Will some other Disney-addict please assure me that I haven't lost it!

desparatelydisney

DIS Veteran
Sorry...I didn't mean to post this here - please follow link to my other thread http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1972968

I went to WDW 3 times as a kid - 6, 12 & 18. I was a summer CP intern, hated it (was homesick) and couldn't wait to get home, then honeymooned there the very next summer :rotfl2:. Went back 2 years later and then waited 10 years to take a return trip. That's when the addiction went seriously downhill.

We went June 06, Dec 06, April 08. When I begged DH for the April 08 trip I PROMISED I wouldn't even TALK about another trip until 2010...and now I have talked him in to booking Dec 08 because of the great rate :cool1: .

Will someone please tell me I'm not crazy! DH keeps saying how there are so many other places to go and let the kids experience. I keep saying we have to go lots now while the kids are little because they will not want to go when they are older.

All my friends think I am certifiably nuts! Should I cancel Dec and at least wait until Apr 09? Please help a fellow addict!

You are far from nuts!

I am 23 years old and I will be going on my 31st trip to WDW in just 10 days! There have been years where we have gone 4 times (2006 - Mar, Aug, Oct, Dec) and years where we have gone for lengthy periods (Aug 07 - 18 days, Aug 08 - 14 days).

People think we are "crazy" but i equate it to having a cottage. Lots of peopl here in ontario visit their cottages or trailers every weekend, all summer, every summer. You'd think they'd get sick of it right? WRONG! That is what feels like a proper vacation to them. So what is wrong with going to Disney a few times every year? :goodvibes

I am very lucky that my hubby is just as obsessed. :banana: It just makes for a great family vaca for us! (although we're going to drive the next trip to save money-that may put a whole other aspect on the trip). He just got back from Austria with his mom/aunt/2 sisters and it was incredible, but he's still ready to take the family to Disney. Usually go in May, but just can't wait so we're planning a January trip (and praying for FREE dining). He wants us all to go to Austria in 2010 (mom and aunt go every two years to see family). Of course there's no way we could do Disney and Europe (even with MIL helping fund Europe), so I'm already stressing that we'll miss Disney in two years! :rotfl2: I mean, I love Biergarten, but I don't want to eat that kind of food for a whole week! :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter