Wish ABD would do something like this...

Bobo912

DIS Veteran
I received an email with an interesting sale from Abercrombie & Kent. Thought I would pass it along.

Visit abercrombiekent.com on Thursday, December 10, to book select A&K journeys at a fraction of their normal price. Beginning at 9 a.m. CST and while availability lasts, prices will drop every 30 minutes until they reach a final savings of 60% off the original price.

Here is a link to the trips that are on sale:

http://www.abercrombiekent.com/travel_specials/once_in_a_lifetime/?utm_source=enews%2012%2F03%2F09&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Once%20in%20a%20Lifetime%20Savings&akcmp=EOLST09E

I'm on the A&K mailing list too and they've been offering a number of discounted trips. However, be aware that you may not get an A&K Tour Director, depending on the size of your group.

I wrote to them for clarification and this was their response:

Thank you for your inquiry. Exploring Ancient China is a group tour, so if we have 6 or more clients on the tour there will be a full tour director that will travel with the group for all sightseeing activities. If we get 5 or less the tour will still operate but with local guides only. The local guides will handle all the sightseeing.

So, there are definite advantages to going with AbD. I know that price and a guaranteed departure isn't two of them, but having those Adventure Guides are priceless!

I'm on the A&K mailing list too and they've been offering a number of discounted trips. However, be aware that you may not get an A&K Tour Director, depending on the size of your group.

I wrote to them for clarification and this was their response:

Thank you for your inquiry. Exploring Ancient China is a group tour, so if we have 6 or more clients on the tour there will be a full tour director that will travel with the group for all sightseeing activities. If we get 5 or less the tour will still operate but with local guides only. The local guides will handle all the sightseeing.

So, there are definite advantages to going with AbD. I know that price and a guaranteed departure isn't two of them, but having those Adventure Guides are priceless!

That's good to know. On the other hand, if ABD only have 5 people booked they would cancel the trip. I wouldn't book any of these A&K trips anyway since they are "family" trips and it's important for us to have other kids along. And without the hefty discount, they are too expensive for me.

One reason that they may be able to offer such a large discount is because their prices are so high. I don't think that I would ever book a trip (at that cost) and not have a tour director.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter