Wine and Dine, would love opinions

pixeemom

DIS Veteran
this is a cross post so if your on FB you might have seen this question.
would love to hear from people who have ran this race before, I am hemming and hawwing over registering because I am not hearing such good things, so looking for opinions/thoughts/ etc.
I was going solo but i think i found a friend willing to come with me for the weekend, she's not a runner she will just keep me company on the park days etc.
TIA
Danielle

I ran it last year and found it to be fun as well as both my brothers who enjoyed it. A lot of people didn't like the course but it wasn't terrible. We got 2 parks, AK & EP, the same amount of park time as Princess & Jan half except it was AK instead of MK. Plenty of characters were out. They seem to like using the big screen projectors now as entertainment on course. I will admit having a Dr. STrange wrapped Disney bus on course wasn't really entertainment but it was something. I liked running by the horticulture area after AK as well. The course may very well change this year however. If you read on the Wine & Dine 2016 thread here there's lots of discussion on it as well as in the new Wine & Dine 2017 thread. The after party wasn't my cup of tea since I was exhausted. I never did the night version so can't compare to what it was before.

I ran it last year and found it to be fun as well as both my brothers who enjoyed it. A lot of people didn't like the course but it wasn't terrible. We got 2 parks, AK & EP, the same amount of park time as Princess & Jan half except it was AK instead of MK. Plenty of characters were out. They seem to like using the big screen projectors now as entertainment on course. I will admit having a Dr. STrange wrapped Disney bus on course wasn't really entertainment but it was something. I liked running by the horticulture area after AK as well. The course may very well change this year however. If you read on the Wine & Dine 2016 thread here there's lots of discussion on it as well as in the new Wine & Dine 2017 thread. The after party wasn't my cup of tea since I was exhausted. I never did the night version so can't compare to what it was before.
AWESOME THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE REVIEW!!! I found the thread right after I posted my question lol so i am reading through the thread now, thanks again

I ran it in 2016.....its a one and done for me, since they changed the course, and its no longer a night race, to me it felt almost like a cookie cutter of every other run disney 10k/half (I did the lumiere's challenge). there was a huge merchandise foo-pah as well. I was also slightly disappointed with the lack of characters out. but thats my .02

This was my favorite race when it debuted. I love Epcot, F&W, do 99% of my running in the evening or at night, and love night time parties in the parks. Sadly the race has gone down hill in my opinion. You had a few weather challenges that were outside of Disney's control and then it because a morning race. I am hoping once the construction at DHS is done it moves back to it's night slot.

Selfishly I say don't do it because low numbers may move it back to the original format sooner but in reality it isn't any "worse" than the other races on property. If the timing, theme, or allowing you to also hit F&W interest you sign up and do it.

This was my favorite race when it debuted. I love Epcot, F&W, do 99% of my running in the evening or at night, and love night time parties in the parks. Sadly the race has gone down hill in my opinion. You had a few weather challenges that were outside of Disney's control and then it because a morning race. I am hoping once the construction at DHS is done it moves back to it's night slot.

Selfishly I say don't do it because low numbers may move it back to the original format sooner but in reality it isn't any "worse" than the other races on property. If the timing, theme, or allowing you to also hit F&W interest you sign up and do it.
;) thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter