska next year. 2004 is situated such that there is a wide enough ledge to be a seat by the large porthole. I spent quite a bit of down time there watching the waves on our last trip (January crossing the Gulf... lots of motion, awesome waves). As mentioned, there's a split bath in 2004, but not the sideways rooms. One last thing, 2004 (and 2504) are slightly (very slightly, but it is noticeable) larger than other rooms in that category due to curvature of the bow. There's enough room between the night table and sofa for a chair. I know you travel solo, but roomier is always a plus in my opinion.

Attachments

• IMG_3718.JPG
    IMG_3718.JPG
    53.7 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_3745.JPG
    IMG_3745.JPG
    49.5 KB · Views: 50
I've stayed in 2004 and 6511 on Wonder. While the inside sideways was neat and different, I much prefer the ocean view of 2004. In fact, I have rebooked it for Alaska next year. 2004 is situated such that there is a wide enough ledge to be a seat by the large porthole. I spent quite a bit of down time there watching the waves on our last trip (January crossing the Gulf... lots of motion, awesome waves). As mentioned, there's a split bath in 2004, but not the sideways rooms. One last thing, 2004 (and 2504) are slightly (very slightly, but it is noticeable) larger than other rooms in that category due to curvature of the bow. There's enough room between the night table and sofa for a chair. I know you travel solo, but roomier is always a plus in my opinion.

Thank you so much - especially for the pictures. I'd initially booked 2004 but changed around a few times and it's gone now, but 2504 was still available, so I just changed back to it. :) Excited!

Shhh... Don't tell everyone or I won't be able to get these on my future cruises. ;) 2002/2502 is almost as large but most of the extra space is on the other side of the curtain and is in between the sofa/dresser and the wall. It's almost enough to put the table there lengthwise, but not quite and it fits at sort of an angle. No extra chair in the 02's like in the 04's.

Shhh... Don't tell everyone or I won't be able to get these on my future cruises. ;) 2002/2502 is almost as large but most of the extra space is on the other side of the curtain and is in between the sofa/dresser and the wall. It's almost enough to put the table there lengthwise, but not quite and it fits at sort of an angle. No extra chair in the 02's like in the 04's.

Do you have a pic of the 02s? 2502 is also open and I have pondered that...

Do you have a pic of the 02s? 2502 is also open and I have pondered that...

This is Wonder 2502. I'd say it's standard-sized all the way into the cabin until the edge of the sofa near the window, where usually the narrow window ledge is right next to the sofa, but you'll see there's extra space, and a wider ledge
DisneyWonder2502a.JPG DisneyWonder2502b.JPG

This is blurry, but you can see the table almost fits, and those are white bed pillows on the floor on the right that fit, so that's the width of the extra space.
DisneyWonder2502c.JPG
This is looking into the cabin from the window, and it's going to look like a normal cabin:
DisneyWonder2502d.JPG

While these are great cabins, if I were solo, I'd really have to look at the price increase and put it into a per day basis and decide if the extra space and split bath was really worth it. Personally, I'm not in my cabin much even if I have a window or even a verandah, so if I didn't need the split bath for 2 ladies, I'd go standard inside and spend the money elsewhere!

This is Wonder 2502. I'd say it's standard-sized all the way into the cabin until the edge of the sofa near the window, where usually the narrow window ledge is right next to the sofa, but you'll see there's extra space, and a wider ledge
View attachment 257940 View attachment 257941

This is blurry, but you can see the table almost fits, and those are white bed pillows on the floor on the right that fit, so that's the width of the extra space.
View attachment 257943
This is looking into the cabin from the window, and it's going to look like a normal cabin:
View attachment 257944

While these are great cabins, if I were solo, I'd really have to look at the price increase and put it into a per day basis and decide if the extra space and split bath was really worth it. Personally, I'm not in my cabin much even if I have a window or even a verandah, so if I didn't need the split bath for 2 ladies, I'd go standard inside and spend the money elsewhere!

Thanks so much! I'll price it out again, but I am not sure it was a huge difference.

ETA: Yeah...it was just under $100. Not really huge enough for me to deem changing to inside 100% necessary.

Last edited:
However it was just over $300 less to do an 11C GTY, so... Yeah, doing that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter