Will Disney Be Refunding All These Future Discounts?

shopgirl72

<font color=9999FF>Pixie Dust to those either at W
I am just sitting here reading all the different threads on the "BEST RATE PLAN." And, I wondered will they keep refunding people who pay immediately? How long can this go on? How many people will be sitting waiting to get their refund from an applied DISCOUNT? Any ideas on this?

:earsgirl: shopgirl(arly)

do you mean a refund on the deposit? As in if the rate was (for example) $125 + tax rack and you book it at $100 + tax and put down a deposit of $111.50 then the rate drops to $75 will you get a refund of the difference from your deposit? I would think they wouldn't be refunding it, it would just reduce your amount due at check in. If it was a one night reservation, then the extra would be credited to your room while you are there and refunded if you didn't use that credit during your stay.

Does that make sense?

shopgirl72,

Lollipop Mom is correct. Any extra left over from the deposit if a discount is released would automatically go towards the rest of the bill.

Hi again! No, I was wondering if you pay in full when you book, will they then be refunding to all who do that, each time there is a discount! Maybe you can't do that anymore, I do not know. I usually pay my full reservation when I make it, I assume some others do to. Maybe, we can only pay one night at booking, I guess, I'm wondering about that too. LOTS OF QUESTIONS! Thanks to all for trying to sort it out!

shopgirl72,

I don't know how accurate this is, but I did read a couple other posts that mentioned something about only being able to put down a night nights deposit and having to pay the rest at checking.

Obviously we will have to wait and see when people start using this program what the rules and regulations really are.

Hi Jason!
I think you are right, when I read more about this program. Only putting one night stay as your deposit. Then adjustments for Disney would not be the problem I was foreseeing. Thanks for your input!

Don't know if this will help, but I have currently paid all but $50 on my 7 night ressie for Jan 1st, 2006 at POP. I plan to keep paying $100 per month until our trip. I will use the extra paid towards food and souveniers on our trip. I am a AAA member, and that discount has not been applied yet as it is still not available yet. So actually, I believe I have probably already paid for my ressie in full, and have extra in my account already. I don't expect a refund, I just want to reduce how much I will owe at the conclusion of our vacation. I hope this helps, but I may have confused you more also. :confused3

shopgirl72 said:
No, I was wondering if you pay in full when you book, will they then be refunding to all who do that, each time there is a discount!

I can see this happening in the case of a one night reservation. For example before our cruise we stay at POR for one night. In March I booked at rack rate then applied AP discount. Room was already paid for which created a credit. Upon check in they refunded the difference back to my debit card. I would assume that many reservations will be more than one night so upon check in the new reduced balance would be due with the rack rate deposit applied. I'd think the only time a difference would be refunded would be in the case of one night reservations.

DVCconvert said:
she maybe asking this in the context that she pre-paid the room charge. Then what?

or

In my case, I only need to book my last night since I'm staying DVC for the bulk of my trip. I'll have to prepay for that night. What happens if/when the rates go down. Are they going to refund the difference? If they have to do that for a lot of people, it could be an accounting nightmare! :scared1:

I'm guessing that the discounts this year aren't going to be as good as the last few years anyway. For our family, moving over to Universal for our last night or two may be another option if we aren't getting decent discounts with our AP's at Disney.

simzac said:
Don't know if this will help, but I have currently paid all but $50 on my 7 night ressie for Jan 1st, 2006 at POP. I plan to keep paying $100 per month until our trip. I will use the extra paid towards food and souveniers on our trip. I am a AAA member, and that discount has not been applied yet as it is still not available yet. So actually, I believe I have probably already paid for my ressie in full, and have extra in my account already. I don't expect a refund, I just want to reduce how much I will owe at the conclusion of our vacation. I hope this helps, but I may have confused you more also. :confused3

I didn't know you could do this. I like to have everything I possibly can paid off in advance. I would love to have money on deposit down there already, so I didn't have to take any cash, TC, or CC with me.

They'll treat balances on account just as they always have, such as when someone booked for one package rate and then called in to be switched to another package rate.

I would think if only night was paid, and the rate lowered, the balance would be a credit at check-in, which wpuld be applied against any room charges. Most likely the amount would not be significant and could easily be spent.

according to the CM I spoke to As of now, the difference in the rate will be credited to my credit card because the difference (between what I booked and the discount now offered) cannot be transferred to the resort. I also asked if I could pay in full or make payments up until check in and he said No, that as of now, they cannot transfer that money to the resort. So balance is due at check in.

I've been on the phone more since booking online than I was when I booked by phone!

b-1 said:
according to the CM I spoke to As of now, the difference in the rate will be credited to my credit card because the difference (between what I booked and the discount now offered) cannot be transferred to the resort. I also asked if I could pay in full or make payments up until check in and he said No, that as of now, they cannot transfer that money to the resort. So balance is due at check in.

I've been on the phone more since booking online than I was when I booked by phone!
CM told you that you cannot make payments or pay your ressie in full ahead of time. I find it very hard to believe that Disney would not want ressie's paid in advance, packages have to be paid in advance if I remember right, so what's the difference? :confused3

Well if you can't pay on your balance beforehand, that's a major change, because I did that very thing for my recent trip in late May/early June. By the time I arrived I had a very small balance due at check-in.

The CM did say "as of now" so maybe once the 'best rate' system is running smoothly they will be able to accept more than just a one night deposit.

I heard their system does not accept payments, except for the deposit, before arrival. The balance will have to be paid at check-in. But hard to say if that will change. Right now that is they way it stands.

Just a budget friendly suggestion for those that like to prepay - Why let Disney earn interest on your money when you can keep it in an interest bearing account until just before you leave...Then you get the interest and Disney gets exactly what they charge you! :earboy2:

I think we can rest assured that, if nothing else, things will change. Change is normal, and change is almost a natural outcome of the introduction of anything new. It's not clear, now, what will change, but surely there will be changes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter