Wk of Apr 8--WISH Walking/Running Club

chimera

<font color=deeppink>WISH Racing Team Member<br><f
Hello everyone!

For those new to us, we are a group of people who are planning to participate in walking/running events throughout the year. For most of us, the ultimate goal is to train and compete in the annual WDW Half/Full marathons. We'll also be posting news and training for various other events throughout the year. We range from non-running beginners to triathletes. Come join us, whether you're training for an event or walking/running for fitness!

TigerLily03 said:
New WISH Team members. If you read one thing over and over, believe this. Being part of this team is fantastic. Part of the ride you get for the event is what I call the roller coaster. There will be lots of ups and downs. The more you post here, the more you will find yourself enjoying the ride. It is an incredible journey. Don't be afraid, shy or whatever to come here and just post up anything. You don't have to know us right away, or all of us at all. You will get to know some of us. It makes the event you are enjoying have MORE meaning and we love to have you.

WISH Racing Team

Abra Cat Kristi NC
akasleepingbeauty Rhonda TX
aladdinsgirl Krista OH
AmyBeth68 Amy NJ
andromedaslove Dana FL
angietuck2 Angie FL
bekagain Bekah
bekkiz WA
BiggerTigger Jeff FL
Big Vic Vic FL
blueroses WA
Buckalew11 Brenda TN
Calcio Craig MA
CarolA Carol GA
CaroleD Carole ON
cdn gal eeyore Leana Alberta
Chernabog#1Fan FL
chimera Mel FL
Chropistopy Christy GA
Cindylou Cindy
Cingoutload Dawn GA
Cruella de Mom Cecilia GA
crzy4pooh Lynnda FL
DaddyBeast Kevin TX
deekaypee ND
Dennyha Denny OH
DianeL Diane
disneybelle Darcey NJ
DisneyGirl Marissa
disneyrun
disnutt Kiena OH
DJBounce Darcey IA
donac Dona NJ
DreamBeliever
dthogue Tammy PA
Duanerice Duane FL
eeyore45 Sandy IL
escape Susie AR
fabumouse NJ
FungLu Brett OR
gatorphipps Christa NC
getnthinr Wendy NC
goingthedistance Paul NM
goofyguy1958 Mike
gsu1988 Ken GA
Hey Mickey Erica NY
HMHunters
Hockeychic Kim CAN
hockeygirl Laurie NY
Honeibee Judy NY
hoosmi Jen GA
jam217 PA
JCTigger Jill MA
jeanneg Jeanne NC
Jen117 Jen WI
Jennasis NC
jimmduck
jodistar Jodi CT
karebear1 Karen OR
Kareneast Karen NJ
keenercam Cam DE
KeenHo Howard DE
KelNottAt Kelley MD
Kimickey Kim MD
Kim10110 Kim
Kristi1357 Kristi NH
Lexxiefern Becky MA
lillouisianagal Claire LA
Little Miss Mickey Ashley
Lisa Loves Pooh Lisa FL
littlegreydonkey Helen NZ
macrosswife Kimber AL
magslite Maggie IL
maherae Anne FL
MarkMichaels Mark IA
maryliz maryliz ON
MdmMim
Meghan74 Meghan
MelRhoads Melissa AR
MickeySP Lisa MA
Minigirl Eva
Minnie Suzy
mogulskr Scott NJ
momoftwogirls
monte Monica CO
mousemgr Susan MI
MouseDogMom Jackie NC
Mouse Skywalker Dave NY
MrsTrx Tracey FL
msblrobs Sara NY
nucpharm29 Stephanie AR
NYCpa Kathy NY
ohMom Molli OH
Optimator Mike
outonarun Teri CA
padisneyfan Nancy PA
panthergirl Susan NC
Paull117 Paul WI
perfectmatch300 Nancy FL
plgrn Patti and Jenn
plutosmyfav Sunny MA
pollioni Robb ON
princessmomma Colleen NC
Pungodingy Angie NH
RedDragon Martha MA
rKyDeX Chester FL
rosy1020 Kristin Japan
RunningLilo Dena FL
sap1227 Christy FL
sara
ScoJo15 Scott GA
scoolover Scott CT
scuba diver Jim FL
SilverE Steve ME
SirBouncealot Andrew IA
skfulkers Steve OH
solotraveler Kevin MI
Space Ranger John
stitch lover sith Erin
sugaswim Holly MD
TammyNC Tammy NC
taz4disney CJ IN
TEK224 Terri PA
Texa
thndrmatt Matt FL
tiberius
TiffJ Tiffany AL
TigerLily03 Lily OH
Tinks Vicki IL
twotoohappy Liz MA
TXAng TX
TXBelle Heather TX
Valentine Kathy NY
WDWfan 9 Pat IL
westcliffemom Stacey CO
wfloyd Bill FL
WIsh I Lived in FL Felicia
Worfiedoodles Maria MA
wtpclc Carrie MI
xterratri Lynne ME
zoegirl Bree NC

Yeah I am the first!
But what does that mean?

Well anyway!
I GOT NEW BIKE SHORTS!

Whoever said running is 10% physical and 90% mental was right on :thumbsup I've had major LTO this week and felt very out of sorts before my LR this am...didn't even want to go out this morning. So my 7 miles was not fabulous...walked most of the 6th mile, but made a 12:32 pace. I'm actually not unhappy with it. I know I do better when my brain comes along...just didn't take it with me today :confused3

I've missed a couple runs over the past week to try to let my foot heal. I've had a painful spot on top of the PF foot since the Sarasota half. I'm working the denial because I don't want to deal with a stress fracture. Time off seems to have helped.

Carrie...:wizard: for your injury. I think the sports med referral was a good idea!

Leana...thanks for setting up the skirtsports discount! Wonder who else might give us team discounts :idea:

Laurie...great run!

Kristi...wow...congrats to Molly! That's a lot of pressure for a 9 yo.

Krista...congrats on your 10 mile run! But yikes :scared1:

Bill and Lynnda...glad everything went well and you're back home for Timmy's first holiday!

Welcome back tiberius!

Howard...great to see you around here! Are you on Spring Break?

:wizard: for everyone with LTO issues! We're trying to figure out where DD14 should go to high school, two different programs to decide between, in county or out of district. I'll be glad when this part's over and she's in high school. Good news is she gets her braces off on May 2, right before the Minnie. I've promised her a caramel apple from Goofy's Candy Company.

I got a new fuel belt from runningwarehouse...two bottles since I've been worrying about having enough water to train for the full.

Happy Easter, Passover, Festivus, etc!

Yeah I am the first!
But what does that mean?

Well anyway!
I GOT NEW BIKE SHORTS!

It just means you were faster than the rest of us. Good luck with your new bike shorts!
As for me, I look forward to picking up training after last week's light week following my April 1 half marathon.

Angie – Awesome pace on your run! WTG!

Christy – Great LR!

Laurie – Doesn’t it feel great to run a new longest distance? Great job!

Vic – The TOT clippie is kind of creepy. :scared: You did a good job on it!

Kristi – Bummer that Molly got cut. Sounds like y’all had a good day anyway! I didn’t realize she was so young. That’s really cool.

Krista – I’m so glad your run went well this morning! Yay!

Tiberius – Are you in Houston? Great job on beating your half marathon goal!

Christa – Yay for new bike shorts!

Mel – Sorry your foot’s bothering you. Hope it heals up soon! :wizard:

Training update: We did manage to get in a full 4 days this week. It was tough, but we did it! We got a crazy cold front here (seriously, it's colder for Easter than it was for Christmas), so we did tonight's run/walk on the TM. 2.75 miles in 39 minutes at 1% incline.

I think we're going to try to get a run in early tomorrow morning before driving down to the IL's for Easter.

Happy Easter WISH Team!

I've updated our calendar. Don't forget to stop there to check and post.

Since I've not done much reading these last several weeks it's got to be all about me...I'm working with physical trainer trying to get my body in better shape to get the steps in. I love this and WISH I could afford to continue past the time I've signed on to work with her. I think it is helping me tremendously.

I hope that everyone is continuing to make progress and if you need PD to overcome some things that may be getting in the way I'm offering some to those in need.

pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

Happy Easter

We have a nice warm 24 with 4" of snow on the ground. The high today is supposed to be 35. Never got above freezing yesterday.

I am half heartedly training for the 5K on April 21. I am still in therapy trying to get the strength back in my shoulder. It is coming along but it is a very slow process.

Tax season is almost over and then I am taking a few days off after the 5K. I am having surgery on my left knee for a meniscus tear. I should be back in full training mode by June according to the surgeon. I even will do something which is out of character for me, I will start out slowly and work up gradually to not do any more damage to this old body.

I hear Lynne shoveling snow so she can get her bike out of the car and do a 5 hr trainer session for her upcoming triathlon.

Have a great day.

Good morning and happy easter (if you celebrate it)!

DH (Calcio :hug: ) and I will be running this afternoon. On tap is an 8 mile run. We've chosen to run on the high school track to know exactly how far we've gone and how fast. It was SUPPOSED to be near 50 degrees today but then they called for snow flurries. They've backed off that (thank heaven) but it's still colder than it was at Christmas. Right now it is a balmy 32 degrees with wind chill of 26. I think I'll wait until afternoon to run.

Mel: sorry to hear your run was not quite what you wanted but kudos for getting out and getting a run in!

Christa: hope the bike shorts work out well for you!

Angie: I hope the cold front isn't too bad for you but I heard that parts of TX are supposed to get snow! Yikes!!!

Lily: hope things are well for you! :wizard:

NYcpa: this must be the busiest time of year for you so try and get some rest and survive!

Hope everyone else has a lovely weekend!

I'm on the first page! I'm on the first page!! I'm a somebody now!!!!

Happy Easter to all. My Easter/New Week's resolution? To actually keep up with this thread for the week. Oh, and also to get my butt in gear and get myself back on track with the whole running thing. I have fallen -- hard -- off the training wagon and am having a lot of trouble getting motivated. It just seems that between work, kids, school, the kids' school, the house, the 130 pound dog, the husband, the sick parents, the still-unfinished dissertation, the holidays (we are a 2-religion household, so this past week was particularly brutal) and the weather (okay, after reading the post from Syracuse, I shouldn't complain, at least I don't have snow to contend with, but I hate running when it is windy and in the 30s or low 40s) -- it just seems like there is always something else that takes priority. So I'm hoping if I keep up with this thread, you guys will inspire me to put myself and the running first. Otherwise you will be trampling over me and my green shirt laying on the ground next January.

So, good job on all the runs, congrats on that beautiful new baby boy (by the way, is your full name William Floyd? Thats the name of a highway out on the eastern end of Long Island!), everyone looks fabulous in the pix they posted and I am very impressed with the ability to take a photo of yourself making a W! Hope everyone has a wonderful holiday if you celebrate, a wonderful Sunday no matter what, and a wonderful week full of inspiring running tales (hint, hint ;) ).

Erica

Good morning all!!!

Just a quick notes before heading to the in-laws....:scared1:

I got out yesterday for a quick 3-miler, finished in 26:36, so 8:52/mile!!!:banana: In spite of the cold and snow (or perhaps because of it), I think I really tried to push it. Oh, and it turns out that I don't much mind running in the snow (it's nice, really) so long as the roads are clear. I realize that only happens about 3 days a year here in Michigan.... but it's nice nonetheless. :teeth:

I've been trying to decide what to do this summer in terms of training. I have a 5K and a 10K, but nothing really beyond that. I figure I'll do Hal Higdon's Intermediate II training plan for Goofy, so that takes care of the ToT 13K and Marathon weekend. Hal Higdon's Intermediate II plan is pretty darn intense, so I need to get myself in shape to do it... I'm just not sure how to get there yet :)

I have a very busy week coming up (again), so it looks like 5AM runs for me this week!! :headache: (Now, let's see if I can manage to get here and post them! :thumbsup2 )

Take Care,
Kevin :earsboy:

Well, I'm new to the group....and totally new to this whole walking for great distances thing LOL!

Right now I'm trying to build my cardio base. My goal is 12-14 miles a week for the next couple of weeks. I also just got cleared (recovering from back surgery) to go forward in my training and start swimming again (I was a water based creature for most of my life). So that's great!

I'm trying super hard not to push myself beyond my limits. I'd love to know what you guys use for clues. For example, I did two walks yesterday, one w/the dog at about a 21 min/mile pace for 1.2 miles. The second at just shy of a 20 min/mile pace for 3.4 miles. Although my legs were a little sore getting into bed last night, I feel great this morning. The weather is gorgeous today, and I feel like another 4 miles (one w/the dog, and 3 without) is probably ok. But maybe that's too much too soon.

What am I working towards? I'm planning a 5K in mid June (it's sort of a fun run/walk for an animal shelter). Planning on walking it and hoping for at least a 16 min/mile for the whole race. My ultimate goal is the Disney 1/2 in january (and somewhere around a 14-15 min/mile..maybe faster if I can convince my body that jogging isn't the devil's work.)

I look forward to hearing about everyone's training and to learn as much as I can!

Got my two hour ride in yesterday, for a bunch of personal bests:

Longest time: 2 hours
Longest distance: 35.7 miles
Top Speed: 39.1 mph :scared1: (Avg 17.8)
Longest time in a week: 4.5 hours (3 rides)
Longest distance in a week: 77 miles (3 rides)

The speed was going downhill back over a bridge which was pretty much perfectly downwind with 14mph gusting to 23... Needless to say the first half of the ride which was all upwind was basically brutal... I've never rode a dozen miles straight upwind, so I sure am glad that was the beginning of the ride and not the end... It was all worth it for the glorious flying across the bridge downwind at the end though... Am supposed to get out for a 60 min run today, but it'll be much later in the day once my quads have at least partially recovered.

Quick question to everyone.
I was thinking about do the ToT b/c I will be @ WDW anyway for vacation...but....
Does anyone think $65 is a little pricey for 8.1 race? Am I reading the fee right? Yes, I know they will have a few rides open to enjoy, but WHY $65.00? I pay less than that for some marathons I run.:sad1:
I just don't know if I can swing that. Wah, Wah, Wah!

Christa - I've given up complaining about the high prices for anything & everything Disney does. I guess I try not to think about it - Disney races are by far the most fun! Please come join us! You have to if you are going to be right there!!!

Does anyone think $65 is a little pricey for 8.1 race? I pay less than that for some marathons I run!

Christa, I too think it is pricey. The fee and the fact that I would have to fly down are the main reasons why I am sticking with MCM. ToT would be a lot more costly in the end. My family and I will drive up to MCM and make a long weekend out of it.

8.0 miles in 83:03!!!!!!!!! That's 10:23 per mile average! Aaaaa!! I have NEVER run that fast for that long a distance! OK, so it wasn't consistant 10:23 pace, and there was one mile in the middle where I had a stitch so that mile was 10:42, but the last mile I ran in 9:50!! :banana: Woo-hoo for me!!! I was/am totally psyched about that effort.

Best of all, I had DH on my shoulder the whole way. It really makes a difference running with someone. We were at the high school track and he was running in the outside lane from me so he actually ran further than I did. That's good b/c my pace usually holds him back so this was good for him.

Christa: I did think $65 was a bit high for a race, but I'm willing to pay it for that race. I love that time of year. We'd love to have you join us!!

Monica: I saw there was snow again in CO. Did you get any?

Matt: great ride! :thumbsup2

Kevin: good luck with those early morning runs and survive the busy week ahead!!

bekkiz: :welcome: This group is great and you'll get a lot of support. I think your 5K in June is very do-able.

Have a great day everyone!!!

TXAng - I am in the Houston area (more specifically, Spring/The Woodlands area)

bekkiz - Good luck with your Disney 1/2 goal! I started out in late December following John Bingham's Marathoning for Mortals plan and finished my first half marathon last weekend. If I can do it, you can too.

Hi everyone, happy Easter!!

I've been keeping up with my workouts over the last few days. Since I took a rest day Wednesday I turned Friday into a XT day with an hour of aerobic body sculpting (step and weights). The workout felt great, but I think it may have been a bit much to do the day before my long run as my legs felt tired on the run yesterday.

That being said though, I still pulled out a great 6.2 mile LR yesterday. I ran it in 1:09:26 for an 11:12/mi. Not too bad! My splits were reasonably consistent, except for the last 1.2 miles! I opted to run the pathway downtown because they clear snow there year round (and yes, yesterday there was still snow on the ground). Well, I've never done this long a distance down there before so I extended out my loop a bit farther east. Well let me tell you, once I hit the last 1.2 mile homestretch on the SE side of town I also landed in the not so savory part of the city. I really kicked it into high gear to make it back! Next time I may do a double loop to avoid that part of town...

This morning I did 30 min of upper body weights. I have to move Tuesday's run to Monday, so I didn't want to tax the legs too much. Thankfully weather wise this coming week looks much better, except for a chance of snow we have Tuesday. Otherwise we are back to warm spring weather!

Well, I have to hit the grocery store for a few last minute items for the Easter dinner I am hosting for my DB and DSIL so I'd better get on with it. Enjoy the rest of your weekend everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter