Will I hate life without PHs?

Jiminy'sGirl

DIS Veteran
As I was about to pull the trigger on 3 day park hoppers for an upcoming trip March 4-9, I realized I could get 4 day 1-park tickets for less. This got me thinking. I know hopping at DLR is a breeze, which is why I was going for it (we don't like hopping at WDW at all). But wouldn't one entire day be even more beneficial? Best of all, it gives me a 2nd shot to see WOC in case it doesn't reopen as planned. Plus, money saved. Feels like a no brainer.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
I've done single park tickets before and not regretted it. Normally I only park hop if it's a short trip; longer ones I get single park tickets and haven't missed the hopping at all. IMO, it all depends on how you plan to tour the parks.

This is actually a difficult decision because hopping is so easy and convenient in the land, but if it saves money and gives you another day then I would go for it!

In general I always tell people they will regret not buying hoppers but since you are buying an extra day, instead of a hopper, in your case I think it's a pretty good idea.

Last edited:
Over the last few years, we have gone from always getting hoppers to going the 1day/1 park route, and have not regretted it at all. There is enough to do at each park that we do not feel the need to park hop. I guess before I had kids, I would be more likely to hop, but with kids in tow, I just prefer to pick a park and stick to it. Our visits are generally short (2-3 days). If we do 2 days, we'll do one park one time. If we do 3, we usually spent one at CA, and one at DL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter