Wilderness Lodge Photo Thread- Please feed my addiction!!

IMG_4003ed.-XL.jpg

WOW !!! My son was 12 years old when I started this thread, we are headed back again this November & he is now 18 years old & in his senior year of high school & this is the one & only place he wanted to stay this year for our Christmas vacation !!!!!

I am almost tearing up typing this because of all the special Dis Buddies that have contributed to this thread.

Thank you to everyone for giving me so much information 6 years ago & I hope this thread had made the anticipation of other family's trips just as more fun & exciting as it did for me & my son on our first visit !!!!!

Thank you again to everyone !!!!!

:santa::santa::santa:
DisneyNDecember

About the time you started this thread, I was also in the beginning stages of planning my own WDW vacation to the Wilderness Lodge - December 6-14, 2008. I'm planning my next solo trip for June and I can't wait. Reading your beginning post in this thread nearly brought tears to my eyes as I recounted all the fun I had on my solo trip that year. So many things have happened between then and now which have caused me a lot of stress and I've had to put off many trips to WDW over the years due to all the hoops I've had to jump through such as leaving my comfort zone and changing careers, spending money for job training, sleepless nights while doing said training, etc. During all this I would have the time but didn't have the money and when I had the money, I didn't have the time. I'm in need of some serious Disney therapy and I plan to celebrate when I get there.

I hope you and your son have a wonderful time at WL this December. You both deserve it!:cool1:

We stayed in a 2BR dedicated with our 2 sons!

Had a fabulous time!:dance3::dance3: Loved taking the boat to MK! So pretty!:cool1:

We are planning to stay at VGF for a 4 night studio stay, just my husband and I in early December! Cannot wait to see WDW at Christmas time...We have always gone to WDW in summer for the kids school schedule!

Looking forward to taking a tour of Ft.Wilderness...I think it is some type of "sleigh ride" through Ft.Wilderess to see the holiday decorations!:santa::santa:
Will stop by VWL to view the BEAUTIFUL TREE! LOVE IT THERE! SO PRETTY!:cheer2:

I am getting excited for my first stay at WL after looking at all of your pictures! I wasn't sure if the theme would really attract me at first but it looks very themed and fun.

Would anyone happen to have photos of some of the WL branded merchandise? I would love to pick up a cute, girly shirt.

Also, I am betting you guys are the experts so I know this isn't the best spot to post this, but I haven't gotten a response on the resto boards. I know at WCC they mess with you a bit, but I am hoping to avoid anything TOO bad (aka racing wooden ponies around as adults). So I was thinking a mimosa with breakfast would loosen me up a bit :thumbsup2. But then I started wondering...am I going to get it for ordering one?? I'd appreciate if anyone has an experience!

Also, I am betting you guys are the experts so I know this isn't the best spot to post this, but I haven't gotten a response on the resto boards. I know at WCC they mess with you a bit, but I am hoping to avoid anything TOO bad (aka racing wooden ponies around as adults). So I was thinking a mimosa with breakfast would loosen me up a bit :thumbsup2. But then I started wondering...am I going to get it for ordering one?? I'd appreciate if anyone has an experience!

We ate breakfast at WCC last February, just my husband and I, and the craziest our waiter got was to throw some straws and napkins down on the table. Since we didn't order ketchup, with didn't have to endure the most common gag they perform at breakfast. If someone asks for ketchup they will usually get about twenty bottles of it. But I think they are pretty sensitive to morning guests wanting to have a mostly quiet breakfast.

Hello all WL-ers!
We are closing in on our 6 month point for a September trip! :yay: I had a random question I was hoping could be answered: are there any Woods View rooms that catch a glimpse of Bay Lake? We want to avoid the noise of the pool so no courtyard view but was hoping I might be able to find a good WV that will give us a peak!

Which room did you stay in? Your pictures are great. I have 7 months until we stay at WL and your views looked amazing!

same question, what room??

From what I can tell, it's from the 7th floor, North wing. I am assuming because Touring Plan's Room View page has a similar shot from the 6th floor (room 6032 I believe) but klmall's are higher and much clearer!

((not sure I am allowed to post from TP but if you google TP Room View WL, you can find it!)) HTH!

**sigh** we are headed to Kidani Village tomorrow. As much as I look forward to going it's not the same when we are not at the lodge.

This thread has me SO VERY excited for our first stay at the Lodge this November (week before Thanksgiving)...

Keep the posts and pictures coming!

Great pictures everybody who posted! staying at WL in 3 weeks and all these photos just increased my excitement level even higher

Had a birds nest on our balcony with 4 babies in it chirping away. Talk about wilderness right at your back door! Pictures didn't come out, sorry :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter