Will treasure prices go down?

I think some are reading the question as whether future sailings of the Treasure (not yet listed) will come down in price - is there a premium right now for all the sailings while it's brand new (that's how I was reading it) and some are reading the question whether sailings already released will drop in price. The 2nd question's been answered pretty fully.

As to the first, I'm not sure they will come down much, if at all. A few reasons:

I think in any case, even if inflated because of the new ship, if any adjustment is to be had once the novelty of a brand new ship wears off (since it will be followed before long by the Destiny), I think the adjustment likely comes in the form of prices on other ships rising faster than Treasure. So, in other words, while prices go up annually across the fleet, the Treasure's increase might be slower than the others.

Another big reason I think it won't see much of a change - I don't think it's nearly as inflated as it seems. The Wish was a big difference over the other ships. The Treasure's not quite as bad, if you compare it to the Fantasy since it's taking over those itineraries. In comparing 2024 sailings on Fantasy to 2025 on Treasure, from what I found, it looks like it's maybe a 10% increase, but not even clear if it's that much. We're sailing on the Fantasy Western this August. We have a category 4E, and there aren't many of those on Treasure, so can't compare directly, but a Category 5 aft balcony (what we have) is only $300 more. When itineraries for the spring were released in the fall, compared Easter week sailings for 2025 to Easter week on Fantasy - again not a huge difference

I think some are reading the question as whether future sailings of the Treasure (not yet listed) will come down in price - is there a premium right now for all the sailings while it's brand new (that's how I was reading it) and some are reading the question whether sailings already released will drop in price. The 2nd question's been answered pretty fully.

As to the first, I'm not sure they will come down much, if at all. A few reasons:

I think in any case, even if inflated because of the new ship, if any adjustment is to be had once the novelty of a brand new ship wears off (since it will be followed before long by the Destiny), I think the adjustment likely comes in the form of prices on other ships rising faster than Treasure. So, in other words, while prices go up annually across the fleet, the Treasure's increase might be slower than the others.

Another big reason I think it won't see much of a change - I don't think it's nearly as inflated as it seems. The Wish was a big difference over the other ships. The Treasure's not quite as bad, if you compare it to the Fantasy since it's taking over those itineraries. In comparing 2024 sailings on Fantasy to 2025 on Treasure, from what I found, it looks like it's maybe a 10% increase, but not even clear if it's that much. We're sailing on the Fantasy Western this August. We have a category 4E, and there aren't many of those on Treasure, so can't compare directly, but a Category 5 aft balcony (what we have) is only $300 more. When itineraries for the spring were released in the fall, compared Easter week sailings for 2025 to Easter week on Fantasy - again not a huge difference
Yes this is what I’ve noticed about the posts. I meant whether cruises released in the future might be a bit cheaper.

Agree 💯 The 7 night fantasy August 31-September 7 this year in a 4C is only about $450 less than what we’re paying for the same category on the treasure next year the same week. I realize opening day prices on the fantasy were probably a little cheaper but in general the price difference isn’t that big. We sailed concierge on the Wish Labor Day 2022 on a 4 night and paid only $5600 for our family of 4. The same cruise in 2025 is $7900. I just don’t see DCL ever actually lowering their list prices. They will fill their ships by offering guarantee restricted rates as they feel necessary.

Hi there!

I’m trying to decide between a Disney wish or treasure cruise in 2025 and am looking at September for the significantly lower prices (on the treasure anyways). I’m torn because I really want to go on the treasure but think maybe the wish would be the way to go and use the placeholder to go on the treasure in the 2027. The prices of the treasure seem very high for the first half of the year and I’m curious if this is because the ship is brand new? I know obviously the non hurricane months are more expensive in general but I wasn’t sure if the very high prices are due to the newness and excitement?
It's very high this year because it's new. You see that with all new ships not just DCL. Eventually as they continue to roll out new ships you may see prices stabilize or last minute deals.

The Fantasy has come down a bit in price. Hard to say with inflation, but my guess is people would cut discretionary spending if the economy takes a turn. It's hard to predict anything these days. Everything changes so quickly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter