will restaurants (Rainforest) be loosing customers since they arent on Dining Plan?

newholidayx2

<font color=green>Searching for the perfect tree<b
Im thinking of cancelling the Rainforest reservation I have made

Are they not on any of the dining plans or are they just not participating during the Free Dining? We ate there in June on the Premium Package. They encouraged us to use our plan fully and even encouraged us to get the slurpees in the sports bottles when we were there.

As far as losing business they might during the Free dining period but then again there are alot of people who don't stay on property also and when we were there the wait for Walk ups was 2 hours and we had 6:00 ADR's.

The Rainforest Cafe *IS* on the dining plan. When we were there in March, we used credits there. We did have the Premium plan, but all restaurants on that are on the regular one.

The Rainforest Cafe is not on the Disney Dining Plan - free or otherwise. :( We will be using gift certificates that I earned from My Points when we eat there.

The could be a participant in the Premium Plan. I don't know for sure though. :confused:

The Rainforest Cafe wasn't on the DDP last year, or this year for that matter - they may accept the premium one, but I'm not sure. And, yes, it did affect our plans to eat there.

They are not on the DDP - just the premium.

And yes, I think they'll lose business due to it. If people have already paid for their dining up front why would they go pay RFC's high prices to dine there OOP? Course I don't like RFC so I don't understand why anyone would pay their prices ;) Maybe when dining is free people can justify the expense but if they're paying for it, I can't imagine them choosing it...

Rainforest cafe has lost our bussiness. They used to take AAA discount and no longer take that. Or at least they did not in December. We have enjoyed most meals there but will not go back without the discount. Sorry..

I can only state from my personal experience.. We had planned to dine there this September, but then I discovered they don't take the DDP- so they're no longer part of our plans. So, they lost our business, at least.

Honestly I doubt Rainforest Cafe has lost that much business because of the dining plan. There are still thousands of guests who are staying offsite etc, who will eat there.

We aren't going there this trip (or at least it isn't in our plan) but not because we are on the dining plan. More because if I really want to go to the Rainforest Cafe I can drive the 30 minutes to the one near where I live, so why would I go when I'm at Disney and have so many other choices that are not 30 minutes from my house (on that note I think I may go this weekend since we need to go up to the mall it is in anyways to look for some stuff).

tabrizia: We have been there before. The last time after lunch we went to the mall part and my son dropped a small car from the top of the railing and it fell to the floor below! He was so upset and did not mean it, He was like 3. Anyway the women working a stand called security on us and it was a big mess. I am thankfull no one was hurt.

I also think you are right about many people go to Disney who do not have the plan and would eat there. I wonder what the numbers are. I am sure someone somewhere keeps track.

Yeah Towson mall is a bit odd anyways, we don't go all that often, but we are looking for some specialized cooking things (I don't do much cooking it is hubby's thing) and William and Sonoma is our best bet for finding them since the food store in Columbia Mall doesn't have them. Plus Towson has the Apple store, though Columbia is getting on, it isn't open yet though. The 4 story thing with Towson and the weird floorplan always gets me though, but we do tend to go to Rainforest Cafe when we are there since it is there and decent (plus we have a $5 gift certificate they sent us for hubby's bday).

And yes I'm sure someone keeps track of how many people are eating there, since if they were losing money from the diningplan I am sure they'd get added to it like some of the other non-Disney eateries on the plan.

We have gone to RFC on every one of our Disney trips UNTIL last year when DH and I went for Free Dining. We did not go then.

As I mentioned, we are going this year since we have GCs and when I asked our DDs where they would rather go: PH or RFC, they enthusiastically answered RFC.

Also, we do not usually stay on property, preferring more space and amenities and lower cost to staying at Disney. So generally we do not qualify for Free Dining and then we would choose to eat at RFC regardless. :)

We made adr's there for last month...it was the only place each of my kids saw multiple items on the menu that they liked. We would go there again.

We had adrs...showed up 1/2 hour early and they sat us a few minutes later...The line was out the door- both walkins & people w/adrs. It didn't seem like they were losing any business. There are enough people that are not on the dining plan....we also went over to DTD where many people were waiting outside the other RFC to be seated.

I think they may be less crowded than other venues since they don't participate. In December we avoided it since it was not on the plan and we only had six table service credits and time for six TS--the way the flights worked out. This vacation I have things broken up differently--I have a five night OKW reservation with DDP, a two night OKW reservation with No DDP--this is where I will fit in House of Blues, a four night OKW Reservation with DDP and two nights at AKL with no DP--here I'll fit in RFC. If I were on the DDP witha regular package I'd only do Rainforest or other non-plan dining if I were going to use the DDP for signature dining or if I had room for it on check in or check out day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter