Wine Country Trattoria thoughts?

gottalovepluto

DIS Veteran
We tried this place about 6 years ago and had a horrible experience. I got sick & my other family members remember mediocre food (and we love Blue Bayou which many consider mediocre so we're not food snobs or anything) and horrible service. For us it makes the list of worst restaurants it was so bad. BUT, I've read great reviews over the last couple years here on the DIS. I'm thinking about floating the idea with my family that we give it another try but I wanted to solicit thoughts from people with recent-ish experience at WTC who I trust more than Yelp. Thoughts? Consider giving it another shot?

I had a similar experience as you, our food was horrible, although our service was ok, in fact, our server told me not to order the original item that I requested, he said it was terrible, and that most people send it back (lasagna I think). I cannot imagine what it must have tasted like given how bad our other food was. We went in 2015 so maybe it has gotten better more recently, but I am not likely to chance it.

We were just there last week. I've never been before so I have nothing to compare it to, but I actually really liked it (and I had the lasagna!). As far as I know my whole family enjoyed what they had to eat. And we shared a delicious bottle (OK, 2) of pinot noir.

We did the WOC dining package. We all had the Italian wedding soup to start because it was chilly out--it was really good! I forget what I ordered for dessert but it was nice too.

Service was just so-so.

I had a similar experience as you, our food was horrible, although our service was ok, in fact, our server told me not to order the original item that I requested, he said it was terrible, and that most people send it back (lasagna I think). I cannot imagine what it must have tasted like given how bad our other food was. We went in 2015 so maybe it has gotten better more recently, but I am not likely to chance it.

Same here. But it's been about 10 years. Food was so awful, we never went back. Now, 10 years is a long time, so I've been thinking we should try it again. But it was so bad...

Food was meh for the price. I haven’t been in 3.5 years. Maybe longer; it was between April-June 2014. I’m not sure which month we went that year. Also didn’t like the lack of peskitarian/ovo-lacto vegetarian options. I only had 1 option. It said spicy in the title and was bland.

Eta I’m nOt sure how you ruin Italian food.

I love BB and have had great meals the last 2 years.

If you want to try for the WOC i’d do the dessert option.

We had dinner there a few years ago. It was good (I had a gluten free option), but in our opinion not really worth the price. Now, the wine on the other hand, was delicious and well worth what we paid for it!

Yep, it’s terrible, you guys should all stay away
It’s one of our favorites, someplace we eat at every trip. The relaxing atmosphere and drinks alone are worth it to me but as I said you all should stay away!

I would give it another chance...like you, my family's first experience (September 2013) was not very good (the food was okay, but nothing outstanding, the service was slow, and they significant issues getting an allergy-concern correct). We went back more recently (December 2016 and March and August 2017) and were pleasantly surprised that the food quality and service had both improved. While it's not necessarily one of my "go to" places at DLR, it's not one that I am avoiding any longer either.

Food is really just ok. But their house Chianti is really pretty good. Go for the wine.

We love it there! Lasagna and shrimp scampi pasta are our favorites. Never gotten sick, always have good service and always enjoy the food!

I haven't gotten sick there, but it's always kind of a meh place for me. Not terrible, but I don't leave thinking I got a great meal for what I paid. I think a good compromise is Alfresco Tasting Terrace for some wine and appetizers!

My wife and I have eaten there a couple of times now and had an outstanding experience both times. The food digested well too and we were not affected in any way whatsoever.

We will be eating there again and may also try Blue Bayou if the prices there are similar.

I ate there for the first time this past December. We did have a large group (11), but the service was slow and the food was mediocre. I ordered the lasagna. It tasted fine but it was luke warm, I had waited so long for my meal that I didn't bother to send it back. My Uncle and Cousins meals came out about 10 minutes after everyone elses. We wont be going back there again.

I'm with the "meh" camp. Went once (did the WoC package), the food was ok, service was not great, where we sat was/felt odd (high half-walls blocking the outside). Not interested enough to give it another chance unless someone in our party requests it.

We enjoy it - we've done both the WOC package and general dining, and we do tend to visit it at least once a trip if we're there for a few days. We really enjoyed sitting out on the patio as the parade went by, but that's not going to happen any more, I guess (though I don't know what the route for PtN is going to look like).

Huh, weird. We liked it, even ten years ago.

I don't think it can be compared to Blue Bayou, personally. They are totally different. So I think that is an unfair comparison, and if you go in thinking "Blue Bayou" then you probably are going to be disappointed.

I think of it as park food... comparable to say, Boardwalk Pizza and Pasta, or maybe even Cafe Orleans. Yes it is sit down service, instead of the counter service, but the food is the same.... with the added bonus of wine :)

So for us, we found it lovely. The food was good. We have never been sick. It is usually a place we like to stop if we want a cold glass of wine or a beer and a shady spot to sit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter