Wishblade Owners

mel746

Earning My Ears
Are there any Wishblade owners on this list? I just bought one recently. It has not been used except for titles. I was waiting to learn to trace until after my December trip to Disney because I am in the process of making 5 mini autograph books before we leave next month so I just don't have time to sit and learn something new.

I downladed the new robomaster 2.4 software the other day and within minutes I was doing Disney Logo files. Have you guys seen this software? It has an auto trace feature. I took logos for Soarin' and Expedition Everest into the program. It autotraced it and I just had to clean up some vectors. This is really going to make using the Wishblade much easier for Disney and other scrapbook projects.

Melanie in TX

Thanks for the info!

DH purchased a Wishblade for me a few weeks ago, but I haven't had a chance to play with it yet. Hopefully, I'll be able to spend more than 5 minutes with it in the coming weeks. I can't wait to figure everything out! :)

Thanks for the tip! I've had my WB for about 6 mos and haven't done much more than titles and downloaded diecuts. Haven't really needed to so far. But I'm looking to expand my horizons a little. Where can I find the craft robo program? It sounds great.

I am not sure I can post the link here. The last time I tried to it said I was not allowed. It says "Your Post contains one or more URLs, The DIS requires a minimum number of posts before allowing the posting of URL's" when I try to add a link.

The Robo Master Software with auto trace can be found at graphtec online. It is free to download. Locate the setup.exe file inside RMaster>CD1 and launch it. Then follow the steps to install. BUT I don't think this version will install the drivers so you may need to reinstall your old version first if you removed that part. You can auto trace and save it as a GSD once you clean up vectors. If you have a WB, you will have to close Robo Master and open the GSD in Wishblade Advance.

Since I can't post a link I don't know what to do. AUGH How many posts must one make to add a link?

Melanie

I've mainly done titles and diecuts too. This sounds neat. I'll have to look into it.

:sad1: I had to buy a fridge instead of the wishblade, but I'm resaving my pennies. I will get one! Thanks for the tips though! :thumbsup2

Melanie,
I have robomaster installed, but haven't done autotrace. I have hand traced some things. How do you use the autotrace on there?
Thanks

There is a new Robo Master Software 2.40 that was released last Tuesday or Wednesday. It has auto trace. The old software does not have auto trace. Once you have opened a new file and inserted a file you are ready to auto trace. You then go to Edit and click Get Outline. A small window will open up with your graphic. You can either choose convert to Outline which will outline all lines or outer frame only which would just do the outer perimeter of the graphic. If you want outer frame only, you check the box and then chose convert to outline. If you want interior portions outline, do not click outer frame only and click the convert to outline. You then can clean up the outline with the delete break points, add breakpoints, and straight/curve buttons.

Melanie

I haven't downloaded this software yet but I am looking forward to it. Would anyone be interested in sharing the Disney files we have each made so we don't all have to make each of them?

Rebecca

Rebecca,

I would be interested but I have not made any yet. I have some made by others. I am not going to make any until after my trip. I have 23 days to get myself organized and finish my mini autograph books and all the other things on my to do list. I do have some GSDs I gathered online or was given by group members and since they were online I assume I can share them.

Melanie

WOW! Thanks for the heads up. I love my craft robo, but the biggest hassle is getting tracings for print and cuts. I have the freebie software loaded, and it works, but with a bunch of steps. I am going to download software tonight! :banana:

And I agree with all of you. I have had mine since the summer. I have done titles, some fancy frames, and a lot of print and cuts, but there is just SO much it can do. After Christmas, I don't have a trip for a while and I hope to play with it.

:guilty: I wanna Wishblade!!! My friend just got a cricut, but I like the fact that use can use ANY font with the Wishblade ... right??? I have SO many on my computer which I'd LOVE to use!!!

Do you guys have pics of what else it can do?? I'd LOVE to see!! ... but then again, maybe I shouldn't!! :blush:

The Wishblade is on my Wish List ;) but it will have to wait til next Christmas or my birthday...

I need help...okay in a lot of ways. ;) But specifically, I can't find this download. Does anyone have a link?

LOL

Well, I guess I can now post links but when I tried previously I could not because it said I hd to have a minimum number of posts. I guess I reached the magic post number. I hope those links work for you.

Melanie

I have a Wishblade, got it about a year and a half ago. But I haven't had much time to play with it, much less scrap, with a toddler.

Here's a pic of about the only thing I've had time to do with it - and that was within the first few months I had it.
DCL-Frames-JournalBoxes.jpg

I made these for a DCL swap here on the DIS. I traced the logo, "DCL" and "Cruise Line", used a file someone else had made for "Disney" (before you could cut any TTF), and used a regular punch for the Mickey head.

I've really been wanting to get back to using my Wishblade. I have the Inkscape program for tracing, but I'll definitely look at the new version of Robomaster. That would cut out a step for sure. I even have some pictures from a DCL coloring book scanned for my next project.

Am I too late to join the party?? I bought a wishblade over the summer and have used it 2x for titles only since I have no ide how to do anything with it.

How did you get the Disney logos in to autotrace??

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter