Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend 2022 (Nov. 3-6, 2022)

My VQ merch experience: We entered the VQ at 12:45 pm at MCO and were group 109 with a 110 minute estimated wait. I noticed at about 2 pm that our group had been called. We entered the merch building at about 2:40 pm. There was a few minute wait to get the VQ code scanned to enter the building. The line moved slow since CMs were explaining to several groups about needing a VQ code to enter the building. They were turning people away.

All merch seemed well stocked, except general RunDisney merch, which was quite picked over.

We stood in line about 30 mins to meet Genie. When we exited at 4 pm, they were letting everyone enter the building.

Bus vs car question: We are staying at Saratoga Springs, first time. Will also have a car for the first time. Should I take the car or bus? WWYD? For 10k and HM

I'm on the plane (thanks $5 delta wifi) and I just have to say:

How lucky are we to participate in such a fun race with an even better community? I know it isn't cheap (far, far from it!) and I know it takes so much time and planning and effort for each of us to patriciate in these races, but I've done many other races and nothing compares. Not even close. I'm so grateful for these races and this community. Let's enjoy it this weekend! Here's to runD season 2022-23!

I had a great experience with the merch VQ this morning. I really enjoyed knowing approximately when we were going to be let in. It allowed my DH and me to have a nice run this morning, then breakfast, check out from hotel (switched resorts today) and then off to expo. The morning was so much nicer than standing in line for 2+ hours. I saw fewer gigantic bags leaving which to me was a good sign fewer resellers were there. The merch was well stocked and it was overall calmer. As unpopular as this will be, I think it was a positive move.

Bus 2 from pop
50 min wait for Migel capped line maybe a dozen people after us
Decided to split up and go where I was seeded (b) instead of with sister in c

A little disappointed with the on-course characters. Olaf, Duffy (I think that’s the bear from Tokyo Disney, right?), Remy and Emile, and Caballero Donald (the only one I stopped for).

So I just ran fast and now I’m waiting for post-race characters.

A little disappointed with the on-course characters. Olaf, Duffy (I think that’s the bear from Tokyo Disney, right?), Remy and Emile, and Caballero Donald (the only one I stopped for).

So I just ran fast and now I’m waiting for post-race characters.
I didn't stop for any of them. Lines were long and nobody was a must see for me.

Got all the pre/post characters except Miguel. Just did not feel like waiting in that line. Everybody wanted that picture due to the race connection.

I had to get Mirabel so my daughter would be crazy jealous.

I didn't stop for any of them. Lines were long and nobody was a must see for me.

Got all the pre/post characters except Miguel. Just did not feel like waiting in that line. Everybody wanted that picture due to the race connection.

I had to get Mirabel so my daughter would be crazy jealous.
I was ready for a short break by the time I got to Donald and it only took 8 minutes (and 5 seconds) to get through the line (according to the difference between my moving time and total time)

Oof, I wish someone would tell Mirabel less chat with people coming up for pictures. This line is sloooooooow. Then again, I'm not a character interaction person in general, I just want to get my photo and move on.
Seriously!! I’ve been in line for more than a half hour and I’ve only just come to the last section of the queue

Correction, I’m in the second-to-last section of the queue, and Mirabel will be taking a break soon 😭😭

Last edited:
@XoxoAmy if you go to the Expo today could you give me a shoutout if there are any of the glittery spirit jerseys left? I think I wanna go back to buy one.

They're just so shiny ✨

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter