Will treasure prices go down?

TinkB278

DIS Veteran
Hi there!

I’m trying to decide between a Disney wish or treasure cruise in 2025 and am looking at September for the significantly lower prices (on the treasure anyways). I’m torn because I really want to go on the treasure but think maybe the wish would be the way to go and use the placeholder to go on the treasure in the 2027. The prices of the treasure seem very high for the first half of the year and I’m curious if this is because the ship is brand new? I know obviously the non hurricane months are more expensive in general but I wasn’t sure if the very high prices are due to the newness and excitement?

The Wish had a similar price increase over the Dream and those prices never came back down, so I don't expect the Treasure to come back down soon, either. Maybe in a few years, if Disney has trouble filling up rooms. Or maybe the prices just won't go up as much from year to year until they feel cheaper.

I don’t think they will ever go down. They might remain stagnant eventually but Disney doesn’t lower prices on anything ever it seems. Wish prices have continued to go up as have all the other ships. I keep thinking at some point it has to stop but it hasn’t happened yet and they’re still filling the ships.

Part of the challenge with the early 2025 Treasure itineraries is those have been on sale for a while. The summer itineraries just released and if you see one you like, I would just book it now to at least lock in the price.

I don’t think they will ever go down. They might remain stagnant eventually but Disney doesn’t lower prices on anything ever it seems. Wish prices have continued to go up as have all the other ships. I keep thinking at some point it has to stop but it hasn’t happened yet and they’re still filling the ships.

They'll come down. New, innovative ships always sell for a premium in their initial years, as diehard fans of a particular cruise line want to be among the first to sail it. Many people won't be as eager, or able, to pay the going rate for their second go around, causing DCL to lower fares to fill the ships. Prices will probably fall to slightly above what the Dream & Fantasy sell for similar itineraries today. But it could take several years for this to happen.

And while Disney doesn't lower sticker prices, it does offer promotions that yield lower rates. IN MOST CASES, it's cheaper for a family to fly to Florida today, rent a car, stay onsite and go to the theme parks, than it was two years ago (in real dollars, in inflation adjusted significantly cheaper). (Note that many promotions today are targeted.)

DCL pricing goes UP in tiers -- sell x% of staterooms, price increases; sell another y% of staterooms, price increases, etc. At some point if they decide they haven't sold enough staterooms, they may offer a restricted fare -- usually within the penalty period for cancellations, pay in full at booking, you allow DCL to choose your stateroom location, etc.

But regular fares going down... very extremely unusual to the extent that it basically never happens. Future years may not increase as much when released for bookings, but fares won't reduce.

But regular fares going down... very extremely unusual to the extent that it basically never happens. Future years may not increase as much when released for bookings, but fares won't reduce.

I disagree. We're in unprecedented times in which Disney is significantly expanding its fleet at the same time the Disney bubble is expanding. We complain about the Treasure's high pricing, but many of its sailings are sold out -- a year in advance. That tells us Disney underpriced these sailings. I'll argue that people are willing to pay more to be among the first to sail these ships. Over time, people won't be so willing and Disney will have to lower prices -- either list or promotions -- to keep the ships full. Same dynamic plays out at every other cruise line and I don't expect Disney to be any different.

We complain about the Treasure's high pricing, but many of its sailings are sold out -- a year in advance.
You need to keep in mind that since DCL bookings are fully refundable, people tend to grab reservations early and then when they realize how expensive it is they cancel. I have seen very expensive special cruises sell out in categories early on and then they offered discounts for them later on. While I don’t expect discounts pop up for those early Treasure sailings, I would not be surprised if availability will come back quite a bit by fall of this year.

Since we started cruising I don't think I have ever seen prices go down on standard rates. I have paid less on some cruises but most of those were what I call COVID re-start cruises and in the first 12 months after COVID re-start. Since then the prices have skyrocketed up and I suspect will stay flat or climb some more. Are there deals to be had on individual sailings absolutely, but expecting wholesale decline in prices I don't see that happening for DCL.

I disagree. We're in unprecedented times in which Disney is significantly expanding its fleet at the same time the Disney bubble is expanding. We complain about the Treasure's high pricing, but many of its sailings are sold out -- a year in advance. That tells us Disney underpriced these sailings. I'll argue that people are willing to pay more to be among the first to sail these ships. Over time, people won't be so willing and Disney will have to lower prices -- either list or promotions -- to keep the ships full. Same dynamic plays out at every other cruise line and I don't expect Disney to be any different.
I'm going to disagree with this. The Treasure's maiden voyage is still up for grabs and that is unheard of. Maiden voyages usually sell out in hours with a waitlist to get on. I went hunting for a sailing after the maiden voyage and finally settled on Feb but not one cruise I had been searching for was sold out. None of them are underpriced and I will bet that we will see lots of promotions for the Treasure in 2025. Disney+, Military, Canadian Res., Military, Fl Res., you will see them pop up.
Also remember, loads of people didn't like the Wish and are steering clear of it. The Treasure is her sister. I know I would not be bothered sailing her if it weren't for the Haunted Mansion bar. It's one of the only things that drew me in. That and the 25% off certificate we received on our last sailing.

I'm going to disagree with this. The Treasure's maiden voyage is still up for grabs and that is unheard of. Maiden voyages usually sell out in hours with a waitlist to get on. I went hunting for a sailing after the maiden voyage and finally settled on Feb but not one cruise I had been searching for was sold out. None of them are underpriced and I will bet that we will see lots of promotions for the Treasure in 2025. Disney+, Military, Canadian Res., Military, Fl Res., you will see them pop up.
Also remember, loads of people didn't like the Wish and are steering clear of it. The Treasure is her sister. I know I would not be bothered sailing her if it weren't for the Haunted Mansion bar. It's one of the only things that drew me in. That and the 25% off certificate we received on our last sailing.
A lot of folk also chose not to sail as it is over Christmas, and in December when the water and weather is colder. The price alone does not tell the full story.

A lot of folk also chose not to sail as it is over Christmas, and in December when the water and weather is colder. The price alone does not tell the full story.
That is true however there are also lots of folks who do chose to travel over Christmas as the kids are out of school.
So, you have those who want that Maiden Voyage, the ones who like the bragging rights, and those who travel over Christmas for school reasons. Two very different groups of cruisers. That cruise should have been sold out long ago. The idea that the Treasure is underpriced, as LAS2AMS suggested, is a bit ridiculous IMO. Both Maiden Voyages and Christmas cruises are costly but people pay it and I doubt they would say those cruises are underpriced. Again, JMO.
The poster also stated that many of the Treasures sailings are sold out already. Haven't seen that but I may be missing something.

Problem with the Treasure is that the Maiden Voyage is over Christmas. Those cruises are already more expensive and then you have to add in the fact it's a MV. Plus, you can almost always expect some growing pains on the MV. I'm not surprised it's not 100% sold out.

The poster also stated that many of the Treasures sailings are sold out already. Haven't seen that but I may be missing something.

We were looking to book earlier in 2025, but there weren't any deluxe family oceanview verandah rooms for a party of 4 on a number of the sailings we had looked at. Maybe it's party size?

We were looking to book earlier in 2025, but there weren't any deluxe family oceanview verandah rooms for a party of 4 on a number of the sailings we had looked at. Maybe it's party size?
The poster stated the sailings were sold out, not categories. I didn’t find that anywhere.

We booked a treasure cruise for April 2025 on the day itineraries were released. Fast forward a few months - surprise sister is pregnant. We asked about adding the baby (it will be old enough). About a month ago I called TA asking how it would work and they said we could add “TBA Baby (Last name)” and gave us a quote for what the total cost to add the baby would be and the deposit amount. Talked it over with family and called this week to pay the deposit to actually add the baby. Total price to add had increased almost $200 over original. We didn’t expect it to jump that fast or by that much that fast, so I don’t think drops are the cards anytime soon - maybe after paid in full deadlines start to pass….

Oosh - glad I was sitting down. And just remembered the prices I saw are for four guests, not just two.

I picked some random dates and see there may only be one cabin on a deck for a verandah from Jan - mid March. And several cruises with the interiors and oceanviews showing sold out.

Or it might be your dates. Not number of guests (more work - but you can change guest count and see if it shows more available cabins. If you are the really curious type).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter