Who knew choking each other would earn us fastpasses?

So sorry to hear the news! it is so sad to think that such a young person was dealing with such personal problems that it had to come to that. Will definately be keeping all the children and families in my prayers.

Hunter and all his friends are in my thoughts and prayers. What an awful thing to go thru.... I'm so sorry.

Lisa, I'm so sorry to hear this heartbreaking news! What a horrible thing for Hunter to have to go through. My thoughts and prayers are with everyone! :grouphug:

Lisa, that is so sad. The teen years are becoming so tough for some kids. It is scary for us parents. We can only hope that with love and attention as well as an interest in our child's lives, we can help to guide them through the rough patches. Hunter and his classmates will definately be in my thoughts and prayers.

Such a sad thing. I'll keep the family and all the children affected by this in my prayers. I hope Hunter is doing well. :hug: A student in our district passed yesterday, not by tragedy, but by a birth defect. She outlived her projected life span of 5 years and made it to 16, and actually went to prom last Saturday!
May God bless them:grouphug:

I love CP, but I don't know if I would want my meal interrupted by the notoriously crazy Brazilian teenagers. How Annoying! Ugh!:sad2:

Haven't posted in a while. But Oh my goodness. Poor Hunter. I hope he is OK. I will be thinking of him and his classmates. I had a friend pass away when she was 15 from a brain aneurysm, not suicide, but still a very big unexpected shock. I was devastated so I know how he feels.

Oh my goodness. I am so sorry for Hunter, his classmates and most of all the boy's family for this tragedy.

What a difficult thing to have to go through at such a young age. I'm so glad Hunter has a mom who can talk with him about his feelings. He is in my prayers as well as the family of the boy and the school community.

Oh wow, I'm so sorry to hear about Hunter's friend, my prayers are with him and the rest of the students. :hug:

Lisa I'm so sorry to hear the news and I hope Hunter is doing as well as can be expected. I just can't imagine how the boys parents are handleing this its so sad.

That is terrible about Hunter's friend! I had a cousin commit suicide when he was 20 and that was rough. I can't imagine how hard for a 13 yr old to cope! Suicide is such a terrible thing for the survivors to deal with! Prayers going up!

I'm so sorry about Hunter's friend. I will keep his family and friends in my prayers. Sometimes young people can be so impulsive. Things get rough, and a snap decision becomes permanent when they wouldn't do it if they only took a little time to think. So very sad.

Oh Lisa...I'm so sorry to hear about Hunter's friend. I'll keep Hunter, his friends and the family in my thoughts and prayers.:hug:

I would like to ask that you keep Hunter and his classmates in your thoughts and prayers. One of the boys who was in the orchestra with Hunter killed himself this weekend. He was only 13 years old. The school had counselors come in to talk with the kids today and will be there tomorrow also. Hunter and I talked for a while this evening and he is upset as the boy was a friend of his. Of course, the talk turned to "if you ever ever ever feel like your life is worth nothing, you are to talk with someone immediately" and ended with lots of hugs and "I love you"s.

I totally missed this yesterday, hence my lack of response. I am so terribly sorry. I went to a different church this weekend and the priest specifically gave a sermon about suicide because apparently the rate is rising quite dramatically. He said something very interesting and that is to always remember that our bodies are not ours to own, rather we are stewards for them and it is our job to nuture and perserve them. Sort of a difficult concept for a despondent teenager, but something that caused me to pause and think a little bit differently about my responsibilities. My prayers are with Hunter, his friend's parents and family, and your community. That is a tragedy that should never have happened.

Haven't posted in a while. But Oh my goodness. Poor Hunter. I hope he is OK. I will be thinking of him and his classmates. I had a friend pass away when she was 15 from a brain aneurysm, not suicide, but still a very big unexpected shock. I was devastated so I know how he feels.

Oh my goodness. I am so sorry for Hunter, his classmates and most of all the boy's family for this tragedy.

What a difficult thing to have to go through at such a young age. I'm so glad Hunter has a mom who can talk with him about his feelings. He is in my prayers as well as the family of the boy and the school community.

Oh wow, I'm so sorry to hear about Hunter's friend, my prayers are with him and the rest of the students. :hug:

Lisa I'm so sorry to hear the news and I hope Hunter is doing as well as can be expected. I just can't imagine how the boys parents are handleing this its so sad.

I'm so sorry to hear about Hunter's friend...how upsetting. :hug:

So sorry to hear about Hunter's friend. That family and Hunter are in my prayers.

That is terrible about Hunter's friend! I had a cousin commit suicide when he was 20 and that was rough. I can't imagine how hard for a 13 yr old to cope! Suicide is such a terrible thing for the survivors to deal with! Prayers going up!

I'm so sorry about Hunter's friend. I will keep his family and friends in my prayers. Sometimes young people can be so impulsive. Things get rough, and a snap decision becomes permanent when they wouldn't do it if they only took a little time to think. So very sad.

Oh Lisa...I'm so sorry to hear about Hunter's friend. I'll keep Hunter, his friends and the family in my thoughts and prayers.:hug:

I totally missed this yesterday, hence my lack of response. I am so terribly sorry. I went to a different church this weekend and the priest specifically gave a sermon about suicide because apparently the rate is rising quite dramatically. He said something very interesting and that is to always remember that our bodies are not ours to own, rather we are stewards for them and it is our job to nuture and perserve them. Sort of a difficult concept for a despondent teenager, but something that caused me to pause and think a little bit differently about my responsibilities. My prayers are with Hunter, his friend's parents and family, and your community. That is a tragedy that should never have happened.

Oh no! That is horrible, and so sad. That little boy must have been hurting really bad to end up doing such a thing. :(

Sending lots of positive vibes Hunter's way.

That's so sad to hear. I am keeping Hunter and his friends in my thoughts.

So sorry to hear the news! it is so sad to think that such a young person was dealing with such personal problems that it had to come to that. Will definately be keeping all the children and families in my prayers.

Hunter and all his friends are in my thoughts and prayers. What an awful thing to go thru.... I'm so sorry.

Lisa, I'm so sorry to hear this heartbreaking news! What a horrible thing for Hunter to have to go through. My thoughts and prayers are with everyone! :grouphug:

Lisa, that is so sad. The teen years are becoming so tough for some kids. It is scary for us parents. We can only hope that with love and attention as well as an interest in our child's lives, we can help to guide them through the rough patches. Hunter and his classmates will definately be in my thoughts and prayers.

Such a sad thing. I'll keep the family and all the children affected by this in my prayers. I hope Hunter is doing well. :hug: A student in our district passed yesterday, not by tragedy, but by a birth defect. She outlived her projected life span of 5 years and made it to 16, and actually went to prom last Saturday!
May God bless them:grouphug:

Thank you all so very much! I thought that the boy was 13 but he was just 12. Every time I thought about him yesterday, I would tear up. I would remember back to when I was 12 and I didn't have a care in the world beside...Whose house all of us neighborhood kids were going to congregate in after school? Would the rain pass so we could explore the field around our house? Wondering what Mama was cooking for dinner? Etc. I guess I grew up in a "white picket fence" household and didn't see or deal with the things that other kids did but I sure don't remember the world being like it is today.

Hunter said that the counselors were still at the school yesterday and any student who wanted to talk to them were excused for their tardiness/absence from class. I'm glad that the school recognizes the need for the kids to talk.....maybe they should have had a program like that implemented before such a tragedy occurred.

Again, thank you all for your thoughts and prayers!

***In a bit, I'll be back to post more pictures and information about a change I made this morning.:rolleyes:

Looks like you'll had a good time at CP. We love the breakfast here, it's always a must do each trip. We've never had dinner ther may have to try dinner one day

We've discussed eating breakfast at the Crystal Palace simply so we could get into the park early but we aren't big breakfast eaters.

If we are eating in the park MK the Crystal Palace is the place for us. We fortunately never experienced the fishbowl effect though by sitting near the windows.

Too funny that you took a picture of the pants. That is one seriously brave individual to wear those out and about.

You mom needs to be a bit careful on where she is pointing that knife :scared1:

SANY3870.jpg

The pants the guy was wearing was something else. For some reason, they made me think about the movie Caddyshack.

I didn't even notice the position of Mama's knife. Maybe she was sending Tigger a message to back off!:laughing:

Too funny about the pants I guess he thought he looked "hot". Or maybe those are his fancy vacation pants?

Sorry you had to sit near the loud farthead teenagers don't you hate it when people take away from the magic?

It looks like you had a great meal. Hunters plate looks like Rivers plate but he might have added some mashed potatoes to it:laughing:

Can't wait to hear about Wishs

If those pants were his fancy pants, then I'd hate to see his every day wear.:rotfl:

The teenagers were definitely fartheads. They were so rude, pushy and loud and it did take away from the overall experience.

:rotfl2: Fancy vacation pants! :lmao:

We've only been to CP once, but loved it! There was something there for everyone, and I see even Hunter agrees!

Hunter is such a picky eater and I always know that he'll find something he'll like if we eat at Crystal Palace. That boy could eat pizza for every meal every day.:sad2:

Maybe those black and white pants were very comfortable and the guy didn't realize they were a bit...flashy? :lmao:

Looks like a great dinner at CP! I can't wait for our lunch there in October. :yay:

Oh they were definitely "flashy". :laughing:

Lisa, Photobucket is acting up again and I can't see your pictures of CP. And I WANT to see your pictures! I really enjoy the food there, and everyone can find something they like. I DISLIKE chaperones who don't do their job!

They are back up! The teenagers' chaperones were just sitting there doing absolutely nothing. Ticked me off!:mad:

HI!!

I am a newbie to your TR and enjoying reading it so much but your photobucket says you have exceeded your bandwidth (which I actually do nt find hard to believe with all the great pics you take of your trips!!:lmao:)

But shucks!! I was right in the middle and they all went POOF!!

Hopefully you can get that fixed soon!!

I am just loving that your mama went to Disney with you and she seeems to be getting along so well and you can tell she is young at heart!!!

Welcome! The pictures are back up and showing again!

Mama is going with again this May and is just as excited as we are.

Love the black and white pants! :rotfl2: I would totally take a picture of that too.

I have never done a Character Meal anywhere :guilty: Next trip I definitely will.

I tried taking a picture of another guy wearing Mickey ears. He had a really big head and the elastic was so tight and smooshed into his chin and face that you could hardly see it.

Dinner at CP looks great. We are going to have to try it one year, we just always end up there at breakfast so we can get into the park early.

I'd love to try breakfast too but we aren't big breakfast eaters and I can't seem to justify the expense (or use of table service credits).

love the picture of pooh and Hunter.

Thanks! I thought they turned out pretty good too.

Nice Pants

I feel wierded out when people stare at me while I'm eating. I hate it when I'm seated close to the front of a busy resturant and the people waiting can see me. I feel like they are thinking "hurry up, I'm hungry too:mad:"

We love the CP too. I was a good morning when we went there!

John used to hate eating in restaurants simply because the people waiting would stare at him. We sure felt like we were in a fishbowl that day.

looks like a wonderful dinner! and wonderful time! such a shame the girls did not know how to behave; I'm all for having fun and being silly but not at the expense of the people around...HOW RUDE!
great picture of Hunter and Pooh! I can't wait for Ashton to meet with them; both years we were able to wave to the characters but I never wanted to wait out their lines...in the hot sun! I felt so bad for the guys in those costumes! :sad:

Have a great evening! Lisa

I completely agree with you. There's always a time and place for silliness (just look at all of my pictures) but these kids were being downright rude.

Great post!
The CP is one place I have always wanted to go....hopefully, next trip???
Looking forward to the Wishes post!

When we stayed offsite, we normally only ate at counter service restaurants. Once we started purchasing the dining plan and tried the Crystal Palace, we were hooked!

Ugh at those annoying teenage girls pretending not to speak English. Good for the CM to catch them and start speaking Spanish!

Great pictures!

We actually laughed when the CM came out and started speaking Spanish. You should have seen the looks on those girls' faces.;)

I love CP too. Who doesn't love Pooh and gang?
Those pants are...ah...sexy?????...:lmao:

I think I'll let the guy keep the sexy pants and I'll stick with my non-sexy ones.:thumbsup2

I am not much into character meals, but I do love the food at the CP buffet. Yum!

What I do when people start to stare at me (and that is pretty often...just have that kind of face), I pull out my camera and point it at them. Usually makes them look away. :rolleyes:

As for the girls ... I know exactly what you are talking about. I hate to sound stereotypical, but when we were there in December 2008, the parks were overloaded with groups of teens from Brazil and they all seemed to act very rude, obnoxious and pushy. While we were standing up along a wall for Illuminations, a group of Brazilian teen girls started pushing in on our space. I mean, I know it can get crowded, but these girls were rediculous! They were actually sitting on the ground behind us and LEANING on the back of my legs!!! DH said something to them about moving and getting off me and they played the "I don't understand English" stuff. Well, DH went off on them ... in Tagalog! They may not have understood WHAT he was saying, but they sure got the point and moved back a couple feet. It was rather amusing. :lmao:

Loved the story. Sometimes, the rudest of rude people need to be put into their place. Sounds like your husband was able to do just that.:thumbsup2

Sounds like an interesting dinner at CP. We have been for lunch- the food was really good. Tigger never made it to our table by the time we were ready to leave. He's my favorite character from the 100-acre-woods and I was sad not to see him. :tigger:

You really did encounter some interesting characters that afternoon! PLUS you got to meet Pooh and the Gang!

Looking foward to your Wishes finale! Hopefully a great capper to your day.

Tigger didn't make it to your table? Even with the pesky teenagers, he came to our's twice.

We really enjoy CP! We had lunch there in Feb and DD1 still talks about her favorite: Pig-el-et.

:lmao:

She won't say it with two syllables for some reason...it always has to be three.

I was surprised that the food was as good as it was. I wasn't expecting much.

And I absolutely hate the people staring in the window. Of course, if I mention something about it to DH, he has to start chewing with his mouth open and stuffing food in his mouth like a pig, so I just keep it to myself. :rotfl:

You do know that I'm now going to start calling Piglet Pig-el-et, don't you? Too sweet.

Oh my gosh! Your husband so sounds like John. He would do something like that just to disgust the people watching him.

My goodness, Lisa!! Those black & white pants will haunt my nightmares. :lmao::rotfl::rotfl2: That is a pet peeve of mine, though- to have people who are waiting for a table watch you eat. It's like they think they can will you to eat faster by staring!
The food looks really good at CP. I have to get back there someday soon!

The pants were quite an eye-catcher. In some of my Epcot pictures, I have a picture of two girls dressed in what we could only describe as "French maid" clothes. Remember on America's Next Top Model, the season that had Ann, Eva and YaYa, and they had to dress in those weird thigh high socks and crazy clothes? Well, that's very similar to how those two girls were dressed.:scared1:

Crystal Palace looks so good...it is making me even more excited about our trip! (I really don't think I could eb more excited--I just may explode!!! :lmao:)

We love Crystal Palace! The fire roasted corn spoon bread is our favorite item on the menu. Yummy!

Glad you had a nice meal at Crystal Palace! I would have found the people staring at me through the window incredibly disconcerting as well! It's like, aren't there more interesting things to look at in Disney besides people trying to eat?? :laughing:

I know! Why couldn't they just turn around and look at the beautiful castle in front of them instead of the things on my plate?:sad2:

Hi Lisa:goodvibes

Love all your pictures of Crystal Palace. Glad you enjoyed your meal there. We loved it when we went with my parents. I can't wait to go back again.:thumbsup2

:laughing:Too funny about the black and white pants!

I remember when you guys went and how good of a time you had. Oh yeah, the black and white pants......:rotfl2:

Awww...I love Winnie the Pooh and his friends! Piglet is the only one we have not yet had a chance to meet. We may have to hit CP in order to do that. The food looks so good!

HA...the black pants...too funny!! :rotfl: You crack me up because I can see us trying to take a picture of the black pants too! We tried once to get a picture of a waitress at Applebee's who was wearing one of those "bump-its" in her hair. She really looked ridiculous! You should have seen us trying to be discrete while taking a picture with our cell phones! :lmao: Seriously....you and I may be trouble if we ever do get to meet face to face!

Missy, you and I would have to be separated or we'd be in so much trouble!:lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter