Wine and Dine 2015

I will be there! WOOO! I have done so many runDisney races and challenges (including Coast to Coast and Dopey!) but this will be my first Wine & Dine! So excited to see a different half course! I have done the Princess 5 times and the Donald 3 times. So I am really ready for a new course!
I really like the variety of the W&D course. Having done Princess previously and donald this past January the course is pretty much the same. Throwing in AK and DHS is nice.

Anyone who has done the W&D in previous years - what's the cab situation like after the party ends? We're planning to stay at my parents' house about 10-15 minutes away, but since they'll be asleep, I want to make sure we can get a ride home ... otherwise, I "guess" I'll just have to make on-site arrangements. ;)
I saw cabs sitting outside of Epcot when we caught the bus to our resort around 3am. And Uber has a fairly strong presence at WDW.

DW and I are planning on doing the 1/2 together. To date, neither of us has done a 1/2, but I hope to get in 1-2 prior to W&D. Most likely it will be DW's first. I presume we can't book a resort through runDisney until after we have officially entered the race?

DW and I are planning on doing the 1/2 together. To date, neither of us has done a 1/2, but I hope to get in 1-2 prior to W&D. Most likely it will be DW's first. I presume we can't book a resort through runDisney until after we have officially entered the race?
You can book whenever you want. General/AP discounts are normally better than whatever runDisney puts out.

From the active link that showed up today:

Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon
  • $190.00 on or before March 31, 2015
  • $205.00 between April 1, 2015 – April 14, 2015
  • $220.00 on or after April 15, 2015
    Mickey's Jingle Jungle 5K
  • $65.00 on or before April 14, 2015
  • $75.00 on or after April 15, 2015
    runDisney Kids Races Registration Fee
    runDisney Kids Races - Dashes:
  • $15.00 on or before April 14, 2015
  • $20.00 on or after April 15, 2015

runDisney Kids Races - 1-Mile Run:
  • $30.00 on or before April 14, 2015
  • $35.00 on or after April 15, 2015

I'm hoping to do this one too :) Tower of Terror last year was my first Run Disney event. I know there's a deadline for when you have to submit proof of time by but it there a limit as to how long ago the proof of time race was? I did a local half last November, can that still be used for my proof of time or does it have to be something closer to the race?

good luck to you guys on registration day... I may live vicariously through you to gauge how fast things go in preps for marathon weekend registration in april

I'm hoping to do this one too :) Tower of Terror last year was my first Run Disney event. I know there's a deadline for when you have to submit proof of time by but it there a limit as to how long ago the proof of time race was? I did a local half last November, can that still be used for my proof of time or does it have to be something closer to the race?

I would imagine you could use that one or if you think you might get a better time in another race before the deadline maybe wait till then

Here's what they have for the proof of time dates for Wine and Dine. Looks like a November 2014 time would be fine to use. I'm planning to use one from October 2014 for now unless I manage to improve on that before the August cut off.

Proof of Time
If you believe you will finish the Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon in less than 3:15 hours, proof of time is required for start corral placement. Proof of time is not required for the 5K race.

• Proof of time must be provided from a certified race—10K or longer—and must be from a race after November 1, 2013.
  • A valid proof of time provided at the time of registration must include the following*:
    • Name of Race
    • Year
    • Distance
    • Time finished
    • City
    • State
    • Date

*For example, 2013 Walt Disney World® Marathon - 3:35 OR 2013 Disneyland® Half Marathon - 2:25

• If you do not have a proof of time to submit, list "N/A" at the point of registration.
  • If proof of time is not provided by August 4, 2015, data provided is incomplete or cannot be verified, you will be placed in the last start corral.
  • No corral changes will be made after August 4,2015.
  • As a reminder, you will no longer be able to bring proof of your estimated finish time to the Runner Relations booth during the Expo and have your start corral placement changed.
  • For any questions regarding proof of time, please email disneysports@trackshack.com.

I have never registered for a race before. As a matter of fact, the Jingle Jungle 5K will be my first race ever! If my husband and I both wanted to register for the 5K, do we have to have separate active.com accounts to do so? Or can I sign up 2 people under my account?
Thanks in advance for any help!

I have never registered for a race before. As a matter of fact, the Jingle Jungle 5K will be my first race ever! If my husband and I both wanted to register for the 5K, do we have to have separate active.com accounts to do so? Or can I sign up 2 people under my account?
Thanks in advance for any help!

You can sign up 2 people under the same account. After you complete the first registration I think it asks if you want to do another registration and then you just do it again with your husband's info.

Hi, everyone!

I'm joining in with you all! This will be my second Wine and Dine after finishing it in 2013.

I'm excited to start the countdown and to chat with others as we get ready for it!

Thanks for the Proof of Time information, Zelly and Neoflynn! I appreciate that. I'm doing a local half at the end of March but my training hasn't been as smooth this time so I'm not sure if it will be a better time than last year's race.

From the active link that showed up today:

Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon
  • $190.00 on or before March 31, 2015
  • $205.00 between April 1, 2015 – April 14, 2015
  • $220.00 on or after April 15, 2015
    Mickey's Jingle Jungle 5K
  • $65.00 on or before April 14, 2015
  • $75.00 on or after April 15, 2015
    runDisney Kids Races Registration Fee
    runDisney Kids Races - Dashes:
  • $15.00 on or before April 14, 2015
  • $20.00 on or after April 15, 2015

runDisney Kids Races - 1-Mile Run:
  • $30.00 on or before April 14, 2015
  • $35.00 on or after April 15, 2015
Disney is missing out. lol. With the speed at which every race sells out, they could make a lot of money by upping the fee by hours instead of weeks.

good luck to you guys on registration day... I may live vicariously through you to gauge how fast things go in preps for marathon weekend registration in april
Last year Dopey sold out in a matter of hours. Followed by Goofy, Full, & then the Half. I was sitting at my computer ready to go and kept hitting refresh until the link showed up. Good luck.

I was already planning a trip for this year's Food & Wine, and we just decided to move our dates a week so we can both do the 5k! This will be our first race ever, and I'm really excited about it. Now I just need to figure out if we're going to do the rest of the trip before or after. We love Animal Kingdom, so I think it will be really fun to run through!

Gah! To do the 5k or not to do the 5k?? Someone make the decision for me! Husband will be working, so it gives me something to do on that Saturday!

Gah! To do the 5k or not to do the 5k?? Someone make the decision for me! Husband will be working, so it gives me something to do on that Saturday!

Do it...you will most likely regret it later if you don't

Do it...you will most likely regret it later if you don't

You're definitely right! Hopefully, by this point, I'll be well into conditioning for the full so doing both races and the party that night will be a piece of cake!

You're definitely right! Hopefully, by this point, I'll be well into conditioning for the full so doing both races and the party that night will be a piece of cake!
If you're training for the 2016 Full, and following any number of training programs including Galloway, you'll be running at least 13 miles every other weekend starting late September, and at least a 5K 3-4 times a week for conditioning. By November you'll be up into the upper teens for distance on weekends. The 1/2 plus 5K will feel like an easy training week. Sounds crazy. It did to me last year training for Dopey.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter