~!Who knew you could relax in Disney?~Mother/Daughter Tr~5/2 May Trip Plans Days 5-8

I'm here too! So glad to hear you had a great trip!!!! Relaxing at Disney is the BEST. :thumbsup2

I gotta come back and look at the trash can pictures again tomorrow morning...I'm sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeepy right now and can't hardly think! :laughing:

Joining in:thumbsup2

Can't wait to hear all about it and it was neat how you happened to be walking right past us that day.

Looking forward to more:goodvibes

Yay! I was so excited that we got to see you! You were the only DISer we saw the entire trip! Let us know when you start your TR!

Hi! I just found your trip report and when I saw that you go to EMU I had to sign up (I go to MSU, so I'm just a bit down the road lol)! I took a mother/daughter trip myself in March and I'm planning one for (hopefully) this coming May! I'm excited to hear about your trip and possibly getting ideas how to relax on my next trip so when I get home I don't say "I need a vacation" :lmao:

Welcome! That's awesome that you go to MSU I love finding other Michigan people on the DIS! Thank you! There will be plenty of tips on relaxing!

Wow all these Michiganders here! I go to U of M, but I had to post that I went to the MSU game Saturday at Ford Field. It was a lot of fun, I felt a little guilty cheering for MSU but it's all good fun. Caitlin, my son's girlfriend goes to EMU now, wouldn't that be something if you guys knew each other!! lol He goes to Wayne State do we have any WSU students on here. We should all study together. lol (which is what I am supposed to be doing yet I find myself on HERE! haha)

I know I am shocked by how many people live in Michigan and are on the DIS! That's awesome that your son's gf goes to EMU it is such a small campus I might have seen her walking around :laughing: The DIS and Facebook are usually my distractions from studying :laughing:

joining in, love your trip reports....

KIM

Welcome and thank you!

I'm here too! So glad to hear you had a great trip!!!! Relaxing at Disney is the BEST. :thumbsup2

I gotta come back and look at the trash can pictures again tomorrow morning...I'm sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeepy right now and can't hardly think! :laughing:

Welcome! Thank you it was such a good trip! Can't wait to hear about your trip! I am anxious to hear what you thought of Boardwalk! Let us know when you start your TR!

Just in case we don't get to much pin trading before you go here is some info. Basically every CM wears a pin lanyard or some have a little keychain cloth hanging from their belt loops. Your kids can ask any CM to trade and ask for whatever pin they want and they can trade whichever one of their pins they want to. There are a lot of special sets out there but I usually just trade for whichever pin I like :laughing: The CMs are really nice and if your kids see any pins in the stores that they like tell them to search CMs for it! I have found a lot of pins I like just by looking for them! Also your kids can just walk up to CMs and ask to see their pins and not have to trade with them. It is really easy and your kids may be shy at first but I am sure after they get used to it they will become pin trading pros!

You are right you can send them in today :)

Thanks Caitlin for all this pin trading information , I really appreciate it !! I actually had no idea how it worked until now !

We are so close to trying your tips out just 3 days !! Woo Hoo !!:woohoo:

Hope I don't get to far behind on everyone's report , I have the disboards i-phone app but it is so hard to find the reports your subscribe to on there and I find it a little hard to keep track of what I'm reading .

Hey Everybody!:wave2:
Just a reminder to send in your contest guesses today! Caitlin worked really hard planning and has a cool prize :cool2: so send in your entries!

We should have our first entry up soon! :)

Welcome! Thank you it was such a good trip! Can't wait to hear about your trip! I am anxious to hear what you thought of Boardwalk! Let us know when you start your TR!

We had a WONDERFUL trip, also our best yet! :thumbsup2 LOVED the BW!!! I'm anxious to hear what you guys thought of it too.

I did start the TR - so shameless plug...:rolleyes1 Basking in the Glow of the (not so) Creepy Clown.

Gotta go check out those garbage can pics now!

Thanks Caitlin for all this pin trading information , I really appreciate it !! I actually had no idea how it worked until now !

We are so close to trying your tips out just 3 days !! Woo Hoo !!:woohoo:

Hope I don't get to far behind on everyone's report , I have the disboards i-phone app but it is so hard to find the reports your subscribe to on there and I find it a little hard to keep track of what I'm reading .
Np I am addicted so I am happy to share some info!

Yay! I am excited for your trip I can't wait to hear all about MNSSHP!

That's the hardest part of a disney trip catching up on the trs once you get back :laughing:

We had a WONDERFUL trip, also our best yet! :thumbsup2 LOVED the BW!!! I'm anxious to hear what you guys thought of it too.

I did start the TR - so shameless plug...:rolleyes1 Basking in the Glow of the (not so) Creepy Clown.

Gotta go check out those garbage can pics now!

Yay! I am so happy for you! We loved it as well the only thing we didn't like about it was the lack of CS places :sad2: quite the story we have about that :laughing:

The winner of our first contest is.....
Brookelizabeth!!!!

PM me your address and we will get your prize in the mail!

The answers were
1.)Magic Kingdom outside Casey's
2.) Epcot Morocco in the Tangerine Cafe
3.)Magic Kingdom near the Train Station
4.)Innoventions East Stormstruck
5.)Epcot World Showcase in between the UK and France

hopefully sometime today my mom will post our first update!

Hey Caitlin. Cute contest idea with the trash cans. I'm a little sorry I missed the fun, but looking at the photos and the answers, I think I would have only gotten two right. Amusingly enough, I knew exactly where the MK ones were but not the EPCOT ones.

Looking forward to the next update.

Hey Caitlin. Cute contest idea with the trash cans. I'm a little sorry I missed the fun, but looking at the photos and the answers, I think I would have only gotten two right. Amusingly enough, I knew exactly where the MK ones were but not the EPCOT ones.

Looking forward to the next update.

Thank you! I had a lot of fun taking pictures of garbage cans for the contest :laughing: I never realized how hard Disney works to blend in everyday things! I never knew every land had its own style of garbage can :laughing:

The winner of our first contest is.....
Brookelizabeth!!!!

PM me your address and we will get your prize in the mail!

The answers were
1.)Magic Kingdom outside Casey's
2.) Epcot Morocco in the Tangerine Cafe
3.)Magic Kingdom near the Train Station
4.)Innoventions East Stormstruck
5.)Epcot World Showcase in between the UK and France

hopefully sometime today my mom will post our first update!

HOLY COW!!!!!!!!!!!! I never expected THAT! :yay: I'm a good guesser. :laughing: I will admit it does help being just back from the World. ;)

August 29th, our travel day, began very early for us! The alarm clock began singing at the early hour of 5:30am but we had all had a pretty restless night. That little boy in the old Disney commercial summed it up best with "I'm too excited to sleep!!"

We were all to dress in our matchy-matchy clothes that I had so carefully planned out HOWEVER....Dale had another idea. He didn't want to wear the shirt I had oh so carefully picked out. Nope. He wanted to wear something else. He did chose a Hawaiian shirt which happened to go with our evening dinner plans so I went along with his choice. Afterall, I had packed for the whole family so he pretty much had no say for the rest of the week :laughing:

My dad picked us up EXACTLY at 6:15 as we had planned and had us to Detroit Metro airport at 6:33.

We quickly checked our bag at the Delta counter and by 6:50 we had made our way through TSA. The biggest surprise was that Dale was not stopped at TSA. They always stop him! I don't know if he looks like trouble or what but they always frisk him.

Our flight was departing from the "new" (relatively speaking) terminal and we loved this fountain!
0a26524e.png

The water jumped back and forth and it was pretty cool! [a little trivia for you:the George Clooney movie "Up in the Air" filmed several scenes in this terminal-betcha didn't know this was an educational TR]

Since our flight was not due to leave until 8:30 we had plenty of time so we stopped at a very fancy place and enjoyed a gourmet breakfast.....

603e185b.png

6bfa1227.png

Now McD's is known for greasy food but this was the worst bacon,egg and cheese biscuit ever! It was literally soaked in grease! YUCK!

After we ate all the grease we could stomach, Dale says to me"you know you have toothpaste on your shirt, don't you?" We had now been at the airport for over an hour, and he tells me I have toothpaste on my shirt? So I dug through the carryon and found a different tshirt to put on but of course it didn't match them. We weren't even out of Detroit and my outfit planning had fallen apart!

I quickly changed shirts and then we headed down to gate76 to wait for our departure. I spent the next hour falling in love with the Ipad :lovestruc I loved being able to check my email and facebook while waiting. I may have even checked on things at the Dis.

Around 8:30 we FINALLY were called to board the plane :yay: We took our seats and Caitlin loved what she found there! No not a cute college boy :rotfl: we discovered the back of each seat had it's own tv screen. Caitlin got a kick out of watching the safety video on tv and then she found some cartoons (yes she really is 20!) and Dale turned his to HGTV. When Caitlin bored of Spongebob she and I played the Toy Story 3 app we had bought for the Ipad, "Operation Camoflauge". It was supposed to be an all ages game, and was a little tricky, but we played through in 20 minutes! So yeah it was way too short! We then moved on to a few games of Uno. I won't tell you who won but I will say I think someone may have cheated :rolleyes1 How else could she have won right? :lmao:

After almost 3.5 hours we finally landed at MCO! We grabbed our carry-ons and were quickly off that plane and headed toward the ME area. We were going so quickly that Dale stopped and asked us if we knew where we were going. Afterall, Caitlin and I are usually directionally challenged BUT after all our trips we know MCO very well!

We were quickly down the escalator and saw those welcoming Mickey hands :cool1: We were pointed down the red carpet and then we......

waited.

And waited.

AND WAITED!!

We saw 2 buses come and go for the MK resorts, another for the values and then FINALLY after 30 minutes it was our turn :woohoo:
f8afc4a4.png

Then we boarded the bus and waited some more! Then we looked out and it began pouring! We had plans! It couldn't rain! We were getting pretty cranky at this point. And then the movie began...you know the movie. Mickey and the gang welcoming you and checking into the Grand Floridian. Well just like that all the crankiness stopped because we were "HOME" :banana:

We watched the movie as it rained and I tried to figure out how to adjust our plans for the day. But guess what? As soon as we saw this

1395dc09.png

the rain stopped! And it did not rain again until we were at the airport to go home :dance3:

Caitlin began feverishly snapping pics through the window

4719805f.png

249bf97a.png

2a3a4a30.png

And then we saw this
c8b196ba.png

We were so excited to be at the Boardwalk. You see, this was our first time staying deluxe as a family. (when I was a kid we always stayed at the Poly but at that time your only choices were the CR or Poly) I always figured the important thing was JUST BEING AT DISNEY. Where we stayed, as long as it was clean and on property, didn't matter a whole lot. Even though I felt that way I always dreamed of staying at the BW or BC and now thanks to awesome pin codes we were doing just that! :dance3:

As soon as the doors opened I just about ran off that bus and into the lobby! When I got to the checkin there were no other guests waiting so I was immediately helped. It was then that I began to tear up. I don't know what it is about Disney but I tear up all the time there. Good tears. Happy tears :goodvibes:
Our room wasn't ready so we decided to grab some lunch and then hit one of the parks. So we headed down to the boardwalk and grabbed lunch at.....well since Caitlin is the foodie I'll let her tell you all about that. Before I go though, how about a tour of the beautiful lobby?

disneysummer2010013.jpg

disneysummer2010015.jpg

disneysummer2010016.jpg

disneysummer2010017.jpg

Thanks for reading!

Nice start guys!
Can't wait to hear all about the BW and the BC.
We definitely want to try them one day!

Nice start guys!
Can't wait to hear all about the BW and the BC.
We definitely want to try them one day!

Thank you!

We absolutely loved both resorts and would love to stay at either again next year! We have lots of pictures to share! :)

If your kids enjoy swimming, Stormalong Bay really is the best :thumbsup2

Thank you!

We absolutely loved both resorts and would love to stay at either again next year! We have lots of pictures to share! :)

If your kids enjoy swimming, Stormalong Bay really is the best :thumbsup2

We visited the Beach Club and Stormalong Bay on our last trip.
It looked really cool.
So cool that DD5 got too close and even fell in - but that's another story...

We visited the Beach Club and Stormalong Bay on our last trip.
It looked really cool.
So cool that DD5 got too close and even fell in - but that's another story...

She fell in?! :eek: Oh No! I hope it wasn't too scary for all of you!

She fell in?! :eek: Oh No! I hope it wasn't too scary for all of you!

Nah, it wasn't as bad as it sounds.
She stepped in (onto the ledge where the water flows into the filters).
As she was about mid-way into her next step, I reached out and grabbed her.
Her shoes and socks were soaked and we were dumbfounded at her cluelessness but it wasn't too bad.
Although I just gave away one of the stories from my TR.
Oh well - what better way to kick off a friend's TR? :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter