Wild & Wacky 3 week LIVE Trip Report AKV, DCL & BWV

It is actually the Inn side...I spoke to Jackie the manager today and she said the project is almost complete.....next step will be interior refurbishment...again on the Inn side. No plans for the Boardwalk side until they are directed by DVC...although she says it is in desperate need

Such awesome pictures and a great TR! What fun you are having! This is a VERY long trip! I Love it! I want to do one similar to yours next year!
ariel

That Boardwalk pool is the only one I cannot go near! That...clown!!!!!:scared1:
I have clown fear! That one is scary especially since you come sliding out of it's mouth! ACKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!! Okay it would be worse if you had to climb stairs INTO his mouth, but he is scary to me. I had to avoid that pool when we stayed at the Boardwalk.

Hope you are having a blast! Enjoy! Enjoy!

We are going to sneak in a quick 4 dayer to Disneyland next week right before my spine surgery on July 2nd, *** we won't be going to any Disney Parks for a while after my surgery.:( So we gotta get some fun in before I am recuperating for 6 months! We just decided to go! YAY! A disney fix always helps what ails ya...I will just take my pain meds faithfully and get through 4 days on an ECV there. Those will be my thoughts and images as I drift into anesthesia land...all the fun of Disneyland and WDW from our May trip!
More! More Kristine! Beautiful photos and tales of the fun of Disney always satisfy the soul if you can't be there in person!
ariel

Hello! I have been enjoying your report... I have to say my hat is off to you for tackling 3 weeks of family vacation! :eek: I think I'd either be in a straight jacket or I'd have sold my kids to the gypsies by then. :laughing: You must be a saint!!! :worship:

I'd love to know what the timeline is for the interior refurb of the BWI. If you happen to hear anything please let us know! :)

Enjoy the rest of your trip!

I guess you're in the midst of the unpacking frenzy. My least favorite part of vacations.

I had a great time following along with your trip. Thanks for taking us along online with you!

Tell us more and post more pics when and if you have time! It was fun to see the pics and read what fun your family had on your trip. It has convinced me that we are going to do a WDW/Cruise/WDW trip next year. I like that idea. And Seaworld. We missed it this year! Your pictures made me want to go so badly, cause I love those dolphins!:lovestruc

Thanks for sharing all your pics and tales. I hope you are rested. Sounds like you had a great time!

I hate the unpacking part. It usually takes us days to get it done. Then the merchandise we bought and shipped home starts coming in and needs to be opened and it brings back memories of the trip! Like Christmas, sorta! Then I can't wait to start planning next year's trip! Of course!;)

ariel

Hi guys!!

Back to the real world!! YUCK!!

I actually came home with not 1 piece of laundry, can you believe that??!! I love having a washer in the DVC units. I do however have massive amounts of stuff to unpack and put away.

In thinking about the trip…here’s a little summary with the highlights:

PART 1

ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE

LOVED staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge in a 2 bedroom concierge unit.

Would I stay there again?? Yes, we felt it was definitely worth the extra points.

2a.jpg

2c.jpg

Pool was very nice

family070.jpg

We received excellent service and the staff was wonderful. Our maid Vicki made our kids smile every day!!

family093.jpg

family094.jpg

This was in our room on the first turn down night…

d1h.jpg

[FONT=&quot]And this was from the staff for Kirsten’s birthday

family101.jpg

[/FONT] SUNRISE SAFARI

We did enjoy this, but would not do it again. I didn’t feel like I got much more out of this that I do on the regular Kilimanjaro safari ride.

family141.jpg

family142.jpg

family139.jpg

The breakfast was very good

family145.jpg

SUNSET SAFARI

If you can swing this…DO IT!!! We loved it. I was truly amazed by how close the animals were.

family155.jpg

family184.jpg

family186.jpg

family177.jpg

family168.jpg

family165.jpg

CORAL REEF DIVER
If you have the opportunity to set this up for a special occasion, definitely try & schedule it. I set this up for Kirsten’s bday. We got a custom menu with pictures of her on it…and then a diver swam out to us. The other diners really got a kick out of this!!

d1f.jpg

d1e-1.jpg

PART 2

SEA WORLD

We enjoyed our day there. We did a VIP tour and definitely enjoyed it. It was nice not to wait in line and have reserved seating for the shows. The kids got to touch a penguin during this tour which they really enjoyed. One of the best parts was the luncheon….we served behind the scenes from Shamu. We were extremely close!

From the lunch

family222.jpg

family229.jpg

family227.jpg

Would we do it again….yes, but not for a couple of years I'd say.

From the tour

family240.jpg

family237.jpg

family233.jpg

I just love this picture of Kirsten

family221.jpg

More from the tour

family209.jpg

family246.jpg

family248.jpg

family250.jpg

family252.jpg

UNIVERSAL STUDIOS

Had a great day there. I highly recommend there VIP tour. They truly have back door access to all the rides…there was NO and I mean NO waiting whatsoever. We accomplished almost all the rides from both parks. The kids loved all the rides…Bill & I however did not. A couple of the simulators almost put me away. I would never go on them again. We shared our tour with a father and son from England. David & Gavin were great guys and my kids really liked them. It worked out well...because they were thrill seekers and my kids liked riding with them. I will say David (the dad) got ill on Jimmy Neutron like I did!!

We would definitely go back to Universal.

family313.jpg

family309.jpg

family299.jpg

family301.jpg

family304.jpg

BLUE MAN GROUP

The kids loved this show!! Bill & I have seen it in Vegas, but we did enjoy seeing it again. However, I think 3 times would be over kill.It amazes me how entertaining toilet paper can be!!

family295.jpg

PART 3

MAGIC KINGDOM VIP TOUR
We have done a few VIP tours at WDW. They are definitely expensive, but it sure is nice not to deal with all the lines. Our tour guide Jeff was great…the kids really liked him. If you do book this tour…make sure you request the reserved seating for the parade. This is a nice perk….but it is very limited. We will do it again, especially if we come during a crowded time of year.

Our tour guide

family266.jpg

family262.jpg

Pics from the reserved seating:
family270.jpg

family273.jpg

family293.jpg

family294.jpg

GIFTS OF A LIFETIME SCAVENGER HUNT

Lots and lots of laughs this day. We had to race around "the world" and solve clues...this would lead you to the next clue. During this challenge we had to solicit help from strangers and cast members....

One of the clues

family347.jpg

getting help from a CM at the Hall of Presidents

family327.jpg

Bill lost a challenge and had to wear this hat for the rest of the day!!!

family324.jpg

more help from a history teacher from Alabama...this guy was SMART!!

family326.jpg

family317.jpg

Prize at the end

family345.jpg

family344.jpg

Such great pictures! You all look like you had so much fun! I want to do that Sea World tour and maybe even the Universal one, though I am not big on thrill rides...What a vacation! I am already planning DH's and my next year's trip! Gotta do that short cruise between a couple weeks of WDW! That looks like the way to go!
Thanks for sharing your trip as you went along the way! I bet you need a little rest. You guys did SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much!!!!!

arielchickenofthesea

Your TR has been amazing! I've really enjoyed it. Thank you for sharing. Your family seems to have done EVERYTHING!!! Quite something :thumbsup2
Hope re-entry into real life isn't too hard ;)

When are you going to start planning your next trip??? :cool1:

Thanks for sharing your family holiday with us
just found this thread so got to read the whole report in one go

love all you photos and love all the different T shirts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter