Will you attend your local Renaissance Fair this Summer or skip it due to COVID-19 worries?

I think ours is usually in May so I don't think they even had it this year. I wouldn't have went anyway, I never cared for it. :confused3

Ours was in February and didn't happen. I teach world history at a high school and have taken my kids in the past. We will see if I'm allowed to take them next year!

We don't have a local Renaissance fair. As for going to events, we'll see how the virus does. We're just planning on not doing group events until next year. Nothing worth going to that is worth even the tiniest risk of getting sick.
We are big State Fair fans, and it is here. Canceled last year. This year they have announced they have "delayed" it a few months at best. I suspect it won't happen.

Last edited:
The big one here in NC is in November. We have been here almost 19 years and have never gone. It is stupid expensive.

Love the Faire, although I like the PA one better than NY. We’ll go towards the end of the season in October. Cooler and maybe my 9yo will be vaccinated by then.

The closest Renaissance Fair is a couple hours away from us so we have only gone once. If it were closer, we would definitely go. Our county fair is in July and it is happening this year and we will definitely go.

I plan on going, we had bought tickets way back in 2019 because they were running a special at Christmas for the 2020 season for the one we go to in Tuxedo, NY.

I'm delighted that they're open, it's all outside, and we've been fully vaccinated, so I have no issues with going!

Haven't been to one since I was a kid. Kind of forgot about it. Would be a great day with the kids if it wouldn't cost me $120 just to get in. Then apparently I'm suppose to tip everyone per a post above which I'd never heard of tipping at these things. Plus probably another $150 for food for the day. It's way out of my pay scale.

I am hoping to go to the one in NY in September- not sure I will go if they require you wear a mask though, I don't want to be out in the fresh air in the heat and have to wear a mask all day long.

Haven't been to one since I was a kid. Kind of forgot about it. Would be a great day with the kids if it wouldn't cost me $120 just to get in. Then apparently I'm suppose to tip everyone per a post above which I'd never heard of tipping at these things. Plus probably another $150 for food for the day. It's way out of my pay scale.
Most tickets in the country have discounts for tickets available (like early bird specials/kids ticket free weekends). Also some people (me included) bring their own food. My family brings a cooler with our lunch that stays cold in our car. The day tickets you buy usually allow you to leave and come back the same day, the staff usually stamps your hand so you can return (you just have to go through the security check point). Most shows and events at the fairs I go to are free with your ticket. Games, rides, and souvenirs cost money. It can be a really affordable day out, you just have to plan it out like you would for Disney. Also schedules for events are usually published on a fairs website (especially for themed weekends that could have discounts/specials). On the tipping, it’s not obligated and no one judges anyone who doesn’t. The only time I tip there and give a dollar to the food vendors is when my food comes out incredibly fast (they shout “Huzzah to the tipper” when you do). 🤷‍♂️

Been to ours once here in Georgia years ago. Probably wont go back unless they move it to the fall. Too friggin hot to go when they have it now (april through June)

Been to ours once here in Georgia years ago. Probably wont go back unless they move it to the fall. Too friggin hot to go when they have it now (april through June)
The Carolina one is in the Fall so I’m surprised that Georgia’s is not as well. :scratchin

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter