• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Why did my brain kicked in 3 months late???

jo-jo

DIS Veteran
We are maybe, iffy, possibly going on a trip in Dec. Hoping for a one bedroom at BLT, but don’t have enough BLT points to book at 11 months. So I got 10 days studios.

One of the reasons we like the one bedroom is the stand alone shower. Much easier for DH. Not until today, did I even think I should have booked a studio with a roll in shower or at least grab bars by shower ( which is what we have at home). Now I’m kicking myself for not thinking of it. And of course, those choices are gone.

Yeah, dumb dumb dumb.

Call and see if there’s anything that they can do.
The days we have are not available. Maybe a day or two.
If you are booked on points, I think you can get on a waitlist? Or see if there is HA availability at a different resort?
Yeah, but then we might be doing 3 days here,3 days there. I could try a waitlist for the whole stay,but that usually doesn’t work. We also have to wait until 7 months window for other resorts.

Thanks for the suggestions.

I just want to smack myself. Of course the whole trip may not happen. I thought the trip in April 23 would be the last, so I’m booking a room just in case DH feels he is up to it.

To my knowledge there are no studios with roll in showers at any of the DVC resorts, but I could be mistaken. I know the new Disneyland Hotel Tower has no studios with roll in showers for sure, same goes for the Grand Californian.

To my knowledge there are no studios with roll in showers at any of the DVC resorts, but I could be mistaken.
Actually there is. It’s just when you go to look at accessible rooms on the DVC site, they kinda lump all the different accessibility levels (Florida Special, Tub w/ Grab Bars, Roll-in Shower) together and it’s kinda hard to differentiate between them unless you’re paying attention.

We asked at the new tower and they don’t have any studios with roll in showers there and they actually do a great job separating the options on the website for there at least.

We are maybe, iffy, possibly going on a trip in Dec. Hoping for a one bedroom at BLT, but don’t have enough BLT points to book at 11 months. So I got 10 days studios.

One of the reasons we like the one bedroom is the stand alone shower. Much easier for DH. Not until today, did I even think I should have booked a studio with a roll in shower or at least grab bars by shower ( which is what we have at home). Now I’m kicking myself for not thinking of it. And of course, those choices are gone.

Yeah, dumb dumb dumb.

No, human human human.

You have plenty of time to “walk and stalk” that reservation to get the dates you want in the room you need. Start now, and just stay on top of it - people have to (sadly) cancel trips all the time. I would also still call and talk to a CM; explain that you need the roll-in shower (or a walk-in shower) and what dates you want/need. If you can be flexible on dates, it may make things easier as well. Good luck - and don’t feel bad! None of us are perfect.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter