Who's Driving!!

dopeyrunner

Mouseketeer
Hi Everyone,

I thought it would fun to post a thread to see who is driving, when and where. Maybe you could find someone to carpool with down there or make a little CP caravan if there are more than one car going down. Or we could also post tips, idea and questions.

I'm driving from AZ and am leaving on June 16.

Anyone else out there driving?

My fiance and I both are doing the CP, and both bringing our cars (My fiance is into vintage rat look VWs he will be bringing his bus and it is a sight to see)

We are driving from Ozark, AL

We have driven this route about 5 times, it takes about 7 hours

We will be leaving Aug 9 in the morning around 8 or 9 AM, we want to get down there with time to check into our hotel and make it to the dinner at TRex that the Aug 10 group is doing

Driving from Rhode Island to Florida!!!! 24 hours!!!! over 2 days. I'm not excited to drive, I hate long drives, but I'm glad to have a car!!!!
Have a Magical Day!!!
Goofster18

I am planning on driving down from WA at the end of June. Exact dates are fuzzy right now. But hopefully as soon as I finish my finals I will be on the road to Disney!

I am driving down from Iowa. My check in date is May 20th, but I am making it a long road trip. I am planning on leaving Iowa on the 12th, driving to Nashville for a couple days and then continuing down to Orlando and getting there May 19th. Im not real excited about the drive, but I am excited to get to Florida!!

I'm driving from Crown Point IN. It's only 18 to 20 hours drive and it makes it worth it to have a car. I arrive August 12. I can't wait!!!!!!!!

I'm driving from NJ for the June 15 checkin.

Its about a 16 hour drive...not too terrible

I'm driving from the Chicago suburbs! I'm leaving May 15th, getting there the 16th! I'm having some playtime with my mom and my sister before I check in on the 20th!

I won't have a car, but my dad is driving me down (the 4th time he has made this drive). It will take about 19 hours. We probably will leave on Aug 6th, and arrive probably around late morning/early afternoon on Aug 7 (I am hoping to pick up a few character attendant shifts before check-in).

I am driving down from Iowa. My check in date is May 20th, but I am making it a long road trip. I am planning on leaving Iowa on the 12th, driving to Nashville for a couple days and then continuing down to Orlando and getting there May 19th. Im not real excited about the drive, but I am excited to get to Florida!!

You should be excited for stoping in Nashville for a couple of days. I only spent 10 hours there on my road trip last summer. Granted most of those were spent at the bars. I still loved it. If you can drink I highly recomend the Big Bang..

Im Driving down from Louisiana August 24th getting to WDW on the 25th I'm going to drive the whole 12 hours there.Cannot wait love road trips!

You should be excited for stoping in Nashville for a couple of days. I only spent 10 hours there on my road trip last summer. Granted most of those were spent at the bars. I still loved it. If you can drink I highly recomend the Big Bang..

Hey thanks for the recommendation!! My sister lives in Nashville and so I will be staying with her a few days and she will be working a lot while I'm there so I will have to do some adventuring!!

No prob Big Bang is on I think it was Broadway.. Like all the big bars and stores on that street. We stayed at the Hyatt Place across from the Gaylord Palms in Nashville and there is a huge like shopping area at the Gaylord.

I drove across country like twice last summer 19,988 miles (june-october) as a Mobile Marketing Coordinator for the Dew Tour. Hence the 10 hour stop in Nashville on our way to Orlando.
It will be a little different this time around as I won't have a big SUV wraped in graphics with Ryan Sheckler, Shawn White and Ryan Nyquist.lol. Still looking forward to it in June. Just not so much driving through Texas.

I'm driving down from Boston! My father is driving down with me and we plan on leaving early in the morning on May 15th and will arrive sometime on May 17th. We're staying overnight at All-Star Music and then check-in day is May 18th! I've never been on such a long road trip before, so it should be a time.

No prob Big Bang is on I think it was Broadway.. Like all the big bars and stores on that street. We stayed at the Hyatt Place across from the Gaylord Palms in Nashville and there is a huge like shopping area at the Gaylord.

I drove across country like twice last summer 19,988 miles (june-october) as a Mobile Marketing Coordinator for the Dew Tour. Hence the 10 hour stop in Nashville on our way to Orlando.
It will be a little different this time around as I won't have a big SUV wraped in graphics with Ryan Sheckler, Shawn White and Ryan Nyquist.lol. Still looking forward to it in June. Just not so much driving through Texas.

Wow that sounds like alot of fun actually... I am a Marketing Major and just love stuff like that :)

I'm driving down from Boston! My father is driving down with me and we plan on leaving early in the morning on May 15th and will arrive sometime on May 17th. We're staying overnight at All-Star Music and then check-in day is May 18th! I've never been on such a long road trip before, so it should be a time.

Hi! My daughter and her friend have both been accepted and we're arriving on May 19th. We'll also be staying at the All-Star music! Your check in date is the 18th???!! I havent heard of that...theirs is the 20th. It would have been great if you guys could have met up....we're from Chicago, but we spend time every year in Bedford, Gloucester, and down the Cape! I also am familiar with Hingham, Hull, and Pembroke as I know people from those towns! I have a very dear friend who lives in Bedford. I lived in Boston, then Waltham years ago...in the 70's. What role did you get?!!! My daughter will be doing hospitality and her friend is doing housekeeping. My daughter is on the boards --Tashiana T.-- but she's not on too often---she's been swamped because she graduates in a couple of weeks. Will you still be at the All-Star Music on the 19th? Maybe you could meet Tashiana and her friend Judy!

Hi! My daughter and her friend have both been accepted and we're arriving on May 19th. We'll also be staying at the All-Star music! Your check in date is the 18th???!! I havent heard of that...theirs is the 20th. It would have been great if you guys could have met up....we're from Chicago, but we spend time every year in Bedford, Gloucester, and down the Cape! I also am familiar with Hingham, Hull, and Pembroke as I know people from those towns! I have a very dear friend who lives in Bedford. I lived in Boston, then Waltham years ago...in the 70's. What role did you get?!!! My daughter will be doing hospitality and her friend is doing housekeeping. My daughter is on the boards --Tashiana T.-- but she's not on too often---she's been swamped because she graduates in a couple of weeks. Will you still be at the All-Star Music on the 19th? Maybe you could meet Tashiana and her friend Judy!

as far as i know, people checking in the 18th of may are the career start people who were supposed to arrive in feb but their date was pushed back due to disney overbooking them.

as far as i know, people checking in the 18th of may are the career start people who were supposed to arrive in feb but their date was pushed back due to disney overbooking them.

Oh, I see...well, I had never heard of a May 18th check-in so thanks for the explanation!:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter