Who wants to be a DVC sales person?

luna99

Oh great. Now we've got a yeti. - Jamie from Mythb
How much fun do you think it would be to sell DVC? I personally think it would be really great cause you'd get to give people tours of the resorts.. talk to them about all the amenities.. see them get excited over everything... and you know most people who take the tours are probably really interested in buying, maybe they just can't afford it at that time or something...

aaanndd.. you get to see the happy faces of the customers after they make a purchase and know they are going to have great disney vacations for years to come.

I'm sure there's some downsides to it as well.. but it sounds like a dream job! haha.

I don't know if it'd be fun, but it's probably not the most difficult job in the world. ;)

Years ago, I was a realtor and I dealt with "on-site" real estate sales people. As a realtor, my time was a lot more under my control than theirs, and a lot more varied (not always for the better :lmao: ).
I'm not sure if the DVC sales staff functions the same as the usual on-site sales, but if so, the job would be somewhat similar to any that relies on a "captive" audience (vs. having to find your own prospects). The hours are probably fixed, and I would imagine it to be similar to working in a store that sells popular, wonderful products that the sales folk love, too! :goodvibes

That's not a job I could handle. Too stressful for my personality.

However, on the MC that we went on, we met a couple who are employed as DVC van drivers, taking perspective DVCers from their hotel to the showplace. Now that would be fun for me.

Bobbi:goodvibes

How much fun do you think it would be to sell DVC? I personally think it would be really great cause you'd get to give people tours of the resorts.. talk to them about all the amenities.. see them get excited over everything... and you know most people who take the tours are probably really interested in buying, maybe they just can't afford it at that time or something...

aaanndd.. you get to see the happy faces of the customers after they make a purchase and know they are going to have great disney vacations for years to come.

I'm sure there's some downsides to it as well.. but it sounds like a dream job! haha.

I wouldn't want it. The same questions over and over. You don't pick your customers, they are assigned. Heavy duty training and meetings. Being told what to say and what not to say. Sales quotas, and don't forget the toughest one of all, you are dealing with people. ;)

I have thought more than once that I would like to be in DVC sales. Perhaps its because I am currently in sales, or because I love DVC and Disney. To me, its the perfect combination. The long term "job security" is what keeps me from looking into it further. I am still fairly young, and it is tough for me to figure out how or where DVC will still be selling 20 years from now.
:confused:

You must have a FL Real Estate license to be a DVC sales rep at WDW.

Oh and, one of our own DIS'ers Pandy Paws was a Safari Driver at AK for several years!

So much fun to have a friend drive you around the savannah, LOL!

I have thought about this as well. I am in sales already in a recession proof industry. (Medical Software) The problem I would worry about is a serious economic recession. When we have another (Which we will someday) The first thing people will divest themselves of is their DVC contracts. What will happen when the market is flooded with these? You will be competing with them. Oh and I have been working for the same company for 13 years. I have 6 weeks of vacation time. I don't think I could give that up!

I have a pretty extensive sales background and would probably enjoy being a DVC rep. I have worked in business to business & business to consumer sells. It does take a certain type of person to work business to consumer when a long term relationship is involved. Consumers are using their own money. A purchase can be a life event for them. And with DVC you will be assisting the people that buy from you for quite some time. (Up to 50 years! Yikes!) So service will be a large part of your job. Just remember that all DVC members are not the friendly people that frequent these boards. Plus, you will have quotas to make and swing shifts to handle. Our rep gave us an idea of how they work the schedule. You rarely get the same days or times off each week. The schedule works a bit like retail. I know that some of it doesn't sound so great. But it is every salesperson's dream to sale something that he/she is in love with.

My family loves our DVC if it's only 1 or 2 trips a year. I think it would ruin it for us if one of us did it for a living.

You must have a FL Real Estate license to be a DVC sales rep at WDW.

Oh and, one of our own DIS'ers Pandy Paws was a Safari Driver at AK for several years!

So much fun to have a friend drive you around the savannah, LOL!

You must hold a Florida Real Estate license to be a Guide, but I do not think a license is a requirement to work in a park or resort kiosk.

I wouldn't want it. The same questions over and over. You don't pick your customers, they are assigned. Heavy duty training and meetings. Being told what to say and what not to say. Sales quotas, and don't forget the toughest one of all, you are dealing with people. ;)

Yep, I agree. If I had to sell timeshares though, it would be DVC. I couldn't stand being in a job where pressure is applied to the potential buyer.

Ask my husband and he will tell you he thinks I should.......he thinks I should be getting paid for what I do already for free!!! LOL!! I extoll the virtues of being a DVC member:love: :love: :love:

Last trip I was "selling" to people in line who asked about the DVC logo on my hat and the trip before that while riding the SSR bus around the loop with a mom and daughter who were riding to take a look at the resort I started in my "sales" pitch and went over key points of being a member......Also at home anyone who will listen I let them know what it is like being a member and how much I love it.........DH just rolls his eyes!!LOL!

And it can't be as bad as what I do now working in the cellphone industry in customer support/tech support, talk about hard knocks!!! But I can't complain about my current job, because before that I was moving corporate executives internationally. Talk about stress.....

Yeah I would like to sell a few DVC memberships!

Ask my husband and he will tell you he thinks I should.......he thinks I should be getting paid for what I do already for free!!! LOL!! I extoll the virtues of being a DVC member:love: :love: :love:

Last trip I was "selling" to people in line who asked about the DVC logo on my hat and the trip before that while riding the SSR bus around the loop with a mom and daughter who were riding to take a look at the resort I started in my "sales" pitch and went over key points of being a member......Also at home anyone who will listen I let them know what it is like being a member and how much I love it.........DH just rolls his eyes!!LOL!

And it can't be as bad as what I do now working in the cell phone industry in customer support/tech support, talk about hard knocks!!! But I can't complain about my current job, because before that I was moving corporate executives internationally. Talk about stress.....

Yeah I would like to sell a few DVC memberships!

Selling and sharing information because we like DVC is different than selling because it's your job. Just think about the hundreds of people that the Guides spend hours with, that call back with question after question, then go out and buy resale. Now your boss is on your butt and not giving you pay increases because your not meeting your quota. You are told to make a canned presentation of all the places DVC points can be used when you know that other than DVC resorts, it's not the best deal or next to impossible to get. What about giving the impression that rooms are easy to book when you know that Members will be on the phones fighting to book day by day. I just wouldn't make a good Guide. For that matter I couldn't sell over priced cell phone contracts with a several hundred dollar buyout clause. ;)

I thought the same thing! My friends say I'm such a Disney and DVC fanatic, I should sell it. But I think my enthusiasm would scare off a few people who aren't as into all things Disney as I am.

Well you should talk to my DF! Last night in the car I asked him if we could do a disney trip once every other year.. if he could handle that.. and he said yes.. so I started talking about DVC and all the benefits of it and he said he just didn't see the value of it and that someone would have to really convince him and it wasn't going to be a DISNEY DVC SALESPERSON! haha.

wanna send him an email for me? ;) :rotfl2:

I may end up just saving some money and buying DVC on my own without him! :rolleyes1

Actually I just got a degree in Marketing and International Business and now am going for my Masters in the same subject and selling for Disney is exactly what I want to do with it!

Actually I just got a degree in Marketing and International Business and now am going for my Masters in the same subject and selling for Disney is exactly what I want to do with it!

wow! how exciting .. good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter