Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend 2022 (Nov. 3-6, 2022)

Is the "I Did It!" plastered on many of the shirts and pins popular? I very much dislike it, but perhaps I am in a very small minority.
It’s apparently popular with the graphic designers rD hires 🙄

I don’t mind it if it’s on a magnet or something else I can choose to buy after I have, in fact, done the thing it says I did, but I don’t want it on the medals or the official race shirts

Not my photo. Got this from someone who got it from someone.

View attachment 714571
Thanks for the shirt pic!! I like them.
Am I the only one who thinks it's weird that the half has a Soul theme for shirts and medals, but the actual race theming is "13.1-mile course that celebrates the music and magic of the United States of America." I guess that tracks (Soul/Jazz/USA), but I was expecting more red, white and blue on the shirt (but also not complaining! I like the black!)

So, I had a really scary moment today. I'm in full taper mode, and went out for an easy 4 miles this morning. 1/2 mile in I tripped and fell hard on asphalt, and really tore up my hands. They are fully wrapped in ace bandages now, and I have no idea when I can shower next or even wash my face without searing pain because water hurts so much. Hands are really important y'all!

But the scary part was that I banged my knee when I fell, and I was terrified when I was limping home. I iced it all morning, and miraculously it seems fine. I will stay off it until maybe Sunday when I'm supposed to run 5. But taking it easy this week for sure. I can't miss these races!!

Be careful out there people!!

Thanks for the shirt pic!! I like them.
Am I the only one who thinks it's weird that the half has a Soul theme for shirts and medals, but the actual race theming is "13.1-mile course that celebrates the music and magic of the United States of America." I guess that tracks (Soul/Jazz/USA), but I was expecting more red, white and blue on the shirt (but also not complaining! I like the black!)
Yeah the early description of the half sounded a lot different from what it ended up being.

Add me to the big no on the "I did it" items. Looking at the merchandise preview, I may not be spending much money. Of course there may not be much merchandise left by the time we get there anyway! :teeth: I do really like the race shirts though, so that's good!

I emailed RunDisney around 9:00 this morning. Got a response around 4:00 with the list of information they needed from me. I've already sent the information twice. :headache: I resent it once again. I'm sure no one will see it until Monday. We leave Monday for our trip. Oh well. It will get sorted out eventually, I hope.

This may be the same as in previous years, but I like that there is an "extra" group between 2:30 and 3:00. Most HMs have 2:30, 2:45, and 3:00, while I like to do rD races at about 2:35-2:40. I'll probably start with the 2:40 group and try to beat them by a few minutes in the later miles.

Disney is one of the few races that I like pace groups, as they give me a visible target to catch back up to if I stop for pics or shenanigans,

I think the "I Did It" t-shirt for purchase (not as the included race shirt) is traditional, they've had them about as long as I've been doing Disney races (before runDisney was runDisney). I like that they continue that tradition.

Long ago they'd sell a Champion-brand "I Did It" t-shirt featuring a cool graphic of the race course map on the back of the shirt. Those were my favorite.

I don't like "I Did It" on the medals and mileage magnets, though! And it certainly doesn't need to be the most prominent feature of the finisher tshirt.

Unrelated, but I am VERY HAPPY to see they brought back some raglan-cut sleeves on the I Did It shirts, now they need to do the same on the official race shirts!! Raglan cut is better for running/ease-of-movement and often fits better for women and people with athletic builds (like runners!). Disney cheaped out big time when they changed their shirt cuts several years back so this is a change back for the better that I hope is expanded. (I rarely wear my new, cheaper runDisney shirts but my old raglan-cut Champions still get heavy use!)

So, I had a really scary moment today. I'm in full taper mode, and went out for an easy 4 miles this morning. 1/2 mile in I tripped and fell hard on asphalt, and really tore up my hands. They are fully wrapped in ace bandages now, and I have no idea when I can shower next or even wash my face without searing pain because water hurts so much. Hands are really important y'all!

But the scary part was that I banged my knee when I fell, and I was terrified when I was limping home. I iced it all morning, and miraculously it seems fine. I will stay off it until maybe Sunday when I'm supposed to run 5. But taking it easy this week for sure. I can't miss these races!!

Be careful out there people!!
I had this happen many moons ago, so I’m here to give you some hope & encouragement! I kept my hands covered in antibiotic ointment and nonstick gauze pads for several days and they healed pretty quickly - keep the ointment and gauze on when you shower - it’ll get soggy and need to be changed after, but it will help take away some of the sting from the water. You’ve got this!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter