Wilderness Lodge

abline

Mouseketeer
Does any one have any fun ideas for first timers in the Wilderness Lodge.

:) Just go and have a great time.. I love the Wilderness Lodge and will be there for the 5th time this coming Dec. Sit at night by the fireplace with a drink or cup of coffee and just enjoy the entire lobby. All of the carvings were done by Native Americans. The rooms are smaller but are ever so nice. Go to the pool and watch the geyser go up. This is a replica of the Old Faithful Inn in Yellowstone National Park.. I"ve actually stayed there three times. I"m from NYC but love Yellowstone and Disney equally.. I know I"m not giving you much but I just love to sit in that magnificent lobby and look around. Take the boat out in the back by the geyser to the park. ENJOY.. WISH I WAS GOING NOW....:)

We just got back and had a great time. Besides the suggestions from the previous poster you could also:

- watch the electric water parade or MK fireworks from the dock or beach
- go over to the villas and sit in the rockers on the front porch - you'd never know you were in Disney
- rent a Surrey bike and ride around the grounds
- enjoy the antics at Whispering Canyon Cafe
- get up early and enjoy the hot tubs
- get one of the yummy drinks at the pool bar and people watch
- rent a boat and explore Bay Lake
- get a list of hidden Mickey's from the front desk
- at check-in ask about being the flag family
- take the daily Lodge tour

Above all enjoy!!

We, too, will be WL first-timers this Aug. (CAN'T WAIT!) I've read a few tidbits about the "antics at the Whispering Canyon Cafe" - what's this about? Now I'm really curious! Thanks!

Originally posted by NJFabFour
We, too, will be WL first-timers this Aug. (CAN'T WAIT!) I've read a few tidbits about the "antics at the Whispering Canyon Cafe" - what's this about? Now I'm really curious! Thanks!

Whispering Canyon Cafe was our fav restaurant on our honeymoon, we had a great time there and the food was great too. But for your first time there, let the magic happen, the antics are alot of fun and the waitstaff there is so friendly you will love it. I know you will have a great time.!!!

Definitely try to be the flag family! You must request this at check-in, first thing, as there are a limited number of slots. Essentially, your family goes with a CM to the roof of the WL to raise the various flags that fly above the Lodge.

We had the opportunity to do this on our last trip and it was great! Of course, my DF had a bit of trouble with his flag so for the entire day we could look up at the top of the Lodge, see a tangled up flag, and totally abuse DF forever. Anyway, you have a beautiful view of the contemporary, magic kingdom, Bay Lake, etc. On a clear day you cann see all four icons from the parks.

It really is a wonderful experience.

...make ressies for WC, try to request Jeffro for your server...he's a HOOT!!!

Our Family (DH, myself, and 7 year old DD) will be visiting WL for the first time 6/5-6/12.

Can anyone comment on room requests? What is the flag family all about and how do you request to be it? Can you request it by phone or do you wait until check in?

Hidden Mickeys???

Breakfast at WL??

DL--1999
PO--2000
CB--2001
4 dayDCL--2001
7day DCL--2002

We were at WL earlier this month (our visit stay there) and we just loved it. We booked a woodsview room and from these boards I discovered that a view of the otter pond we considered the best woodsview room. I also requested bunk beds. I faxed my request a few days before we arrived and we were given exactly the room I asked for (2012). I also learned from these boards that you can ask for conceirge upgrade or access for a fee at check-in. It was available so we added it at $45 per night. My DH wasn't interested in the flag family idea so we didn't ask but it's something you can request at check-in. My understanding is that the lodge has a park ranger that will take you up to the roof to raise the flag each morning. I think WL gives a certificate to the flag family. We didn't eat at Whispering Canyon but had a great view of it from the 7th floor conceirge area. Some of the things that we saw/heard was everyone singing if you're happy and you know it and saying the pledge of alligence. DD loved it and participated from the 7th floor. We didn't do the hidden Mickey's but I think the front desk has a list of where they are and you can just explore the resort to find them.

...have any of you guys read the WL FAQ thread??? It's chock full 'o great info and ideas.....I'll bump it up for ya;) !

I'll be there from June 6-10. This is my second stay to the lodge and love it. I booked a woods view room, I had that the last time and loved it. :D :Pinkbounc

We are going to the WL for the first time next year, Aug.2004...I may be interested in upgrading to the concierge level for $45 per night, but what does that include? I've never stayed in a deluxe resort before, only ASMo, so I don't know what the concierge level is....Can someone help me? Also, I saw on an earlier post that you can catch a boat to Epcot? I thought the boat only went to MK and FW? Thanks for your help!!!!

PS...We have a DD that will be almost 5 when we go...think she would be too little for bunkbeds? She's never even seen them before and I thought it would be fun for her...My sister will be in the room with DD,DH and me, so she would have to get the bottom bunk, but is there some kind of railing or something on the top one so my DD wouldn't fall out? Thanks!:confused:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter