Wishes Wedding 1/17/11-WP/CG-TR Day 6, Last Day

Thanks, I think I've come to realize that I can't control what everyone else is doing. We're going to be sending out our invitations, and I'll just wait until we get the RSVPs back before stressing anymore. And it's true, it does seem like things are starting to pick up...and I've noticed the more things pick up, the more money we're spending! :laughing: Oh well, knew that was going to happen eventually. :)

I'm hoping to go with Patricia LeJeune. I emailed her over the weekend, and I'm waiting for a reply back. I'm just not sold on the idea of signing a contract before having a trial done. And from what i understand, Beaute Speciale has you sign and deposit $50. So I probably won't be going with them. I could be wrong about that. I don't know though, I'm still deciding.I just can't seem to make up my mind. :rolleyes1

That's a good plan, you can't help what they do, so don't worry too much about it and in the end it'll all work out. :goodvibes

I'm not sure how Patricia's contract works but I'm pretty sure I could cancel with Beaute Speciale up until two weeks before the wedding. You do leave a $50 deposit, they just apply that to whatever services you're getting done, and most of my girls are getting their hair and make-up but we didn't have to do a separate deposit for each of them. I'm sure Patricia probably has something similar though and it couldn't hurt to ask.

Thanks, I think Eddie did a great job with the notices myself :teeth:.I looked at the email I received from Beaute Speciale and I think I misread it the first time. It says a $50 deposit is required to book each event, not a trial. I'm still debating on who I should use. I requested info from Patricia LeJeune, but so far haven't heard anything back. The only person I've had good contact with so far is Janet from On Site Beauty. I think I want to have our e-pics done in November, so I still have some time to figure out who to go with (I hope there's still time, I'm not sure how far in advance we're supposed to book these things :confused:).

Eddie is a keeper!:goodvibes He did a great job. I love them.
I really don't know how soon you have to book your hair and make-up for the trial. I know I want to do my e-pics with D & V when it's a little cooler. I'm trying to lose some weight too. I officially booked my photography and I've been telling everyone I'm using BS for my hair and make up but haven't officially booked with BS. I hear good things about Beaute Speciale and Patricia all the time. I've got to tell you though, I love it when the vendors answer my e-mails or calls promptly.

Thanks for the info ladies. :goodvibes I got an email last night from Patricia Lejeune, basically it just gave an outline of how their deposits work. I requested more info from them to see if they can also do any predawn services and if there's any additional fees for that. We shall see what happens.

So, I finally got a response from Jen about Eddie's surprise grooms cake! The chef had said the cake ideas I sent him would be well above my $300 budget, so he went ahead and made a proposal for me. Here's what he sent me:

"I can do a ½ sheet cake, Mets colors around the sides. A print of the New York skyline, and the Mets logo “shadowboxed” on top of that. On the corners of the cakes I can probably find a couple of the current Mets players, print them out, and shadowbox then on top of the skyline as well. This would be about $250, and still look nice."

I was so excited when I read what he came up with! :cool1: I think his idea is great (although I don't know what "shadowboxed" is lol), and I really appreciate the fact that he came up with a great idea that will make both Eddie and me happy and keep below our budget. :cheer2:

I also received a response from Ken on our Magic Kingdom portrait session. We're booked for 6am on January 18th!!! Yay! I hadn't realized that I should've booked that long ago, but I guess it doesn't matter since they had the date we wanted available. :yay: I'm trying to get DF to agree to adding another park to the session, but so far he hasn't caved. :rotfl: I'll keep working on it, I'm sure I can wear him down eventually. :lmao:

I've emailed Jen and Ken to see about doing a DP in Epcot. They haven't gotten back to me yet, but I'm hoping we can go over it some more at the planning session. (in 4 days!!!)

We also purchased our invitations. When we got the email to approve the invitations, we realized we ordered the wrong colors!!! :eek: We wanted brown with pink, but the website defaulted back to the original color of brown and ivory! :scared1: The email with the proof says they won't change the color, so today DF is going to call them and beg and plead to change the color. We're willing to pay whatever the difference is to have the invitations printed on pink paper, so I'm hoping they'll be accommodating. :worried: So for now it's another waiting game... :rolleyes1

YAY your planning is coming along great! I feel like I checked your PJ maybe a day and a half ago and there is like double the stuff now! WAY to go! :yay:

I am using Patricia LeJune and honestly I was super worried prior to the Engagment Session but she is so carefree and totally listens to anything you may want or need and BONUS she's super easy to talk with. She actually took down my curls/styled the bridal style/took pics/and started styling for the engagement pics by the time Alex was out of the shower so he didn't see anything :thumbsup2. I can't say anything about the other choices but from the reports on the boards they all have gone over great!

And on the CA Grill either way you choose will be awesome. I have seen pics of people using the restaurant and it looks great. When I was originally signed up for the CA restaurant, my planner offered blocking off a segmant of the restaurant for our group...maybe that's an option :) Either way just go with what you feel will be best and in the end it will be ;)

Can't wait to read more popcorn::

So yesterday we went to our planning session! :cool1:

It was so much fun! We took my mom and sister (moh) along with us. I value both their opinions, and my sister never got to do a cake tasting for her wedding, so I was happy she got to join us yesterday.

We arrived for our session at about 8:45. Since we were a little early, we had a chance to explore the area a little. They completely re-did Francks since we were last there in February. I think it looks so much better! It used to look like a giant, desperate show house, but now it's much more elegant. Definitely a big improvement. Since my mom and sister had never been to Francks, they were definitely taken by surprise when we pulled in. We only saw workers around the WP, but since I was told by Jen that we couldn't see it, I didn't let my family get close to the building. (I'm a freak about following rules lol). We waited in Francks for our planner to arrive. He had great news, we could see the WP!

We all went up to the WP, and yeah, we've seen it in pictures, but there is truly nothing like walking up to it in person. Ken opened the doors for us, and the sound system was playing "Can you feel the love tonight", which is the song I'm walking down the aisle to! No one but DF and Ken know that's my song. Hearing that playing and standing at the entrance just made everything so real. So yeah, that first view is breathtaking. Absolutely gorgeous. The castle looks amazing when you're standing there in real life. Pictures just don't dot this place justice. I walked down the aisle to get a better view, and when I turned around I see my mom crying her eyes out! :rotfl: She's so cute, she was all embarrassed, she wasn't expecting to be so emotional. So after we all picked our jaws up off the floor, Ken took us around to the Groom's Room and the Bride's Vestibule. Very cool. Then we walked around the property a little and made our way back to our PS room.

Once in the room, Ken jumped right into the planning. We were sitting at a round table, with me closest to Ken. Apparently since I'm the bride, I'm the one being asked all the questions! I felt so embarrassed having to answer everything. But Ken really does make you feel comfortable. Right as we start getting into things like photography timeline and such, someone comes into the room to tell us a bride just arrived in Cinderella's coach. So we all went outside and watched her arrive and meet her groom. It was beautiful. But definitely not my style. So much money just for a picture in a glass case with horses. During the session, we discussed things like hand-held streamers instead of bubbles or petals during the exit, and transportation and cake styles. It was pretty much just going over the planning packet.

Next up we tried cake. I was so excited when he brought the tray in and there was Red Velvet cake on the platter!!! :woohoo: We tried the different flavors...eh...I'm not really into exotic flavors, so I wasn't really into any of the icings except the buttercream. My mom and sister were really pushing for almond with raspberry icing, but bleh, not for me or df. So we compromised and ended up getting bottom tier Red Velvet with buttercream, second tier Almond with buttercream and top tier Red Velvet with buttercream. Everyone can just deal with it. :laughing: We spent a while discussing different cake styles, and ended up picking a square cake, 3 tiers, its going to be bottom tier light pink, and then its going to fade up to the top tier to almost no pink at all, with the castle on top and scroll work on the body of the cake. Very pretty, and they're going to do the design to match the beading on my dress. I was very excited when Ken showed a picture of the layout for our reception. We can utilize a small space on the right side of the restaurant, with 4 round tables surrounding the dance floor, with our table against the window with the castle behind us. :love:

Next up, our floral planner came in. He was very nice. And since I have no clue about flowers and what looks good, he pretty much showed all kinds of pictures. I'm going to get a bouquet with white calla's, and light pink roses in the middle, supposedly they're going to be small so I can just get a little pink in there. My bridesmaids are going to get just the pink roses, and then we have DF with a calla bout., and the groomsmen will have pink roses, and the fathers will have white roses. Blah, boring lol. I honestly don't care about the flowers. Budget permitting, we're going to get a white aisle runner, with pink and white petals down the sides. No floral for the memorial candle. Our cocktail hour is same place as reception, not going to put anything there. For the reception, we're going to have 3 varying sizes of vases with candles floating, and a light pink rose in the water, with pale pink petals surrounding. Should be nice. Hopefully not too expensive. We're going to just use the standard white linens. No fuss. I did get excited for the dessert party. Ken told me earlier that he booked us for the UK Lochside, so I was really excited about that. For the party we're going to get the gel candles with the LED lights, in a pink color. :thumbsup2 I love those candles, so I'm excited and hopefully they aren't too crazy expensive.

After going over our decor, we pretty much were done. Ken came back in, he told us when we'd receive our BEO (apparently he's been on vacation and is really backed up with work, so it's going to be WEEKS!!!). It's ok, we've got a while til the wedding, but I know it's going to take a lot of patience on my part! I want to see where we are budget wise. I already know I'm going to be cutting the chartered buses, for some reason my sister and Ken both kept pushing that we get these buses, but no, I'm not into how expensive they are. Everyone can drive themselves, or we can get them the much cheaper vans.

So now it's yet another waiting game until we get our floral proposal and BEO. But boy, it sure was fun planning my wedding all day. I only wish our passes weren't blacked out, it's torture being so close to MK and not being able to go in! Probably wouldn't have been much fun in 100 degree heat anyway. :laughing:

I thought I'd share some pictures from the planning session. I didn't take many, but I thought I'd post them anyway.

My sister enjoying the sparkly cake :laughing:

Inside Francks

DF looking at photos in Francks

Wedding Pavilion :love:

And a pic of my mom in her MOB dress :goodvibes

loving every post! you're just like me... i told my bf (we've lived together for 2 1/2 years) that April 22, 2013 he needs to be present at the yacht club, lol. i know the ring is coming, he just wants to make sure i get the right one, and i'm sure he'll wait till we're at the magic kingdom. so until then, i will plan a wdw trip every 6 months, lol!! can't wait to read more!

I thought I'd share some pictures from the planning session. I didn't take many, but I thought I'd post them anyway.

My sister enjoying the sparkly cake :laughing:

Inside Francks

DF looking at photos in Francks

Wedding Pavilion :love:

And a pic of my mom in her MOB dress :goodvibes

I love everything so far!!! Where did you find your mom's dress? I LOVE IT!!!!!:love::love:

Your PS sounds like it went great, and thanks so much for sharing the new pictures of Franck's! It looks very pretty. :goodvibes

And your mom looks gorgeous in her dress ... so elegant!

loving every post! you're just like me... i told my bf (we've lived together for 2 1/2 years) that April 22, 2013 he needs to be present at the yacht club, lol. i know the ring is coming, he just wants to make sure i get the right one, and i'm sure he'll wait till we're at the magic kingdom. so until then, i will plan a wdw trip every 6 months, lol!! can't wait to read more!

:rotfl: I love that you'll plan a wdw trip every 6 months until he proposes, that's basically what I did. I had us spend 3 days in Sanibel, FL every few months, and when I realized it wasn't happening, I gave him the deadline of January 2011. :laughing: Hopefully you get it on your next trip! :goodvibes

I love everything so far!!! Where did you find your mom's dress? I LOVE IT!!!!!:love::love:

Thanks! She got the dress at a small boutique here in FL, but I believe the designer is Jovani from New York. You can look at jovani.com and find this dress and others under the Evening gown section. She's walking me down the aisle along with my dad, so she wanted something a little more special than the traditional mother of the bride dresses. :goodvibes

Your PS sounds like it went great, and thanks so much for sharing the new pictures of Franck's! It looks very pretty. :goodvibes

And your mom looks gorgeous in her dress ... so elegant!

They did a wonderful job fixing up Franck's. It's much better than it used to be, in my opinion. And thanks! I absolutely love my mom's dress! She doesn't normally spend money on herself, so it did take a little bit of convincing on my part for her to buy it, but ultimately she realized how perfect the dress is and finally bought something she truly loved and looks great in. :yay:

Originally Posted by Jules~Marie We all went up to the WP, and yeah, we've seen it in pictures, but there is truly nothing like walking up to it in person. Ken opened the doors for us, and the sound system was playing "Can you feel the love tonight", which is the song I'm walking down the aisle to! No one but DF and Ken know that's my song. Hearing that playing and standing at the entrance just made everything so real.

I read those lines and I instantly got goosebumps! That is so... magical is all I can say. :rotfl: Leave it to Disney to give you a magical moment on your planning session.

Firstly, congrats. I've just started to read your PJ and I feel connected with you. :hug:

DF and I just moved down from NY (Queens girl!) to FL this April and he proposed right before we left. We've always wanted to live in the land of the happy people and we finally got fed up with NY and decided to come down. It was a crazy move because we both had quit our jobs and are still unemployed. Luckily we had saved money so we're doing ok for now. We just celebrated our 10th anniversary(he knew he was going to get an earful if he hadn't proposed by then, I'm a patient person but that's crazy!).

I would love to do a Disney wedding but have been afraid of costs. Much like you, I'd have a small group probably in the 40-50 range. So I will definitely be following your posts to see how you are doing. You'll be my inspiration that maybe I can do a Disney wedding. :goodvibes

And you hubby-to-be sounds like such a sweetie. He did an awesome job on the ring and your engagement notices.

So we got our invitations in the mail yesterday! :cool1:

I thought I'd share a picture of the bridal party gifts. We bought these a couple of months ago. We're having 4 people in our party, my brother is the best man, brother in law is a groomsman, sister is the matron of honor and my aunt is a bridesmaid. :)

The back left bag is a cooler for the groomsman, the bag next to it is a duffel bag for my brother. We bought my sister white gold hoop earrings, and we got Jessica the David Tutera carriage charm. It's kind of hard to see in the picture, but it's pretty and we're going to get her a bracelet to put the charm on.

And now for the invitations. We bought these from American Weddings, and they were so wonderful and easy to work with.

I read those lines and I instantly got goosebumps! That is so... magical is all I can say. :rotfl: Leave it to Disney to give you a magical moment on your planning session.

Firstly, congrats. I've just started to read your PJ and I feel connected with you. :hug:

DF and I just moved down from NY (Queens girl!) to FL this April and he proposed right before we left. We've always wanted to live in the land of the happy people and we finally got fed up with NY and decided to come down. It was a crazy move because we both had quit our jobs and are still unemployed. Luckily we had saved money so we're doing ok for now. We just celebrated our 10th anniversary(he knew he was going to get an earful if he hadn't proposed by then, I'm a patient person but that's crazy!).

I would love to do a Disney wedding but have been afraid of costs. Much like you, I'd have a small group probably in the 40-50 range. So I will definitely be following your posts to see how you are doing. You'll be my inspiration that maybe I can do a Disney wedding. :goodvibes

And you hubby-to-be sounds like such a sweetie. He did an awesome job on the ring and your engagement notices.

Thanks! Yes, it was extremely emotional when I walked into the WP, very magical. :) And I understand when you say you feel connected, after reading these journals, you do feel a connection to the people telling their stories.

Yay for NY!!! :banana: I miss it there, but it's way better being down here, much closer to Disney. :rotfl: Good luck with the job thing pixiedust:, my brother is in the process of moving down, and I'm nervous he wont be able to find anything. It took my fiance 3 months to find a job. :eek: We weren't expecting that, and that was back in 2007 when the economy wasn't so bad.

I'm really hoping to keep the wedding right around the $10k minimum, so I will definitely be posting my BEO once I get it so everyone can see how hard (or hopefully easy) it is to have a beautiful wedding while still sticking to your budget. I am sweating it a little, it's nerve racking waiting for that first BEO! :scared: Hopefully it won't be so bad, we'll see what happens! :goodvibes

Your planning session looks like it was AMAZING!

Everything sounds so great and I LOVE your invites! My mom just got her MOB dress too. It's black and to her knees because i told everyone to just give in and let me be the only one to die of heat lol. She was so cute in the store, she thought it was too sexy....lol but i'm like if i'm saying its okay hahah Mom's can be so much fun

Thanks! She got the dress at a small boutique here in FL, but I believe the designer is Jovani from New York. You can look at jovani.com and find this dress and others under the Evening gown section. She's walking me down the aisle along with my dad, so she wanted something a little more special than the traditional mother of the bride dresses. :goodvibes

I live in FL so I would love to know where you got it!!! And I would love to look at the store and see what they have for both MOB and MOG:banana:

I live in FL so I would love to know where you got it!!! And I would love to look at the store and see what they have for both MOB and MOG:banana:

I totally forgot that you're in FL! We got the dress at a boutique called Devi's Bridal. They're website is devibridal.com. They have some crazy outfits in there, but they also have some really nice items as well. Below is their address and phone number. Hope this helps. :goodvibes

10341 Cross Creek Blvd.
Suite B
Tampa, FL 33647

813-632-8815

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter