WL/CC specific questions for our December stay

ShellyKP

Mouseketeer
This year will be our first stay at WL/CC. It's our home resort and I'm so excited! Just a couple random questions to help in my planning/packing. I appreciate any help you can give!

1. What kind of coffee makers are in the rooms? Drip, k-cup, etc? We'll be in a 1-bedroom.
2. Best view to ask for? Room recommendations? I'd love a fireworks view but not totally necessary.
3. Is the arcade open yet by any chance? My teenage son is very curious about this.
4. We're planning a lot of "resort only" time. Anything at Fort Wilderness we should check out? Is it an easy walk? (we have some minor mobility issues)
5. Can you still order groceries directly from the resort? I seem to remember seeing an order form for DVC members but not sure if that's still on offer. Otherwise we'll probably just do Amazon Fresh.
6. Is "flag family" still a thing?
7. Does Whispering Canyon do carryout? We were thinking of ordering some platters to take back to the room and split.

Thanks all!

We did our first stay Dec 2020 as a non-owner. Came back home and bought in. Love it! It is amazing at Xmas time. Best lobby at DVC hands down. Just take your time and explore everything. There’s so much to see and do there. I recommend P&Js takeout at Ft. Wilderness for som good southern BBQ. I can’t really answer any of your questions since I haven’t been in a year, but I do know Whispering Canyon is TS only. You’ll probably find the most up to date info here:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/•...k-villas-cabins-owners-lovers-group•.3631019/

Coffee maker is same as everywhere else: 10-12 cup drip Mr. Coffee.
I thought so too but I was watching a YouTube video of someone's stay today and their CC room had a Keurig. The video was from last month. Just wondered if I should pack k-cups.

This year will be our first stay at WL/CC. It's our home resort and I'm so excited! Just a couple random questions to help in my planning/packing. I appreciate any help you can give!

1. What kind of coffee makers are in the rooms? Drip, k-cup, etc? We'll be in a 1-bedroom.
2. Best view to ask for? Room recommendations? I'd love a fireworks view but not totally necessary.
3. Is the arcade open yet by any chance? My teenage son is very curious about this.
4. We're planning a lot of "resort only" time. Anything at Fort Wilderness we should check out? Is it an easy walk? (we have some minor mobility issues)
5. Can you still order groceries directly from the resort? I seem to remember seeing an order form for DVC members but not sure if that's still on offer. Otherwise we'll probably just do Amazon Fresh.
6. Is "flag family" still a thing?
7. Does Whispering Canyon do carryout? We were thinking of ordering some platters to take back to the room and split.

Thanks all!

Just stayed 9/10-9/17.

1) Should be an old style pot. We bring a cold brew pitcher
2) High floor facing the pool Not sure if you can get a fireworks view. You can see them from Geyser point along with the water pageant.
3) Yes the arcade is open
4) There should be a bus to Ft Wilderness that picks up at the Magic Kingdom bus stop out front of the Wilderness Lodge. The store over there is better than the Mercantile in the WL. The Resort to resort boats are not running yet. I Believe the walking path is out due to the construction for Lakeside lodge that was either put on hold or canceled. If you have mobility issues, bus is the way to go.
5) Yes. There should be a form on the DVC website and you send it in prior to your arrival. I used Publix Instacart when I was there. They were able to deliver to me multiple times within 1-2 Hours. It was honestly the best part about the trip. You can sign up for a free trial of, I think its called express where delivery is free on orders over $35. Groceries were left with bell services and I was never charged anything by bell services. Like I said, I cannot recommend this enough. I had a medical issue, nothing serious, but i needed something from the pharmacy there and they got it to me ASAP. I placed my order waiting in line for slash mountain and what i needed was at the resort when we got back.
6) No idea what this is
7) They should. We ate there and the kids were unhappy because the Milk shakes were gone. Food was just ok. You might want to try fort wilderness for BBQ. I know for sure they do take out and it might be better. The food was ok, but i dont think it was worth the price. My opinion is the food is better at Geyser Point.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter