Woc viewing deck

PocahontasLookALike

DIS Veteran
Anyone have pics of the view of woc from the deck? We will be staying there next month and I'm wondering how the view is. I know it's nothing compared to seeing it from the designed viewing areas. But with a 1 and 2 yr old I'd rather not tough the crowds. I'm sure my 2 yr old would love any view where she's not confined to one tight area. Lol.

This is a bad iphone picture, but really the view didn't inspire me enough to use my better point and shoot
43F6760B-5523-4DD4-BBB3-500830AA3F6A_zps07wbezed.jpg

You are off to the side, so you can't see any of the video projection (although you have a better idea of the lights under each fountain). You also can't even see what they project onto the California Screamin' medalion.

For something to do on a non-park day, I guess its OK, but we were so underwhelmed we left early...and you have to stake out your railing spot early, and you better never move because someone will be stalking waiting to take your spot the second you give an inch.

WOC was an amazing show when watched from the viewing area! (No video I have watched does it justice, IMHO).

I don't know if it would help with your group, but you can play a memory-type game with the big Mickey wheel before the show:
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...hallenge-at-disney-california-adventure-park/

We watched it from there on our arrival night (no park ticket for that day) in Dec (the week before Christmas when it wasn't that busy) and there were only 2 other families there. No issues with seeing anything or jockeying for position at the railing.

We actually enjoyed it for the water show and music. We couldn't see the projections, but found it still put us in the Disney spirit and vibe. We said we would do it again for our arrival night cause we enjoyed it so much.

It was great because we were just hanging out in our hotel (a few floors down) that first evening not really doing anything so it was definitely more fun then sitting in our room; and it only took a short elevator ride to get some entertainment. We also love the WOC sound track all by itself so maybe that helps too.

I think the viewing deck will be great for us. Asking a two year old to be patient and be mindful of people around her can only be achieved for so long. She's toe after all! Lol.

I think we will do just this for our arrival day. Thanks for the responses guys!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter