Who's had an excavator dig up their yard?

Crankyshank

<font color=CC0066>love the happy bunny<br> <fon
And how much did the tires damage the grass?
We're having one with wide soft tires come in and dig up a couple of stumps and trenches to put in a stockade fence. It will also dig out the rocky slope so we can put in a stone wall and water treatment.

DH might have to ask our sweet elderly neighbor if the excavator can be driven through her back yard in order to get to our yard. I can't seem to get any answers as to how much grass damage to expect. Any ideas?

They can do quite a job on the lawn, especially if it is wet out. You might need to bring in some topsoil and reseed some areas.

agrees with a-c,,, but a good operator will watch for that and back off the job if conditions are bad, if possible, ask if they could lay dunnage plywood to use to cross the yard to the work areas, that will minimize rutting.

I didn't even think to ask about the plywood- I would hate to inconvenience my neighbor and ruin her grass. Thanks!

Dittos, wet weather is not a good time to do it. Good operators can work wonders. We've had good and not so good. The excavator for our pool was amazing. Didn't even know he was there and it was in a tight space. Another time we had some trees removed and he left some big ruts. Filling and reseeding your neighbors grass might be helpful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter