WL Flag Family

cgcw

<font color=cc0099>On the blinkie Crocs foot-fetis
I just booked a few days at the VWL and I've read about the flag family. I'm looking for any information about this but with the search function being down, I'm not having much luck. We will be there on my DS's 9th birthday and I thought this might be something really special for him to be a part of.

Thanks for any help. If this is posted on the wrong board, I'd appreciate if it could be moved to where it's best suited. TIA!

There's some nice info on it on this website. www.wdwig.com Look under accomodations, select Wilderness Lodge, and there will some interesting tidbits about it.

HTTH!

It's a lot of fun to do. WDWIG tells all the details. My suggestion, as soon as you're done checking in and getting your room assignment go right to guest services and sign up. It can fill up quickly particularly when the masses check in on a Saturday.

You don't have to do it at guest services. While you are checking in, ask the CM to see if there are any dates available to be a flag family during your stay. We were fortunate enough to get the last day of our 9 night stay last summer. It is alot of fun to raise the flags and the view is just incredible! Good luck!

Yes, ask as soon as you check in. It's great fun, you get a certificate, free breakfast at Roaring Forks and the view is incredible!

http://www.***********.com/c59d0e00.jpg

http://www.***********.com/c5ecdde0.jpg

http://www.***********.com/c61cdde0.jpg

I have more pictures of the view from the WL roof HERE.

Free breakfast? Is this something new? We did this in December and got the certificate, but there wasn't a free breakfast included.
Btw, love your pictures! Your first one is almost the exact view we had from our room..just down a couple of floors and a bit further to the left!

Being flag family was wonderful. There's just nothing better than that incredible view! I agree, ask while you're checking in. We were there for 2 weeks and there was only one spot open when we asked at check-in!

We did this in April--the last day of our Easter visit. We asked at check in and she put us in the book. We received a certificate, took some breathtaking pictures, and spent some wonderful time with two cast members. We didn't get breakfast though--I don't think this is a part of it anymore!

*********** ... loved your pictures. Can anyone go up to the observation deck?

Thanks for the info.

It sounds like this has become really popular and is getting requested more often. I'm thinking that we may lose out by checking in on a Sunday (they may fill up for the week with the Sat. check-ins?). Has anyone ever heard of a way to sign up before you get there or will they ONLY let you sign up once checked in? Thanks!

You snooze you lose... how early do they raise the flag? I can't see getting my lazies out of bed in time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter