Wk of Sep 14 - WISH Walking/Running Club

Good Morning Wishers!!

Today is a rest day for me, and work is til 6pm, ugh!!

Hoping everyone has a great day today.

Texas Wishers: I hope you all are doing ok.

Claire: OK I reqested you on facebook.

ASM: Up and ironing my scrubs (very wrinkly), feeding the dog and myself and off to work I go. ANother day another dollar.

Take care everyone,
Tracy

Jeff: I hope someday I can use "easy" and "18 miler" in the same sentence. :)

I found a recipe for Huli Huli Chicken in a magazine this summer and made it, my whole family loved it!

Yesterday was supposed to be a running day for me but by the time we returned from church/lunch/shopping it was time for the Pats game and well, I didn't run and cheered my boys on instead. DH and I are going to run together as soon as I get the kids to school so we'll make up for it today.

Happy Monday everyone!

Allyson

Maura - Jammies to work...ahhh.....I can't even complain because we're pretty casual here but jammies would eb nice!

Tricia - Huge congrats on teh 10-miler. That's always a benchmark mileage for me. Awesoeme!!!

Debra - WTG on getting those 10 miles in! lIfe claming down any? Does my "inspiration" mean that you'll be doing Chicago with us next year? ;)

Cecelia - Yay for teh quick recovery!

I was a slug this weekend. rained from Friday night to yesterday evening. :guilty: Just grateful it was only rain, not floods, storm surges or hurrican winds.

Hey all, :wave2:

Boomdocker and Allie are coming from the UK to walk/run the WDW half marathon in January 2009. We are really worried that we are going to embarrass ourselves and finish last or even worse get picked up by the sweepers!! :rotfl:

I see that a few of you walk/jog so can you share some advice on the timings. How realistic is a speed/power walk? I have visions of us being the last 2 sad walkers at the back and everyone else running at Olympic pace. Can you reassure us there will be other walkers or walker/joggers?

We are looking forward to this and would like to relax knowing we are are in the company of others of similar ability. :cheer2:

Debra: WTG on the 10 miler! Woo Hoo! And Toll House, yummm! I love that recipe though last week I tried a different choc chip cookie recipe from allrecipes.com (love that site!) and it was a good contender. And yes DH is also doing the Half.

Mooshu: I'm doing the Half in January, my first half ever. I am using John Binghams Marathoning for Mortals Run/Walk Half Plan. It really should begin in October (it is 14 weeks long) but I am just doing Week One each week in September to be doing something consistant.

Boomdocker: Welcome! I have never done the Half at Disney but from reading I know there are runners, walkers and I think lots in between LOL! I am planning to Run/Walk it. Right now in training I do a Run 3 minutes/Walk 2 minutes but the program I am on eventually moves to a Run 4 minutes/Walk 1 minute. I am not fast, usually around a 13 minute mile.

Allyson

Sunday is my rest day and so today I just finished my long run of 8 miles. I did half outside and half on the treadmill. I wanted to make sure I was doing negative splits. Hoping to be in shape for a 15K Oct. 18.

Any other Charlotte area runners/walkers doing the Lungstrong Oct. 18?

Kira: Ooo that looks like a fun place! Your DD (&friends) are lucky. I so see potential cross training :rolleyes1

I'll head over to the Rec center this morning for some strength training and perhaps a swim. Today's a no-run day.

Hi everyone! I'm busy at work, but I'm subbing. I'll come back later!

Carrie we need a little icon showing "person with mop/bucket". We also had lots of rain and a leak or two to contend with (or should I say, for DH to contend with)--nothing too bad.

wellesleyprincess Good luck on your job search. Here's your pixie dust! pixiedust:

I managed to get out yesterday between rain showers to run outside for the first time in 1-2 months. Hoo boy! Why am I doing this again? Why do I feel like lead in concrete when I run outdoors, but not nearly so bad indoors (yeah, yeah--I hear everyone: controlled climate, softer running surface, etc). I managed to complete my 3.2 miles in 30:08. It seems to be taking longer than I though to get my running legs back--or maybe I never had them and it's just taking me longer to remember that!!!

Maura

Drive by before I start my Mom Taxi service for the kids this afternoon. ;)

I survived my run this morning. Ran 5 miles, pace was 11:15. This is the farthest I have ran since I started my start all over program. :lmao:

Knee hurt near the end, but I never was reduced to limping. :rolleyes1 I ordered one of those Cho-Pat Dual Action Knee things. Hope it gets here soon!

I also ordered one of the newer styles of Skirt Sports GymGirl Ultras. Hope this one doesn't ride up and give me chub rub. I'll report back on my findings.

Cheers to all! :thumbsup2

Shan - great job on the 5 miles!

Boomdocker
- no worries! I mostly walk and I am far from last! Last year I was so under-trained that I walked the entire thing, took over 3.5 hours and still finished ahead of tons & tons of people.

Got out there for a 5k this afternoon. My shins were KILLING me!
The only reason I didn't bad it and turn around at the first mile was because mom was with me. The shins got a little better, but I definately have to research stretches. This is the second time my shins did this and I need to take care of this problem asap.

Hey everybody!! I have been MIA on the weekly thread for a long time! I guess I was a little sad about not going to WDW for marathon weekend this year...that was until this weekend, when my Fiance said he felt bad that I didn't sign up!! He heard about Anthony Travel and how they have Goofy entries, so it looks like now I will be going!!!! :cool1: :cool1: I am sooooo... excited!!! I can't wait, now all i have to do is get my rear in gear and get some training in!! I have been running all summer so I am in pretty good shape to start my program that I am trying map out.

That being said, I hope to be around here ALOT more, as I will need that extra motivation from everyone here to keep me going!!!!

Hi Everyone :). Sorry TOTAL drive-by post, will be back later to catch up. So sorry to post and run but I only have a minute!!!

LAURIE (HockeyGirl): Please PM me. Did you already sign-up with Anthony Travel??? If not I want to talk to you. ((hugs)) I'm very happy for you.

Hi Everyone :). Sorry TOTAL drive-by post, will be back later to catch up. So sorry to post and run but I only have a minute!!!

LAURIE (HockeyGirl): Please PM me. Did you already sign-up with Anthony Travel??? If not I want to talk to you. ((hugs)) I'm very happy for you.

Just thought I'd share:

We just booked through Marathontours. Marcia overnighted our reservation on Friday, and we just got our notice to register for GOOFY online today! From California to Boston, it took 3 days to send our info in.

MT had the POP Century, but Anthony's travel did not.

Jeff-when did you sign up with marathon tours? My fiance booked today and we were able to get Pop Century?

Jeff-when did you sign up with marathon tours? My fiance booked today and we were able to get Pop Century?

We called them Friday morning. Our deposit went out USPS overnight that afternoon. They must have gotten it Saturday, or today.

Today we received email with a link to register for Goofy via Active.com.

There are very specific directions on how to enter using the "Guest" method of registering. You will not be asked to pay, because Marathon Tours pays it for you, then you pay them after any deposits you sent them.

Do not log into Active.com if you already have a user account, or register for an account. The email specifically says to use the guest link.

We're at POP Century. About $31 bucks more than using the magicforless travel agency, but then it comes with Goofy entry at this late point in time.

I was supposed to XT today but I ran today instead and tomorrow Cam and I are taking the first of several dance lessons in preparation of our vow renewal in January on Monday, January 12. So, I will consider that my XT for the week.

Here is what I accomplished:

Miles: 5
Time: 40:43
Pace: 8:09

Splits:
8:16
8:42
8:13
7:56
7:36

Have a great night!

:grouphug:

Howard

Thats funny, I don't think I am looking forward to that game quite as much as I usually do. As a matter of fact, it makes me a little queasy just thinking about facing LSU.

Cecilia

Well it COULD be worse. You could have to play Florida.

I went to K-Town this weekend to watch the Vols struggle against UAB! YIKES! I am not watching this weekend! :happytv:

I didn't get a run in this weekend due to the trip to Knoxville, but I did do the strech and strengthen class as the Y today. That woman always wears me out..

Welcome to our new friends!:yay:

I guess I better start thinking about arrangements for the Half. We have the hotel. (Using my points to stay at AKV) but no plane ticket!

Well it COULD be worse. You could have to play Florida.

I went to K-Town this weekend to watch the Vols struggle against UAB! YIKES! I am not watching this weekend! :happytv:

SEC is tough again this year. 5 teams ranked in the top 10 this week!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter