Wilderness Lodge Pool Closed November?

aims74

Earning My Ears
Hi All,
We just got the letter that the Wilderness Lodge pool will be closed during our trip November 16 to 20. We are trying to decide if we should move our trip to November 30 when it will be open again, and pay $600 more at that time. OR, keep it.

Has anyone been to WL lately and can provide reports of what the construction and that area looks like? Just wondering if it is terrible to walk by as you walk to the boat, etc.

Thanks!
Amy

I moved to the Animal Kingdom Lodge for our September trip. I spoke with guest services and she said that they are putting a fence around the pool so it is not a gut job or a total redo of the pool. We will use the pool so she was very helpful in getting us a pool view room at the AKL. If you are not going to use the pool and you are not paying for a courtyard view I would say that it would be okay. I was also concerned about the outside area by Roaring Forks where we like to sit and eat breakfast. Yes that will not be available.

When I called with a concern about this, the woman I spoke to advised they would be giving water park passes to compensate. I am also a little concerned about the aesthetics, but I think I can get over it, at least it's not the lobby like they are doing at the Poly...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter