WLV .... I mean BRV room help

Mickey4me!

Lost my screen name so I'm starting from scratch!
Don't know if I'll ever get used to the name change, but excited for our up coming Nov visit! We haven't stayed there in a few years and just like the resorts, we are getting older and showing little signs of wear and tear (due for a reno):D I need the advice of the experts on a couple of things -
  • Room request - DH is due for knee replacement #2 in Jan so what room/section would be good if we want to minimize our walk to the bus and main lodge? We have a 1 bedroom reserved. Either view is probably fine and anything above 1st floor.
  • I know I can call MS with request or put the request in during on line check-in. Any thoughts on which one is more effective? I was thinking that on-line may be because it's probably closer to when they actually assign the rooms but pure speculation on my part. I've tried each in the past and had mixed results with both.
Thanks in advance for sharing your WLV ...errr BRV... expertise!

As to the room request, close to the elevator is a good request. If you don't mind any floor, then that should be your primary focus; otherwise, I'd say near elevator and high floor. As for the effectiveness of the request, I'd prefer to speak with a live person since your request has to do with physical limitations. (And it will always be VWL to me ;))

Thank you! I couldn't remember if there was one or two elevators in the villas.

Yes, just one elevator in the VWL villas. I agree with all of @sleepydog25 comments. The online check in doesn't allow to put in free form requests...they only have a list of requests to choose from and I've found it to be a poor way to communicate requests. We always use the email option on the member site. In that manner I don't have to wait on hold for Member Services and I have a "written" copy of the request that I can print off if I want to. In general, room requests are not a high priority for us but it is handy especially for someone with a medical need. Of course, the walk from the bus stop and boat dock will probably be the shortest walks of the day during any given WDW stay. :)

The good news is that VWL is a very small resort...even if you are at the farthest end away from the elevator you are only about 14 villas away from the elevators. Good luck! :)

Just the one set, and they're near the lobby of VWL building, so your best bet would be to get near to them. From there, it's right out the lobby to the walkway. As you recall, the bus stop sits between the main Lodge and VWL. Also, the new Geyser Point Bar & Grill area might be a closer walk for breakfast, lunch, or dinner if you choose to do quick service (GP is actually a hybrid QS/TS of sorts). Best of luck.

Granny makes a great point about how small VWL/WL is in relation to most resorts, too.

Thanks everyone for the helpful advice! This visit will have very limited park time which is one reason we chose Wilderness. We love the theming - especially in Nov. we plan on a much more leisurely pace but I know his knee will really hurting by the end of the day so the shorter walk the better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter