Wishblade owners

all4disney98

DIS Veteran
Hi,
I am fairly new to using the Wishblade - basically I can cut fonts and diecuts. I was wondering, however, if anyone can tell me how I can cut connected letters. I thought I have read that there is software to use that helps you trace the word before bringing it over to the wishblade.

Any help is very much appreciated!
Thanks!

Check out the website www.paperthreads.com or join one of the many Wishblade user groups (I belong to several thru Yahoo!). These sites have step-by-step tutorials that answer virtually every question you have, and there are lots of great share files available to download. They also have links to the downloads you'll need for the programs (inkscape, robocraft, etc.) that will convert your files to the .gsd format that Wishblade requires. The info that comes with the Wishblade is pretty useless, but the tutorials that are on these sites (especially paperthreads) are outstanding!

Have fun with your new toy! DH bought mine last month, and I'm having a blast playing around with it! :)

I agree. I use inkscape to do my tracing when I want connected titles. It is a free download. If you join the yahoo groups there are some great tutorials out there. I just ran through those and that helped me figure out the machine enough to learn more.

Also, on paperthreads, once you join, you can get into the gsd files. There are hundreds of cut files out there that some incredibly talented folks have done. I cut a bunch of stuff at Christmas and they were all from paperthreads.

Thanks to you both for your help! I will join some groups tonight!! My DH bought me the wishblade in September because I was going to a weekend crop and he thought I could cut a lot of titles before I left (he is a really thoughtful guy, have to try to remember that when I get upset with him for the little things :) ). But since then I have only cut single letter titles and really want to try to learn more.

Thanks again luvmy2sams and KAMommy!

Good luck!

I spent this afternoon going through a couple of tutorials on welded letters and adding clip art to welded letters. I was so excited when everything worked! Believe me, if I can do it, then anyone can! Have fun! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter