Wild Animal Park, San Diego Zoo or both?

arinmasonsmom

Earning My Ears
We are going to San Diego from the 20th-26th of March. We are trying to figure out which of the above parks to do...or should we try both. We will also for sure be going to Legoland and Seaworld. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated. Ilisa

If you are only going to do one, do the zoo.

If your family is big animal lovers, do both! But be prepared for a lot of walking. The Wild Animal Park is huge and very hilly (actually, so is the zoo, but it's more manageable IMO).

The WAP has animals you won't see anywhere else - the most rare rhinoceros in the world, the second tallest giraffe in North America, and several baby animals that were just born this past fall - an elephant, giraffe, and some others.

But at the zoo you can see pandas, including a new baby that was just put in the exhibit a few weeks ago.

I would suggest looking at the website for both parks (sandiegozoo.org) and if your family has animal preferences, go from there.

The zoo has a great Children's Zoo, but the WAP also has a petting zoo and a really neat playground with an amazing view:

wap0920101.jpg

Have fun!

While I enjoy both, if choosing I would go to the zoo. One problem with WAP is that if you have kids, it is harder for them to see some of the animals when you take the train ride around. Most of the animals are in open fields running around, and for my dd it was difficult. The zoo is easier to focus little ones on each animal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter