WL vs WL villas

imgoingtodisney

Goal! going on this cruise 37lbs less and I will e
I just had the most fantastic visit to the Wilderness Lodge for 9 nights last week. My husband and I are sitting down tonight after work to discuss the Vacation Club. We're interested in purchasing 200 pts. When we return to the Wilderness Lodge villas will we be disappointed that we're not in the lodge itself? We had the most beautiful view of Bay Lake, main pool and geyser from our balcony. Will I want to relive that experience or be happy to "be coming home"?

I have never stayed in the WL itself but I can certainly vouch for the Villa's. Your views are not likely to be as spectacular as you have described but they will be nice views of the woods and/or the quiet pool. That said, the appointments that a 1 or 2 bedroom villa offer made our stay more fun, more sane, and more like home. As you know there are many vantage points on this site that allow for incredible views besides your hotel room. For us with 2 young daughters, we are more likely to be the ones having fun at the pool and beach than the ones watching it anyway.

imgoingtodisney....

You will have the best of both worlds....much better room accommodations and still have full access to all the things you love about WL.

If you are love sitting on the room balcony at WL with a pool and lake view, then you will definitely be "giving that up". You can get a pool view at VWL, though it is nothing like the pool at WL. We got Woods Views at WL so it won't be that different for us.

IMHO, VWL offers a more true theming of the Northwest. You are plopped in the middle of these pine trees and it is very peaceful, moreso than WL.

My DW and I have a very similar story to yours. We love WL and without DVC would only stay there for any future trips. Now with DVC we can still get that theming, go more often, and have the option to use other DVC locations for a change of pace.

Good luck on your decision. But be warned about "add-on itis"....that's the urge to add points to let you go even more often and have even more choices! ;)

We stayed at the Lodge last Feb., and had our first visit home to the Villas in July. Before our trip last summer, I was afraid that we'd be missing out on some of the magic by staying in the Villas rather than the Lodge. Now I know that we definitely have the best of both worlds. The Villas are absolutely beautiful. It's so peaceful and comfortable. The view from our balcony was very woodsy, and though we couldn't see Bay Lake or MK like we could at the Lodge, we were very happy with what we could see. And the Lodge is a quick walk from the Villas, so we spent time in the lobby and went to the upstairs lounges. We were very comfortable doing this, and we're thrilled to own a piece of the magic at VWL. I think you will be, too....

We also had stayed at WL and decided that VWL was for us.

As was stated very well by the above posters, VWL location is in my opinion as good if not better than WL. We go to WDW at least twice a year. The activity around us is enough at the parks. We really enjoy the tranquility at VWL. Yes, you do give up the geyser/lake/courtyard view, but somehow we do not miss it. We enjoy the peace and quite more than the view.

The rooms are without a doubt better than WL. You can't beat a king sized bed, jacuzzi, washer and dryer... blah blah blah.....

On our tour a few days ago at the Boardwalk Vacation Club my husband did see the jacuzzi. I know whats in his mind. LOL Separate bedroom for our son and us in the jacuzzi!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter