Wk of April 20 - WISH Walking/Running Club

Debra~ I will be getting away, that is for sure, but I hope I can enjoy it without thinking about the “opportunity cost” of the trip. I am doing everything in my power to get things done early and to study on the 2 hours plane ride there and back.

By the way, I am not sweet… I am one of those whole grain Minnie Muffins.

Opportunity cost - Yikes! -sounds like somebody who is about to get an MBA!:thumbsup2

There are just way too many comments that ran through my head regarding the whole grain Minnie Muffin comment, so I am going to just leave that alone! I hope you both have a great trip - enjoy yourself! There is always a flip side to every opportunity cost!

Z

Opportunity cost - Yikes! -sounds like somebody who is about to get an MBA!:thumbsup2

There are just way too many comments that ran through my head regarding the whole grain Minnie Muffin comment, so I am going to just leave that alone! I hope you both have a great trip - enjoy yourself! There is always a flip side to every opportunity cost!

Z

Being a simple country boy I have no idea what y'all are talking about. Is that like if you get an opportunity to spend the money you found under the porch that you forgot was there.

Anyway, have an awesome weekend team.

WISH Panda:hippie:

It's April 26th and it's still snowing!:crazy2: When will it end and will I ever get to walk on my path again?

For all you WISHers who are WDW bound for the Minnie Weekend, have a great time. Take pictures, and be sure to let us know how you did. Will be rooting for you all. :thumbsup2

WOW this thing is just "truckin' this week

Vic I hope you have fun a Talledega. I am just thrilled that for the first time in several years I didn't have to fight that traffic on my weekly commutes to Birmingham. (Althougth those may be back soon YIKES!)

Anyway, I joined the local Galloway group getting ready for the Peachtree 10K today. The run/walk thing seems like it might be a good plan. I found a set of instructions on the web to do my Garmin that way. We did 3 miles with an avg. 11:30 pace according to the leaders.

I am SUPPOSE to do an 8 mile TR this weekend for Minnie. My left calf however is SCREAMING after the 3 miler... not sure what I am going to do. Maybe I will try ice tonight. Not sure what to do....I don't think ti's an injury but it hurts LOL!

Vic: I'll be watching the races via TV and nascar.com. Go #9!!
4810fc20eaf3ac6447b6a98e6f973c22-1.jpg

Monte: I CANNNOT believe that you are still getting snow. We're working on summer down here. Sorry about that, just means you need a trip down south. haha.

Amy: good run and good celebrity spotting!!

Aloha Jeff: Thanks for the well wishes, I will try to take lots of photos. I like taking my camera and catching the action as it happens. (BTW, I love says aloha all the time when I stay at the Poly!!)

As for me: Here's a photo of me after I got back from my walk of 4 miles today.
limegreen-1.jpg

I have this shirt as a back up if my Eye2Eye shirt doesn't come by the time I leave on Friday. I love the Visor!!
Did my 4miles with an even 14min pace. Pretty good and felt better than the 4 miles I did the other night.

Sign me up people! I did my first 1/2 marathon today, the Music City 1/2, and I'm totally jazzed now!!! I want more marathons, more medals, and some NEW SHOES for the love of Pete! 'Cause mine just won't last another one of these!!
My girls did the children's marathon yesterday evening and they're all about it now, too!

Sign me up people! I did my first 1/2 marathon today, the Music City 1/2, and I'm totally jazzed now!!! I want more marathons, more medals, and some NEW SHOES for the love of Pete! 'Cause mine just won't last another one of these!!
My girls did the children's marathon yesterday evening and they're all about it now, too!

:welcome: :welcome: You will love it here :yay:

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR FIRST 1/2!!!!! THAT IS SUCH AN AWESOME FEELING!! :woohoo:

GOOD AFTERNOON TEAM!!!

My day off yesterday was glorious and today was great too!!! Because I had all my "chores" I got to play today.

Started with 1/2 hour elliptical, man you can really get a good workout on that thing if you try -- I don't hate it so much anymore. Then did 30 minute - kick butt!!!! core class, JUST WHAT I NEED. Then did my wieghts in Body Pump but was smart and no wieght for squats, opted out of dead lifts and clean and press and no wieght for lunges. AND GUESS WHAT???

This is the least my back has hurt in quite some time :banana: So DH is going to run with me tomorrow to keep me at a sane pace, I love that man, he is a saint :) I don't know how far yet but I will let you guys know how it goes.

So now DH and I are going out to dinner to celebrate my new job, and, oh yeah, BTW - went to the beach today :cool2: Sporting my first sunburn of the season. Sometimes I love living in FL!!!

I have this shirt as a back up if my Eye2Eye shirt doesn't come by the time I leave on Friday. I love the Visor!!
Did my 4miles with an even 14min pace. Pretty good and felt better than the 4 miles I did the other night.

Sweet Shirt if the other one doesn't come. And I JUST LOVE THE VISORS!!! So glad we have them!!!! :banana:

Hey Team - Guess What.... IT'S SNOWING!!! Yah, there are flurries in the air. It is SOOOOO cold and windy and down right miserable. I can't wait to fly to Florida for the weekend just to warm up!!!

Monica... Yup, snowing here also. I feel your pain. You have it worse tho as I know you still have snow on the ground.

Thanks Angie!! I got it from NewBalance, the color is called Limelight. I think its pretty close. Yeah on the back :cool1: , but you should know better living in FL and getting a SUNBURN!! :eek: Shame on you!

Jen: Yikes, you too with the snow, what is this world coming to?:) :)

PiratesRock: Yeah :cheer2: Congrats on the 1/2. Isn't it a thrill!!
( I had to giggle at the, "for the love of Pete" comment. My boss always says that. hehe)

I'm going to check out the eyetoeye shirts. I was checking out everybody's gear and shoes today. Made me feel like the poor step-child! But I walked the 1/2 in 3 hrs 34 min and that's with very little preparation. That time might not impress the runners and veteran's, but I was tickled pink! princess: My goal was just to complete it! Didn't care how long it took.

PiratesRock - :woohoo: AWESOME FINISH and AWESOME PACE!!!! :woohoo: So happy for you! Yes, join the club! we are all bling addicts! :lmao: You are in very good company! :grouphug:

PiratesRock - CONGRATS!!! and :welcome: Yea for your girls doing the kids marathon, too! :thumbsup2

Jen117 - Snow???? (insert jealous smilie here...) You will definitely warm up here next weekend! We got crispy-fried being outside today!!! ;)

Anyway, I joined the local Galloway group getting ready for the Peachtree 10K today. The run/walk thing seems like it might be a good plan. I found a set of instructions on the web to do my Garmin that way. We did 3 miles with an avg. 11:30 pace according to the leaders.

I am SUPPOSE to do an 8 mile TR this weekend for Minnie. My left calf however is SCREAMING after the 3 miler... not sure what I am going to do. Maybe I will try ice tonight. Not sure what to do....I don't think ti's an injury but it hurts LOL!

Welcome to the Galloway group! Our kickoff is next weekend and the first run is the 10th. I'm looking forward to getting back into it. I did R3/W1 all last year and through the half in January. I LOVE the the run/walk intervals, although I do plan to try to do a little more running on my shorter mid-week runs this year.

Jackie

The weather here was fabulous for our marathon this morning. We had storms during the night that tapered off near 7 then low 60's with a light breeze through the morning. Really helped me with getting to the finish. It really was a perfect initiation into the marathons.

Jackie - I didn't realize you stuck with 3/1 last year. Your times were great!! I want to add longer running intervals also. I am currently doing that with my short runs, but I slow down the longer I run.

PiratesRock - WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Carol- would you mind sharing the instructions to do the Garmin that way? I would like to try it. Either PM me or share it here for others that might be interested. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter