why do mods keep closing smoking threads

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjdisneywedding

DIS Veteran
whats the deal? the community board has no interest to me, I want to read about dvc converted s rooms to n/s rooms

I go to read it and reply and its closed

this has a direct correlation to dvc

I think CarolAnnC closed the one started by Ooba, as it was asked what was being done...it was answered "deep carpet and upholstery cleaning and replacing linens and drapes" at least twice.

She then closed it, as the question had been answered, and before it turned into a smoking debate, as they always seem to. :)

whats the deal? the community board has no interest to me, I want to read about dvc converted s rooms to n/s rooms

I go to read it and reply and its closed

this has a direct correlation to dvc

You are absolutely right. We should have the opportunity to discuss and debate the new smoking policy. Unfortunately, previous threads have gotten out of control.

Still, we smokers should have at least one forum available to us to discuss this. I for one don't understand the swiftness with which this policy has come about. I think it must have to do with the change of the Disney President.

There are many things that could be changed to make this new policy tolorable for smokers and still tolorable for non-smokers.

DVC in particular is a real problem for me. I purchased my DVC property knowing that smoking on balconies was accepted. Now... my DVC property managers are changing the rules... no announcement, no debate, no vote... Seems I have no say in this property ownership...

I am asking DIS boards to give us a thread to discuss this. We need to understand what is happening, what is afforded us, and what the consequences are. I know this is a hot topic, but let us have a thread that helps us work this out. And discuss how we are going to continue to visit DVC properties.

So, here it is... Moderators and Webmasters..... Please give us a thread so we can discuss this issue. It is very important to all.... I know it will be a hot thread, but we need to sort this out. Just a thread... The topic needs to be discussed... Probably the most needed discussion right now...

Thanks, Rob Wilson... (Disdaydreamer).

I am asking DIS boards to give us a thread to discuss this. We need to understand what is happening, what is afforded us, and what the consequences are. I know this is a hot topic, but let us have a thread that helps us work this out. And discuss how we are going to continue to visit DVC properties.

I totally agree. We are not smokers but our DSIL is and he is just not getting this. I need to be able to explain to him the whys and what fors and also let him know just where it is acceptable to smoke. I don't understand why the discussions get so out of control. Don't people realize that everyone is entitled to their own way of thinking? It's childish the way they get so out of control over something so trivial. Especially when this information needs to be discussed so people can be informed as to what is and isn't allowed and why.

Discussion about smoking is NOT a DVC topic.

If you want to discuss, complain or otherwise comment about the WDW smoking policy (it is NOT a DVC policy - it is a WDW resort policy) feel free to comment on the Community Board where those discussions, complaints and comments are allowed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter