WL Studio Confusion!

poohbear12880

Mouseketeer
I'm looking to book a studio at WL and I'm so confused by all the options available. There is a Boulder Creek studio, a CC studio, and one has a walk in shower, and one does not-- what is the difference between all the studios? Where are they located? Which one should I book? thank you!

Boulder Ridge is the new name for the Villas at the Wilderness Lodge.
Copper Creek is a new DVC resort which is made up of converted rooms in the south wing of the main Wilderness Lodge building and the Cabins on Bay Lake.

All studios at Boulder Ridge have a bathtub - unless it is an handicap accessible room

To further elaborate on what erionm said, the primary source of confusion for many appears to be that the Wilderness Lodge now has two DVC resorts and haven't done a great job at making a distinction.

Boulder Ridge Villas (BRV) is the new name for what was Villas at the Wilderness Lodge (VWL). Personally, I still call all the rooms there by their proper and given name, V-W-L. ;) All of the rooms--studios, 1BR, & 2BR--are in the building with the red roof that extends south of the main Lodge and connected by a covered walkway. Those studios are fairly standard and after the refurb of VWL about three years ago; they now sleep five people.

Copper Creek Villas and Cabins (CC) is the newest DVC property. They took the entire south wing of the main Lodge--that's the side where the registration desk is located--and renovated them into DVC rooms: studios, 1BRs, 2BRs, and Grand Villas. Additionally, there are 26 new cabins as part of Copper Creek, with 12 of them on the north side of the Lodge and 14 on the south which roughly parallel the VWL wing. Those studios are mostly standard ones but a few have a walk-in shower which, I believe, is a requestable category. Beyond that, those studios do NOT sleep five because of space. The architects had to use the bones of the existing wing and plan rooms around them. Due to their smaller size, the decision was made not to include an extra sleeper.

As for which you should book, both have pros and cons. CC rooms are right in the main Lodge building, thus closer to the boat dock and restaurants. They are newer, too, but smaller. VWL (BRV if you must) rooms are a touch closer to Geyser Point and the new pool. . .in general. Both are equidistant to the bus stop. And it's not as though the WL is a sprawling complex. In sum, either would be a fine choice. Good luck and hope this helps!

Here's a link to the Copper Creek Owners and Lovers thread: https://www.disboards.com/threads/•the-official-copper-creek-villas-cabins-owners-lovers-group•.3631019/

Last edited:
Thank you. I'm sorry but I'm still a little confused. I thought that some of the studios at WL have the pull-down murphy bed. We really like this option. Do any of the rooms still have this?

Thank you. I'm sorry but I'm still a little confused. I thought that some of the studios at WL have the pull-down murphy bed. We really like this option. Do any of the rooms still have this?
The studios at Boulder Ridge Villas (VWL 4 life, y0) have the pull down.

No units at Copper Creek have the murphy bed.

The older studios at VWL (now called BRV) do have the pull-down murphy beds, and those are the ones that sleep five. Those murphy beds were installed during the refurbishment there. The new studios at Copper Creek do not have the murphy beds, thus only sleep four. ;)

I'm really glad they changed the VWL name to prevent confusion. :rolleyes1

No worries OP - lots of people have been confused by all this. I mostly have the new Boulder Ridge name down but have to do extra thinking at times. And they also renamed the pools and those I still haven't gotten straight. Quiet pool, main pool and VWL - those are what I'm sticking to. ::yes::

As mentioned, if you want the studios with the murphy bed it's Boulder Ridge villas and you'll be in the building that connects by a covered walkway to the main WL hotel building.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter