Wish BCV had community hall?

tammydel

A true blue DISer!
I am a BCV owner (love it).
Last summer my kids and I spent a few nights at BWV (loved it).
We checked out the community hall at BW and guess what? Loved it.

We were just going to stop by and see it. We ended up spending a couple of hours. The kids really liked (needed!) the down time. It was soo pleasant and relaxing. They played ping pong and fooseball, swam in the quiet pool and then came in a played the ....free....mother approved....video games. They read the activities board an found many things they would have liked to do.

I kept thinking of how nice it would be if we had something like this at BCV. We have the nice quiet pool area. After being busy at parks it was a great place for kids to hang out, meet each other...

Anyone else wish we had this? Think it would ever happen???

Tammy

I also would love a community hall at BCV. I love hanging out at BCV, but I'm one of those few who don't swim. I'd love some organized activities there, like a good game of Goofy Bingo!

Surprisingly, as little as we've used the Community Hall at BWV, the fact that there wasn't one was one reason why we didn't consider an add-on at BCV.

Anyone remember back form when BCV opened? Was there any discussion about a community hall?
Any reason given for not having one?

DVC are you listening?

tammydel said:
Anyone remember back form when BCV opened? Was there any discussion about a community hall?
Any reason given for not having one?

We purchased when it opened and there was no reason given and no discussion of it. I think they knew that BCV was going to be very popular no matter what and they were right.

We own at BWV too and love the Community Hall. We spend a lot of time there and it is too bad that there isn't something similar at the BCV.

HBC

ralphd said:
The BWV Community Hall is for the guests of BW.

I'm not looking to use it when I'm not staying there, I'm just wishing we had one at BCV.
If you read my original post you'll see I was a guest at BWV when I visited the community hall there.
Is there a problem with people crashing community hall?
I thought it was great, but I wouldn't trek over from another resort....
Tammy

I doubt anyone would, Tammy. I knew what you meant.

Ok don't want to start an arguement just need clarification with a reasonable response.

Does anyone think it's fair for BW Inn guests to use the BW Community Hall and yet BCV DVC members are not allowed to use or at least frowned upon.

Does VWL have one?

I don't believe I've ever seen a BWI guest using the BWV Community Hall.

bicker said:
I don't believe I've ever seen a BWI guest using the BWV Community Hall.

How would you know do they look different, ;)

I seen this dicussed on the Resorts forum so I wondered if they require DVC id?

I have seen BW resort guests in the Community Hall. I can only remember the CM's asking for ID when issuing the swim vests for children or issuing movies.

How would you know do they look different, ;)
They'd have to be invisible to qualify: I've never seen ANYONE in the Community Hall when we've been in there. The several times I've been in there, the only people who were there were CMs and my immediate family. :)

ralphd said:
The BWV Community Hall is for the guests of BW.
Seems to me we had this discussion about the time BCV was announced. I'm not sure I've even seen any even semi official indication from DVC of any restriction on member use of the community hall at any DVC resort. Common sense might suggest it should be for guests only or one could look at it like pool hoping or exercise room usage.

Sammie said:
Ok don't want to start an arguement just need clarification with a reasonable response.

Does anyone think it's fair for BW Inn guests to use the BW Community Hall and yet BCV DVC members are not allowed to use or at least frowned upon.

Does VWL have one?

VWL does not.
At BWV Community Hall, I don't recall seeing anything posted saying who may or may not use community hall when I was there (my one time). I also don't recall being told about it at check in or any of the BW paperwork that you recieve at check in explaining it. Other than it being identified on a map. I could be wrong...memory fades...Maybe you kinda have to know what it is and why you would want to go there...and maybe few non DVC members would...
Really I'm just guessing.
I still don't so much want to go to BWV community hall when I'm at BCV...I want our own community hall!
It's late for me, I sound like I'm whining. Sorry.
Tammy

Well, I did not know that the Community Hall's were for guests of the resorts only, I thought they were for DVC members usage while staying on points like most of our Perks. Never really gave it much thought at all.

I thought the reason BCV did not have a CH was because BW had one and it would be redundant to have another so close by.
The same way VWL invites its guest to visit FW to participate in organized activities. VWL does not have a CH either.

Unlike the pools, there are no exclusivity signs posted at the CH's. We spend ALOT of time at the CH's and the CM's only require resort keys to check out items and at BWV that is for DVD's and since BCV has their own DVD rental that is not an issue.

Most of the activities require a fee, and if you notice in all our recent publications, ALL Members are invited to SSR's CH to participate in the WDW Florist class given once weekly for a fee. That offer is again extended to ALL members at the weekly DVC MEMBER Updates at SSR. I went to the Member Update in January and many Members not staying at SSR, stuck around for the Florist class held immediately afterward at CH at DVC's request.

I honestly do not believe the CH's are for guests of the resort only, nor is it found anywhere in writing or implied, I believe they are a place for members to use during their DVC vacations, no matter what DVC they are staying at.

SSR and BWV and OKW have CH's and VWL and BCV do not.

LIFERBABE said:
[...]I thought the reason BCV did not have a CH was because BW had one and it would be redundant to have another so close by.
The same way VWL invites its guest to visit FW to participate in organized activities. VWL does not have a CH either. [...]
The same way that SSR doesn't have a lot of on-site restaurants because DTD is so close by.

;) ;) ;)

I just wanted to add.... Although VWL does not have a CH, the Cubs Den (kids' club) does offer crafts in the afternoons. I know the original post mentioned BC, but since VWL was mentioned, I just wanted to add my .02 :goodvibes

Sammie said:

Does VWL have one?
Community Hall is one of the common areas of the Boardwalk resort - My understanding is that the BWI and the BWV share the cost of maintaining and staffing the common areas. It is not just a DVC thing.

Best wishes -

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter