Will WDW lose a little magic?

mawatcha

Mouseketeer
I had a little trouble coming up with the thread title.

Walt Disney World has always been my favorite vacation destination because it is an escape from reality. I am appreciative of some things that some people may not be too fussed about; the landscaping, garbage cans every few feet, relatively little traffic (in some areas), its (in my opinion), somewhat utopian feel.

It is a magical place for me because it offers all the excitement you could want (parks), along with enough quiet spaces (be it in the hotel resorts, gardens, etc.) to make it feel like you're having a relaxing break.

I feel that with some additions coming to Walt Disney World, crowds will fill the resort even more, and with that we will see more anger, frustration, and less tranquility. I love going to WDW and seeing this immense space, quite a bit of which is still untouched. I fear that it will get to a point where construction just takes over, and everything may take on that DLR resort feel, where everything is landlocked.

I don't want to sound like I am against the additions, because I am very excited about a lot of them, and know a lot are necessary. I just do fear that some magic will be lost.

Looking forward to any thoughts you have!

I had a little trouble coming up with the thread title.

Walt Disney World has always been my favorite vacation destination because it is an escape from reality. I am appreciative of some things that some people may not be too fussed about; the landscaping, garbage cans every few feet, relatively little traffic (in some areas), its (in my opinion), somewhat utopian feel.

It is a magical place for me because it offers all the excitement you could want (parks), along with enough quiet spaces (be it in the hotel resorts, gardens, etc.) to make it feel like you're having a relaxing break.

I feel that with some additions coming to Walt Disney World, crowds will fill the resort even more, and with that we will see more anger, frustration, and less tranquility. I love going to WDW and seeing this immense space, quite a bit of which is still untouched. I fear that it will get to a point where construction just takes over, and everything may take on that DLR resort feel, where everything is landlocked.

I don't want to sound like I am against the additions, because I am very excited about a lot of them, and know a lot are necessary. I just do fear that some magic will be lost.

Looking forward to any thoughts you have!
What additions do you mean? There is still a ton of landscaping and space between different parts of WDW. I can't think of anything that would take that away.

I love going to WDW and seeing this immense space, quite a bit of which is still untouched. I fear that it will get to a point where construction just takes over, and everything may take on that DLR resort feel, where everything is landlocked.

Sorry, but that won't be possible.

WDW is always in a state of change, some times more than others. Old attractions are swept away and new ones take their place and so on and so forth and I think it'll be like that as long as the parks exist. We're just looking at a period of some heavy construction, the results of which will be excellent and exciting.

In short, unless all of WDW fundamentally alters the way it operates the magic will not be lost. Everything else is just business as usual.

I think some of the added space and attractions will take care of that congested, irritated and angry feeling as it currently stands.

The parks are crowded now, IMO the additions will be a welcome relief.

Construction for the next while may diminish some of the Magic but WDW will never be landlocked. Not possible.

pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter