Wilderness Lodge vs Beach Club

CaliforniaDreaming

#1 Grand Floridian Fan/Expert
Could someone please tell me your opinions on buying at VWL vs BCV? I realize that VWL will be cheaper than BCV, and if we got VWL we could use it right now.

But, I'm thinking location wise BCV would be better than VWL. We really enjoy the MK Resort Area, because of the monorail. But, there is only the boat transportation to the MK, not monorail. BCV is so close to EPCOT, and a boat ride away from MGM, and has direct bus service to the MK (I believe).

Will the units be larger at BCV? Is BCV still on schedule?

Thanks!

VWL and BCV units are probably going to be about the same size.
VWL has the advantage of being onsale right now so you could get points for 2001. If you are going to finance through Disney the rates right now are very low 8. ? %. Point charts are similiar to preferred at BWV. Dues are less than BWV but more than OKW.
BCV I believe has the best location as well as the BWV. ( I own at BWV). I LOVE the Epcot area. I enjoy walking to Epcot as well as MGM. BCV has the best onsite pool. Point charts are yet unknown as well as dues. It's a hard decision........
Good Luck

I think it also depends on whether you want to use your 11 month window for booking. We use it for our August vacation at BWV when we want to have particular accomodations but for other times we don't use it at all. We also own at VB and have stayed at VWL with those points. Other visits tend not to be at the busiest times [we take advantage of cheap airfare] and we will take whatever place is available and have not had a problem.
Good luck with your decision!

hi: the most common mantra here is "buy where you plan to stay" because of the 11 month priority. i think bcv will be hard to book at the 7 month mark especially during the first year or so when everyone wants to try them out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter