Wishes Dessert Party ADR Watch Thread # 2 - September 2013 OPEN!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that the website says that the reservations open 60 days out, but I was told when making my other ADRs that dessert party for Dec would open 90 days out. Whether it will or won't, I will personally start checking 1st of Sept (maybe sooner :-)

It's not going to open before October or November, so save yourself some time and don't start obsessively looking until November opens :) Definitely keep an eye on this thread too since we are all so obsessive. Not much gets past us :thumbsup2

I know that the website says that the reservations open 60 days out, but I was told when making my other ADRs that dessert party for Dec would open 90 days out. Whether it will or won't, I will personally start checking 1st of Sept (maybe sooner :-)

Dec 2011 opened tues 10/4

Dec 2012 opened we'd 10/3

Can someone walk me through how to book on line.
When I go to Where to Eat=Make Dining Reservations= Dining Event , I get only Dine With An Imagineer? as my option.
It's for my sisters birthday trip in October (I know it isn't available yet but want to be ready)
Thanks in advance (usually I'm good at this stuff) :wave2:

When I go to Where to Eat=Make Dining Reservations= Dining Event , I get only Dine With An Imagineer? as my option.
It's for my sisters birthday trip in October (I know it isn't available yet but want to be ready)

Hi what I did is go to the wdw site and typed in tomorrowland terrace. Then it gives a link to look up dates for the wished dessert party. On the small calendar pick the date, change location drop down box to tomorrowland terrace and then click ok. Hope that helps

So I've been trying to get an ADR for the TTFDP since March for my trip in September.. First I was told call 90 days before your trip then I was told 60 days before my trip. Lo and behold today I find out they opened the September calendar and are booked the entire week I am at WDW. If anyone has reservations for 9/8 and decides to give them up, pretty please let me know! I only have two in my party and we have been trying to do this since our second trip in 2010. :(

Thanks!

So I've been trying to get an ADR for the TTFDP since March for my trip in September.. First I was told call 90 days before your trip then I was told 60 days before my trip. Lo and behold today I find out they opened the September calendar and are booked the entire week I am at WDW. If anyone has reservations for 9/8 and decides to give them up, pretty please let me know! I only have two in my party and we have been trying to do this since our second trip in 2010. :(

Thanks!

Your best bet is to search online for a party 3 then book 2 Adults and 1 child under 3 (no charge) either show up with just 2 or cancel the phantom child beforehand

Tables for a party of 2 are very limited and book up very fast

Good Luck!

Just go to this link ( I suggest you bookmark it)

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/magic-kingdom/tomorrowland-terrace-fireworks-dessert-party/?sid=71433229518-7434368-1610116-8870299&ts=1345573236

Maybe someone here can help me with this. My mother,son and I will be going to wdw in November with the hopes of getting an adr for the dessert party on 11/10. My sis and her husband will be there the week before us and want to surprise my mom by showing up at the dessert party to celebrate my mom's 70th birthday. How can I surprise her if I make the ress for five people? I don't want her to know my sister will be there. Should I make two separate ress and is there anyway of letting someone know if we can have our tables near each other or make it for five people but let someone know to not mention the other two people on the ress. Do all people on the ress need to show up at the same time? Or can they come in a little later?

Maybe someone here can help me with this. My mother,son and I will be going to wdw in November with the hopes of getting an adr for the dessert party on 11/10. My sis and her husband will be there the week before us and want to surprise my mom by showing up at the dessert party to celebrate my mom's 70th birthday. How can I surprise her if I make the ress for five people? I don't want her to know my sister will be there. Should I make two separate ress and is there anyway of letting someone know if we can have our tables near each other or make it for five people but let someone know to not mention the other two people on the ress. Do all people on the ress need to show up at the same time? Or can they come in a little later?

Does your mom have access to your MDE? If not, she won't really know how many people are on the reservation....have your son distract her when you check in (if son is too young to let in on the secret, suggest mom and son stand aside while you go to check in) so they don't say "party of 5" or something....and when they seat you at a 6top table, just shrug your shoulders if she asks why you have such a large table, lol. Or....time it so that your sister walks up in line just behind you and surprises mom in line! Texting would be a big help in that timing....sis could stand inside the building next to TLT and just come up behind you as you walk into line. I seriously doubt there is a way to assure that two reservations would be sitting together......I know they place them in the order received, but if by the time you finish reservation #1 (online or on phone) there could have been a half dozen others finishing their reservation before you're done with #2.

What great kids mom has to celebrate her big birthday with her at WDW! I just turned 50 earlier this month and I hope someone does the planning for a big trip for my 70th!

Thanks!

I agree with sjs.....I just found a ressie for a party of 3 at 9:15 on 9/8!

Does your mom have access to your MDE? If not, she won't really know how many people are on the reservation....have your son distract her when you check in (if son is too young to let in on the secret, suggest mom and son stand aside while you go to check in) so they don't say "party of 5" or something....and when they seat you at a 6top table, just shrug your shoulders if she asks why you have such a large table, lol. Or....time it so that your sister walks up in line just behind you and surprises mom in line! Texting would be a big help in that timing....sis could stand inside the building next to TLT and just come up behind you as you walk into line. I seriously doubt there is a way to assure that two reservations would be sitting together......I know they place them in the order received, but if by the time you finish reservation #1 (online or on phone) there could have been a half dozen others finishing their reservation before you're done with #2.

What great kids mom has to celebrate her big birthday with her at WDW! I just turned 50 earlier this month and I hope someone does the planning for a big trip for my 70th!

Thank you so much. We're going to make the ress for five and we will text each other in line. I want to surprise her at the table so I will find a way to talk to the hostess that the rest of my party is elsewhere in line and to not mention it to my mother.

I'm not sure, but I believe your entire party must be there to check in. I'd surprise Mom in line. Two separate tables may not be anywhere near each other.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I'm not sure, but I believe your entire party must be there to check in. I'd surprise Mom in line. Two separate tables may not be anywhere near each other.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

My entire party will be in line but can't I have my sister standing near the end of the line and explain to the hostess about what I'm trying to do?

My entire party will be in line but can't I have my sister standing near the end of the line and explain to the hostess about what I'm trying to do?

I would let the CM know "hey I'm trying to surprise my mom for her 70th birthday....that lady behind us in the purple Mickey shirt is my sister and Mom doesn't know she's joining us, that's the surprise. Could you please seat us and then bring sis to the table and join us in the big surprise?"

CM live for surprises, lol.....so chances are big that they'll bend the rules to help you achieve it.....and absolute worse case you get the crabby CM who says no you all have to be here to enter....so you lean over, tell your son to go get Aunty Susie-Q back there, and bring sis up and do the surprise right there. Not the exact scenario you want, but Mom isn't going to care where she was sitting/standing when she got her surprise....she's probably not even going to remember that part...she's going to remember the surprise and the love and hugs she got from her favorite people in the whole world...her children and grandchild!

So...work for the big surprise at the table, be prepared for an off kilter presentation if things go other than planned.

Edited: I have no clue what the rules are....maybe your whole party has to be there or doesn't....I'm not seeing either way mentioned on the information page on Disney's website, though in some ways it does make sense that in order to keep track of people they'll want to seat everyone at once....but then again CMs do a lot of crazy things to make surprises happen, so it's always worth a try, just knowing that it's not guaranteed and won't always work that way. But she'll love it no matter how the surprise takes place!

I would let the CM know "hey I'm trying to surprise my mom for her 70th birthday....that lady behind us in the purple Mickey shirt is my sister and Mom doesn't know she's joining us, that's the surprise. Could you please seat us and then bring sis to the table and join us in the big surprise?"

CM live for surprises, lol.....so chances are big that they'll bend the rules to help you achieve it.....and absolute worse case you get the crabby CM who says no you all have to be here to enter....so you lean over, tell your son to go get Aunty Susie-Q back there, and bring sis up and do the surprise right there. Not the exact scenario you want, but Mom isn't going to care where she was sitting/standing when she got her surprise....she's probably not even going to remember that part...she's going to remember the surprise and the love and hugs she got from her favorite people in the whole world...her children and grandchild!

So...work for the big surprise at the table, be prepared for an off kilter presentation if things go other than planned.

Edited: I have no clue what the rules are....maybe your whole party has to be there or doesn't....I'm not seeing either way mentioned on the information page on Disney's website, though in some ways it does make sense that in order to keep track of people they'll want to seat everyone at once....but then again CMs do a lot of crazy things to make surprises happen, so it's always worth a try, just knowing that it's not guaranteed and won't always work that way. But she'll love it no matter how the surprise takes place!

All I can do is try. It's a surprise no matter what. I'd rather have all of us at one table celebrating than getting two ress and not be near each other.

Anyone have trouble booking for Sept?
My mom is trying to book now and it wont show up at all on the reservation page (the only thing that shows is dine with an imagineer) and when she called the CM said nothing was available for Sept..

I know its popular, but I find it hard to believe the whole month is completely sold out. Last year when I booked there were at least some spots somewhere in the month for weeks.......

Just wondering.

Anyone have trouble booking for Sept?
My mom is trying to book now and it wont show up at all on the reservation page (the only thing that shows is dine with an imagineer) and when she called the CM said nothing was available for Sept..

I know its popular, but I find it hard to believe the whole month is completely sold out. Last year when I booked there were at least some spots somewhere in the month for weeks.......

Just wondering.

I can get to the reservation page with the link I provided on the previous page but it seems the site itself is not working properly. Maybe try calling again but the CM's may be having the same issues with it not showing any availability

Good luck

I can get to the reservation page with the link I provided on the previous page but it seems the site itself is not working properly. Maybe try calling again but the CM's may be having the same issues with it not showing any availability

Good luck

I was just on and it seems to be working fine. I checked every available date for september and 9-10 & 9-22 were the only 2 that showed no available tables.

Why is one of the dates in October already highlighted? I'm anxious LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter