With Yankee Trader Rehab, Where to Buy Haunted Mansion Merch?

dragonstarr

Earning My Ears
Hi All, my best friend is in WDW right now! I really wish that I could be there with her but alas, I must wait until next year. She has graciously offered to bring me back a souvenir! Hooray!:banana: I'm a big Haunted Mansion fan and I was wondering where she coould find Haunted Mansion merchandise while the Yankee Trader is under rehab? Any info is greatly appreciated!:goodvibes

Sadly, it seems that it's all been pulled until the shop is open. No date has been set so far, other than "late Fall". With the Halloween parties already in full swing, it seems they're missing a big opportunity there. :confused3

When I was there in August they had some in one of the sections of the Emporium. That was really the only place I saw any.

I was there about a week ago, desperately on the hunt for HM merchandise. I found the bat stanchion bottle stopper in the spice & tea store in DTD, so I asked the checkout CM if they had anything else. She kind of eyed me slyly and said that they had things but they weren't allowed to put them out on the floor until Yankee Trader opened, around October 5th. Then she asked if I was looking for anything in particular, and the only thing I could think of were the placemats I've seen on eBay, and she said she hadn't seen those. I wonder if I had kept asking about different things if I would have been able to buy stuff!

On a whim I called the merchandise hotline yesterday and asked if they had the new HM stuff. I was told that they had a list of things they couldn't sell yet. This time I came "armed" and started asking about things I had seen up at auction. I won't get into specifics, but let's say I have a couple of new HM things being shipped to me. :cool1: At one point I asked the CM on the phone if she could tell me what was on the list that they could sell, or if I had to just throw darts and see what stuck, and she laughed and said yes, the latter.

Happy h(a)unting!

Looks like the gift shop already had a soft opening. I saw some pics online...def looks cool. Momento Mori

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter