WL Bus Service

DisneyLisa

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
I'm planning (& planning & planning :teeth: ) for our upcoming trip in October and have a question about transportation at the WL. Until now, DD has always wanted to stay at the Poly. But after looking at pictures, she now says she might like to try the WL instead...she really likes the look of it (this is a 16th birthday trip for mother & daughter...she's the one turning 16...not me ;)).

My only concern is that I think I recall reading in the past that the transportation for this resort was poor (although I don't think it could be any worse than the bus service at the GF last summer...monorail was great but the bus was terrible :( ). Can anyone tell me what their experience has been with the transportation there? It does look like a lovely resort and, although I'd prefer to be on the monorail, I am considering it.

Thanks.

I thik you are confusing the WL with FW. At FW you take a bus from your cabin to the lobby, then hop a buss to the TTC, then go to the park of choice....

Weve stayed at the WL and had no problems with the transportation. the boat to the mk is loads of fun and from there you can hop a bus or monorail to another resort or epcot.

the lesson from my experience would be to check the guide they give you. we went to the bus station to go to Blizzard Beach. The busses came and went for other parks, Epcot, Animal Kingdom.........well what we didnt realize was the the bus to the AK is also the bus for BB, and the bus's banner was locked. So we had to wait for the bus to come around again....it was a long wait. But we still had a great time and love the resort!

DW and I go to WDW during the "off-season", so our experiences may be different than those who go during the busy times. We have stayed at the monorail resorts nine times(GF 8, Poly 1) and WL 15 times, so I feel like I can speak from real experience. It's just DW and I, so I'm speaking from adults only.

While the monorail is fun to ride, I believe it is over-rated in quickness, from the monorail resorts to EPCOT. By the time you go to TTC and change to the EPCOT monorail, I believe the bus is faster from WL to EPCOT. The transportation schedules change all the time at WDW, so what my experiences have been, may be different now. I have timed these trips and I found that a direct bus from WL to EPCOT took anywhere from 12-15 minutes. If the trip is shared with another resort, then I believe you would add another 5 minutes or so to the trip. The monorail ride from the Poly or GF to MK would be a couple of minutes faster than the boat trip from WL to MK. When the boat goes non-stop from WL to MK it takes 7-10 minutes from dock to dock. The monorail resorts and WL have buses to MGM and AK(sometimes share the same bus) so this is about the same.

If you just miss a bus, boat or monorail, then the wait will seem long no matter which resort you stay at. The bottom line for us is the transportation at the WL is no better or worse than other resorts. JMHO.

The busses at WL seem no worse than the monorail hotels. First thing in the morning and at the end of the day the busses go to and from the hotel direct. In the middle of the day the busses may go from WL to Poly to GF then to the parks. The boat to the MK may be direct or go to FW then to MK. Just like other posters said if you miss the bus it seems to take forever for the next one.

We stayed at WL last October.

Never really had any problems with the transportation.

Took the boat to MK.

Took the bus to TTC and then to Epcot. Also tooke the monorail through the resorts so we could see them.

The only slight problem was the length of the ride to DTD or the BW. We didn't wait for the bus but it just took a long time to get there. Nothing earth shattering though. It would have taken just as long if we had walked to Epcot or something and then taken the monorail back to TTC and then a bus to WL.

We loved WL. The theming is excellent.

I would say go for WL.

Hi Lisa -

Just back from our second stay at WL - first was August 2002. I may have pixie dust in my eye, but Ihave not experienced any transport problems staying at WL. I know others here have had difficulties.

There have been no lines for us. no waiting more than 5 minutes - and even at park closing last week, one bus filled to capacity and another was behind it in literally a minute!

I'm not one who gets irritated wth such things, tho and has to move at the speed of light to & fro parks. Bus was easier than using the rental car. Just my two cents.

WL is fabulous - we love iit! I think your daughter will, too - It's just "cool" theming in the middle of Florida - and it works!

Originally posted by stacy6552
I thik you are confusing the WL with FW. At FW you take a bus from your cabin to the lobby, then hop a buss to the TTC, then go to the park of choice...

Actually, Fort Wilderness has direct park transportation from within the campground. No need to leave, or go to the TTC.

Originally posted by DaveH
First thing in the morning and at the end of the day the busses go to and from the hotel direct. In the middle of the day the busses may go from WL to Poly to GF then to the parks.

Not quite...

From 8:00am-11:00am, the MOD Dispatcher will route the Studios and Animal Kingdom buses to go to WL, then GF, then theme park. Epcot and Downtown Disney buses will go WL, then FW Outpost Depot, then Epcot/DTD. After 11:00am, the Studios bus will be routed WL, then FW Settlement Depot, then Studios.

If a MOD bus fills up at the first stop, it will not go to the second stop. Instead, a second bus will be dispatched in its place.

Thanks everyone. I guess it's no worse or better than any of the other resorts...not sure whay I thought it was poor. I'm definitely going to consider a stay there. I just checked the rates & they're cheaper than the Poly...bonus...more to spend on other things :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter