WL Villas and Construction

DaisyNY

DIS Veteran
Thinking of booking WL Villa in May...how disruptive is the construction? We likely won't be in the rooms in the afternoon...no little ones for naps...Thanks!

There are many updates on the threads in the Resorts section. There are also pictures.

The reports suggest that if what you enjoy is the tranquility and the trees of WL, it is very disruptive, and will grow more so as they start work on the pool and bungalows. If all you care about is being close to MK in a larger studio/lower point value than BLT or Poly, and won't be sad to have a balcony view of a crater, WL i still an option.

Will check those threads out...Don't want to be overlooking a crater even if we're not there all day! Is there a side of the villas that is not effected?

Will check those threads out...Don't want to be overlooking a crater even if we're not there all day! Is there a side of the villas that is not effected?
The "bus" side of the villas will not be affected at all as far as the plans seem to indicate. The "lake" side of the villas is where all the construction will be...and it will be significant as they are building a new pool, and several bungalows along the shore line not to mention the other buildings in the plans that have not been officially announced.

Keep in mind that each side of the resort is pretty much 50% of the resort, and they are booking all rooms. So don't be surprised if you end up on the "lake" side. For anyone who thinks that construction may be an issue, they should just book another DVC resort if possible.

Everyone requests the side away from construction. DVC shoots for 90%+ occupancy. That is a lot of requests that cannot be met.

Thanks for the update...maybe we'll try something new! We've never stayed at AKL Villas...

The lake side has a constriction fence running from the villas all the way to the beach. The villa pool and all cement and most of the trees have been removed between the villas and the beach. Plans show a new villa pool, deck, a couple of new buildings. When that construction starts IMO VWL stays will be disrupted.

:earsboy: Bill

Thanks for your thoughts...Thinking that as much as we love WLV, we may move to AKLV - Kidani this trip. On the positive side, maybe by our May trip the new nighttime show will have started at AK and we'll be close by...

We stayed at VWL in December in a 1 bd rm. I was very disappointed. Noise, main pool crowded, movies in the Villa lobby. We stayed on the bus side but there is a nice trash and towel station that gets heavily visited, you hear the construction noise, plus people were sneaking smokes outside our villa, eventhough we reported the smoking it did not stop. Instead of being out in the sunshine, I ordered Christmas presents on line from the villa. I could have done that from home. Had planned to do some shopping at Disney but there were crowds at the parks and Disney Springs so I spent my money elsewhere. When I got home most of the gifts had arrived.

I know no one knows but I am taking 11 family members in December. How likely will most of the construction be done?

I know no one knows but I am taking 11 family members in December. How likely will most of the construction be done?
Not at all likely. The construction, particularly on the bungalows, is permitted through all of 2017.

The pool might be done, but hard to say. Poly has taken nearly a year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter