• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Will UK guests be getting magic bands?

It's android (Galaxy S2). But I shall follow the link and see what happens -thanks!! :thumbsup2

Our reference number isn't alphanumeric, it's just a 6 digit number.

It just says:
The information provided does not match our records. Please try again or call (407) W-DISNEY or (407) 934-7639. For group reservations, please call (407) 939-4686. If you are under 18 years of age, you must have your parent or guardian's permission to dial this number.

I'll try again once we've paid the final balance, as we'll have a confirmation number then.

It just says:
The information provided does not match our records. Please try again or call (407) W-DISNEY or (407) 934-7639. For group reservations, please call (407) 939-4686. If you are under 18 years of age, you must have your parent or guardian's permission to dial this number.

I'll try again once we've paid the final balance, as we'll have a confirmation number then.

Who did you book through? I never pay the balance before it's due, even if I have it and have always been able to view my booking through there. I am trying to remember the correct options you have to select if you book through an agent (UK Disney Travel Company actually checks as a travel agent category on there as it's not through the US CRO office)

Still trying to get my ahead around this, so sorry if I go over old ground. So, if I buy an ultimate ticket from a UK vendor, am I eligible for FP+? And if so, how? Do I need to pay for it? (I assume I do).

I have the MDE app and I have an account. I'm unable to link my reservation to CSR at the moment as it doesn't recognise the number I put it - but I'm assuming this is because we have only paid the deposit so far, not the final balance (I'm guessing we'll get a confirmation number then, as opposed to a reference number).

I am not sure when you are travelling so this info is a bit general.

At the moment FP+ is in testing. To be eligible to join the test and have access to FP+ you need to staying at a participating resort. Up to 31 October CSR is not included. As yet nothing has been announced for 1 November onwards.

FP+ is free to use (at the moment although there are no plans to charge who knows what will happen in the future ;) )

If CSR is in testing or rollout happens before travel to book FP+ you will need to have your resort reservation linked plus valid tickets.

Regarding getting your CSR booking linked you need to request your Disney reservation number from whoever you booked with. In most cases this is a 12 digit number. If you booked with Disney UK it will be 3 letters followed by 5 numbers.

We've booked for end of July 2014, and booked directly through Disney UK. I only have a 6 digit reference number on my invoice.

We've booked for end of July 2014, and booked directly through Disney UK. I only have a 6 digit reference number on my invoice.

Did you have have tickets as part of your package to get free dining?

Anyway call WDTC UK and they will give you the US reference that you will need for linking on MDE.

After reading this thread...

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3155086

I went through the WDW website and input my reference number from my WDW email and my booking came up on MDE there with a new reference number. After it showed on the website I then checked my MDE app on ipad and android phone and the booking is there.

Try that but it didn't work for someone else.

Elise79 said:
Did you have have tickets as part of your package to get free dining?

Anyway call WDTC UK and they will give you the US reference that you will need for linking on MDE.

No, we have only booked the room.

We've only booked for 4 nights, then moving onto a villa. I spoke to Disney about attaching tickets to our room key when I first booked, but they said they can only do that (and dining plans I assume) if you stay for a minimum of 5 nights.

We've only booked for 4 nights, then moving onto a villa. I spoke to Disney about attaching tickets to our room key when I first booked, but they said they can only do that (and dining plans I assume) if you stay for a minimum of 5 nights.

Might be worth doing some maths - to see if the free dining would save you anything if you had to pay for an extra night. Plus you would qualify for a $100 gift card.

Otherwise as you have a room only booking I would be temped to keep an eye on the US offers as you may be able to get a better price. They are released a lot closer to travel (around 3 months out) so it mean waiting to see.

What exactly is it I should try and get a good deal on, may I ask? My original comment just said that I couldn't link my reservation on MDE.

BlueGiraffe said:
I'm unable to link my reservation to CSR at the moment as it doesn't recognise the number I put in.

I emailed Disney lastnight and explained the problem. They replied today with an alphanumeric confirmation code and now it's linked - yaay!!

What exactly is it I should try and get a good deal on, may I ask? My original comment just said that I couldn't link my reservation on MDE.

I was just suggesting ways you may be able to get your stay for less and save some money or get extra spends :goodvibes

Elise79 said:
I was just suggesting ways you may be able to get your stay for less and save some money or get extra spends :goodvibes

Ahh, I see. Sorry, I got confused there. I don't really mind not having dining plans or anything as we'll just make reservations for the restaurants we want and then wing it after that. We're only st CSR for 4 nights anyway, and the rest of the time at the villa. I'm still not really sure how the whole dining credits work anyway lol.

One day though I'd love to do the whole thing: fortnight in a resort, tickets (or should I say magic bands) attached to the room key, dining plan and everything!!

Rung today, and was given another number to call (0800 1690 749) and was told categorically that as I have 14 day ultimate tickets, these aren't "Disney" tickets but "Disney UK" tickets. So the only way to link them to our Magic bands is when we have them in hand once we are over there.

At the end of the day it's no biggie, as we've been around this time before and even in busier times, and always got along fine with the standard fastpass system. So the fastpass+ is just a nice benefit that we will sort out when there!

I'm not planning out every day and which park is which day anyway, so I think we'll be fine doing it when we're there!:goodvibes

Pete

Just-Pete said:
Rung today, and was given another number to call (0800 1690 749) and was told categorically that as I have 14 day ultimate tickets, these aren't "Disney" tickets but "Disney UK" tickets. So the only way to link them to our Magic bands is when we have them in hand once we are over there.

At the end of the day it's no biggie, as we've been around this time before and even in busier times, and always got along fine with the standard fastpass system. So the fastpass+ is just a nice benefit that we will sort out when there!

I'm not planning out every day and which park is which day anyway, so I think we'll be fine doing it when we're there!:goodvibes

Pete

Thanks for that Pete, that's good to know. It's a shame though.

Thanks for that Pete, that's good to know. It's a shame though.

Others should still try? I'm not convinced, I'm sure I read some posts saying there is a way of doing it. But I think it hinges on who takes your call and if that particular person has the knowledge to do it? Something to do with going into your UK booking and finding the US reservation number somewhere within it?

Either way, I've tried now, and will just sort it out on arrival. I may head to a park or the TTA the evening we arrive, or maybe wait till the next day when we've slept? But to be honest I'm a geek, and the Magic bands excite me, so I'll probably want to set them up as soon as I'm there!!!

Just wanted to chime in on this one so I can share my excitement too!

We're off on 29th October, I have been checking my MDE for weeks because for some reason I can't do online check in and I keep trying every day because I'm a glutton for punishment :rotfl2:

When I signed in today, I was able to make FP+ selections which I couldn't do before. So I went through and booked all of those and then it came up "customize your magic band". Now, according to everything I've read, they are not testing at our resort (SSR) so I was kinda resigned to the fact that we wouldn't get the bands, but we have!! :banana:

It is looking to me like it is starting to roll out!!!

MrRomance said:
Just wanted to chime in on this one so I can share my excitement too!

We're off on 29th October, I have been checking my MDE for weeks because for some reason I can't do online check in and I keep trying every day because I'm a glutton for punishment :rotfl2:

When I signed in today, I was able to make FP+ selections which I couldn't do before. So I went through and booked all of those and then it came up "customize your magic band". Now, according to everything I've read, they are not testing at our resort (SSR) so I was kinda resigned to the fact that we wouldn't get the bands, but we have!! :banana:

It is looking to me like it is starting to roll out!!!

I read in another thread that SSR had them now...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter