WHO'S OBSESSEd

Uuaww said:
I think I could take this one just due to how much it is out of place. See our frat house has a huge tv and we each get a shelf for our dvds, when girls come over they look at the dvds, and they see mine, like 6 disney treasures and 3 disney dvds, there usual response is, whos are these? mostly in a shocked way. you guys just can't understand how much **** i get for loving disney, its seriously like the one thing about me the frat rags on, each of the bros has one, mine is disney.

I can definitely relate to that. I hung up a set of maps from the park in my room in the house after I got back to campus after my CP. I got a TON of crap from the guys about it.

My major Disney geek moments:

1. I had an interviewer bring up WDW (without any provocation from me) and ask me for travel advice for her upcoming trip during the interview. (I did get the job and will be working there this summer).

2. During a corporations class, the prof. brought up an article she had about Disney (regarding the shareholder suits) that she would be happy to provide to anyone, and an entire row of the class raised their hands to say I would want it. The catch: I'm not in the class and I don't know the professor.

for a presentation on people that influenced society in 6th grade I dressed up like Walt Disney. People thought I was Adolf Hitler b/c of the mustache.

My friends call me 'snow white' during the winter when I lose my tan. What they don't know is I secretly like it (they haven't learned of my Disney Obsession), and may stay pale all year round so I can be called Snow White everyday!

My friends at summer camp called me Ariel (coz of my red hair). I insisted my family have a seperate tree for our Disney Ornaments. When family and friends wonder what to give me for my birthday/christmas ... they go for the easy thing, something Disneyish. My bathroom is decorated in Tinkerbell. My room at my parent's house is Tinkerbell/Princess. The bathroom at my parent's house is decorated in Mickey Mouse. My brother's room at my parent's house is decorated in Mickey Mouse. I must buy everything w/ Tinkerbell on it. My brother buys me a new themed Stich every year for Christmas (and Tinkerbell stuff). My mom calls me Tink. .... ok, nothing to crazy! :rolleyes:

OK, guys, ready? My bedroom is painted Star Command Blue. I currently have Tinkerbell sheets on my bed and I alternate with the Mickey ones. My bedspread is Mickey, I have a whole shelf in my curio cabinet dedicated to my Disney Lenox, I have my Disney Cruise Line Pals Playing Pirates lithograph signed by Ducky Williams hanging up on the wall, as well as a Party in the Kingdom lithograph that needs to get hung up, a huge Mickey Salutes America framed poster hanging over my bed, too many snowglobes to count, Disney picture frames with only pictures from Disneyworld in them, both of the blankets on my bed are from Disney Cruise line, I have the Disney Visa credit card, I've spent hundreds of dollars on Disney scrapbook stuff, I have a Disney antennae topper for almost every holiday, I just got a huge Mickey rug for the floor in my bedroom, my bathroom is Mickey, everywhere you go in my house is Mickey, this past summer we went to Disneyland, on the Disney Cruise and then down to Florida the day after we got back from California. We're going on the Disney cruise again this summer outta Florida and then going back down to Florida for my 21st birthday in October because, yes, My birthday is OCTOBER 1st, the same as Disney World!

And that's all I can think of at the moment. Did I win? :earboy2:

Well Well
good job i can see we have slacked off. you guys are great i guess there is no one else out there that can top that.

nmudisneyfan said:
I decorated my door in a Disney Theme. Here are some pictures of it:
DSCN0729.jpg

DSCN0731.jpg

DSCN0730.jpg

this wins.

p.s. i also kept guidemaps of MK, MGM & Epcot up in my dorm room, right next to my bed

*edit* i also got a giant (i mean HUGE) wall clock with a picture of spaceship earth at night and the fountain.

applepwnz said:
Actually how about this, all that I can think about is "the future" when I'll move to central Florida to be near/hopefully work for Disney. Like I literally look online at least once a month at homes in either Celebration, Winter Park, Kissimmee, or St. Cloud :)

I can hear you there.. I'm looking more at apartments.. can't really afford a house. Especially now, that it's winter, I just want to leave Ohio and the cold weather and be back in the magic of Disney (not to mention a warm, sunny climate). =) You're not alone.

I think about how I will incorporate Hidden Mickeys into the next house we build.

M<3'sMickey said:
OK, guys, ready? My bedroom is painted Star Command Blue. I currently have Tinkerbell sheets on my bed and I alternate with the Mickey ones. My bedspread is Mickey, I have a whole shelf in my curio cabinet dedicated to my Disney Lenox, I have my Disney Cruise Line Pals Playing Pirates lithograph signed by Ducky Williams hanging up on the wall, as well as a Party in the Kingdom lithograph that needs to get hung up, a huge Mickey Salutes America framed poster hanging over my bed, too many snowglobes to count, Disney picture frames with only pictures from Disneyworld in them, both of the blankets on my bed are from Disney Cruise line, I have the Disney Visa credit card, I've spent hundreds of dollars on Disney scrapbook stuff, I have a Disney antennae topper for almost every holiday, I just got a huge Mickey rug for the floor in my bedroom, my bathroom is Mickey, everywhere you go in my house is Mickey, this past summer we went to Disneyland, on the Disney Cruise and then down to Florida the day after we got back from California. We're going on the Disney cruise again this summer outta Florida and then going back down to Florida for my 21st birthday in October because, yes, My birthday is OCTOBER 1st, the same as Disney World!

And that's all I can think of at the moment. Did I win? :earboy2:

I think you probably still got me beat.. but I do have a disney-esque room like you. Disney Mickey-head duvet, lamps, probably about 20 lithographs around on the walls, pictures I drew up, I collect Disney Snowglobes and I have a little over 50 of those (they take up pretty much any space that is left in my room aside from the bed), I too own the Disney Credit card... I have unfortuanately not been on as many Disney vacations as you (though I want to go/move back there soon). I don't have a Disney birthday (can't really help that one). Congratulations on spending your 21st in Disney, I did that last year and it was amazing... started at like 7am going to Chef Mickeys, skipped all over MK collecting autographs, wearing my 3 buttons that I had already collected from all the parks (make sure to get those... Suzy (from Suzy and Perla, Cinderella's mice) personalized my auto saying "happy 21st birthday) and Goofy gave me a sticker... it makes your feel even more special. =) It's great to meet fellow obsessees. =) Have a good time on your next vacation!

--Angela

I too have a Disney room in my house. It has just about everything we've ever gotten in Disney in it. All our Disney stuffed animals are there, we have dozens of lithographs on the walls, there's our Disney mr potato head on the dresser for guests to play with and the bed has cinderella sheets. I also save everything I get in Disney, from maps to napkins to the confetti they put on the table for special occasions. We also have just about every Disney classic movie on vhs and dvd and a huge selection of Disney soundtracks. I'm sure there's more, but I just find it normal by now.

I'm no where near some of you, but the one thing that some of you may find interesting is that my mom works on campus at my college and we put a picture of Space Mountain on her door- The walk from the commuter lot where I park to her door is the EXACT number of steps it takes us from the front gate at MK straight to Space Mountain. If I stop at the coffee shop on campus on my way, we call each other and say that there's a long line for the ride and such.
Also, the kids in her department know how much my family loves Disney, and one of the girls dressed up as Tink for my mom at Halloween since we didn't get to go in August. Our dog is named Stitch (had we gotten a girl we would have named her Lilo). I have to be able to see a Disney plush in my room at all times. Not to mention that EVERYTHING in my room is in here because of Disney in some way or another (in like really remote ways that make sense in my head): for example- Robin Williams Live on Broadway poster is because he was Genie in Aladdin, all the tropical stuff because my favorite resort is the Poly, Darth Tater and Spud Trooper because Star Tours in MGM (plus I LOVE the movies...), not to forget the three muppet posters on my wall including one from Muppet Vision 3D, one from The Muppet Show, and one really old one from The Christmas Toy (like old back when they still hadn't considered Apple to be a main character). Not bad but still not considered "normal" among non-Dis-fanatics :earboy2:

Decorations in my apartment right now:
- framed litho and commemorative coin "Cast Holiday Celebration 2005"
- panoramic print of Epcot (not sure of dimensions ... bought it at Art of Disney)
- Disney 16 month calendar
- One 12 month calendar featuring pictures I took around WDW
- 2 20 x 30 pictures taken on Kilimanjaro Safaris
- 2 16 x 20 pictures taken on KS
- 2 16 x 20 pictures of Illuminations
- 2 8 x 10 pictures of Illuminations
- several 4x6 and 5x7 pictures that I've taken in the parks
- several more that aren't framed, and not hanging on the walls yet
(all the pictures that are hanging on the wall, with the exception of the Epcot panorama were taken by me)

(this is just my stuff ... my roommate hs 2 spiderman posters hanging on the wall, a skull and crossbones flag, and a Chicago Bears throw blanket hanging on the wall, as well as a "Cubs Win" poster ... I've also got a very cool print of the University of Michigan football stadium, as well as a Detroit Red Wings throw blanket, but that's not quite disney stuff)

I am just MAJORLY obsessed with DisneyWorld. I'm pretty sure we all are since we all belong to the DIS, lol. My parents call me a 'dork' whenever I put on my mouse ears..the gold ones now. I have a healthy obession, that's it. I ,too, smell things that remind me of WDW..especially the monorail smell, which I love riding almost as much as being in the parks. I love to hang out at the hotels around property, my favorites being the Poly, Contemporary, and of course the Grand Floridian...which I will be at in like 2 days!! I met my boyfriend 2 years ago and we found out that we secretly share the same obession...although I think I may be a tiny bit more obesssed than he is. And, we like to save up our money and go back as often as can...we have been twice in the last year..and out next evdeavor will be a 5 night vacation at Polynesian at some point...hopefully in the next year. My family knows what a 'pro' I am at Disney stuff...my Parents planned a surprise trip for us this Christmas and I pretty much took over the whole process of booking dining reservations...hotel reservations...etc. I have called some many times to Disney that I have begun to get some CMs twice! (Wierd I know...what are the odds.)
The best thing...
I had a conference with my English teacher last Spring...I came wearing my Disney World sweatshirt. I had done an advertising project about Disney World and as he is looking over my papers he says.." DisneyWorld...who would ever want to go there? That place is for babies." I am like.."Hello?! Don't you see my sweatshirt?!" Ugh..I kept my mouth shut for fear of my grade, but I will never forget that!!!!

Basically...I am just an obsessed fan who cannot get enough of Walt Disney World and will keep saving up her money to come back!!!!

I have a lot of Disney stuff in my room that I got on my CP. Let's see. I have:
* A Disney painting of the castle (from King's Gallery shop)
* A figurine of Jasmine
* A figurine of Jack-Jack
* A figurine of Boo from Monsters Inc. (all 3 from King's Gallery)
* A poster of the castle decorated for the 50th celebration (signed by the cast of Cinderellabration)
* A Disney calendar
* A HUGE plush Mickey
* Mickey and Minnie dressed for the 50th celebration
* Pal Mickey- 50th celebration
* Framed photos from my CP

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter