Who is on the Oct 5th "Wonder" Cruise?

Hi Peggy:

I was looking back at your first post. You were concerned that no one was going to be on the cruise. What a happy surprise that so many Disboarders are going.

I hope that I can meet a lot of you at Parrot Cay our first day. :D

Tracy and Peggy,
Thanks so much for your kind thoughts. Right now, if it stays on its current course, Isabel will hopefully only skirt us and it'll be a bit windy, but that should be all. I'm relieved. We weren't here for Hurricane Hugo, but heard how bad it was here. My thoughts, now, are for the folks on the coast. I'm so relieved that it didn't hit the bahamas head-on. I'm so looking forward to going to CC. I know what you mean about packing. I thought I was pretty organized...collecting all the "must haves" for the trip. Now they all sit in a large rubbermaid container waiting to be sorted and packed. It's looks overwhelming. I guess I start with one kid at a time. My DH is on his own:) Let me know if you want to meet somewhere on the first day. Parrot Cay sounds good (unless they send us up to Topsiders). Listen to me....you'd think I've been on this ship already, and its my first cruise! See what these boards have done to me:) I've enjoyed this whole planning process and sharing it with all of you over the past several months. We're on the home stretch now! Yahoo!!!!
Best Wishes,
Laura

Laura and Peggy - you two are packing already!:eek: I've only just thought about it. Oh course, I only pack for myself and my daughter - my husband is on his own.

Its going to be difficult to do any sort of meet - there is so little time. I suggest we try and meet at Parrot Cay/Topsiders when we first get on - but I bet everyone rushes off at 1:30 to make spa/Palo reservations. I still wish we had a day at sea rather than Freeport.

BTW, I told my husband that Disboarders wear the green Mickeys (or green ribbons) to identify themselves. He couldn't believe that we would wear a paint sample. I guess it does sound kind of silly.

Laura, I'm glad you don't seem to be in Isabel's path. I've never been in a hurricane (a few earthquakes though), but they would scare me half to death. Tornadoes scare me the most, however, probably from watching the "Wizard of Oz" as a kid.

Can you think of another palce to meet?

I know they just sat everyone all over Parrots Cay. It will be hard to meet there. We might be able to make it work. Let me know your thoughts.

I know the first d.ay is so busy for everyone. Make ressie's, sailaway party and getting ready for dinner. Plus don't forget the show.

I wish there was a better place to meet.
Not that Parrot's Cay is a bad place but everyone will be trying to eat. Plus we may be on on completely different sides of the resturant.

Maybe we could have a meet at port before we board.

What time is everyone planning on arriving?

Any suggestions would be great.

I thought early on Monday but I don't want to interfer with anyone who is going into port.

Man, I had no idea it would be this hard. LOL!

Laura, glad to know that it looks like Huricane Is. will be blowing past you. We're wondering what kind of weather it will bring us in the Philadelphia area--we got dumped on with Floyd, but did much better than some people.

Tracie: You're kidding me--I thought I was the only one with a tornado phobia brought on by childhood viewings of Wizard of Oz! I wonder how many of us are out there? I still have nightmares and I'm 41!:p

Looking forward to seeing everyone on board!

We're staying with friends at their home near Orlando the night before the cruise. We plan on getting to port early between 10 and noon. I don't want to miss a thing!
I guess its a little silly wearing a paint chip, but its a good conversation piece! Packing? I wish it looked like packing....in my box is a hat, bonine, shoe organizer, post its, tshirt, bubbles,etc....if I didn't know any better it looks more like I'm having a yard sale:)
Speaking of packing...what do you wear during the day? Shorts? Bathing suits/coverups? What do you wear into the restaurants at breakfast and lunch? How about the shows during the day? I've heard all the debates for the evenings. I'm ready for that. I know you're supposed to pack half of what you think you'll need.
Whew, so much to consider, but oh, so worth it! I'm ready for a massage!
Laura

Everyone who wants to meet other Dis'ers.

Here is the plan:
If you haven't gotten your lime green Mickey paint chip from Home Depot, get them. If you plan on wearing a lanyard put the Mickey on it. Put your Dis'ers user name on it. This way when another Dis'ers see you they will feel welcomed to speak.

You could also put lime green ribbon on your lanyard. For anyone who does not know what lanyard is... it is a necklace like item you wear around your neck that has a pouch on it that you can place a credit card size card in. Your Key tothe World will fit in it. It is a great way to carry your card around. I picked my up at WalMart in the Jewlery Dept. with the billfolds.

By the way when we went on our first DCL in Dec. I put my 3 yrs old card in with mine and both cards messed up. I was told later not to every let to cards touch due to it will cause them not to work any longer.

If you don't have a lanyard and don't plan on getting a lanyard. Just put that Lime Green Mickey somewhere that the rest of us can see.

Don't be shy to say Hi.

If anyone is concerned about someone always wanting to hang with you if they meet. I don't believe this is what anyone has in mind. I think we all just think it would be nice to put a face with a name and to see a face around the ship you know.

So be on the look out at Port before boarding and at Parrot Cay. You just might be standing beside or eating with a Dis'er.

Have you every thought of this...
Some of us could be scheduled to share a table at Dinner.

We have Main Seating. I am hoping for PTA rotation.

On our last DCL we wear shorts and Tshirts/ shirts to Breaksfast and Lunch. Once at Topsider's for lunch we did have our swim suits on under our shorts and shiirt or coverup. Of course it seemed easier for my DH and DS they have thier trucks on and all they had to do was put on a shirt. We went to Parrot Cay and Topsider's for Breakfast and Lunch. Both are good. We really like Parrot Cay. If you go to Pluto's, Scoops, Pinocchio's and/or Outlook Bar you can stand in line in your Swimsuit. These resturants are right at the pools. I believe you can wear shorts to Trinton's if you are having breakfast or lunch there. We did not have lunch there.
You can't go wrong with shorts and shirts during the day. This should be okay for the shows during the day. The shows at night we just wear what we had on for dinner. Got to play dress up a little longer.
Some people run back to thier rooms and change before the show and come in shorts.

As far as packing half of what you need. I always over pack. I don't want to wash clothes when I am on the ship.I want to enjoy every minute.

Another place to do a meet of this size would be the sale away party. Since there are a lot of kids, how about near the goofy pool? It would be great to have a group as we sing and dance with Mickey.

How are you attaching the paint chips to your lanyards? inquiring minds need to plan early.

I have soo much to pack since I have the extra week in the World, we are trying not to do laundry, but i think we might have to. I'll have a better idea of this by the end of the week.

Hopefully, the hurricane will dissolve before it does any damage in the US.

Can't wait to Go!!!

Lulu: My thoughts are with you while Isabel passes by. I know the Philly area has been socked with rain all spring and summer and just this past week also. Hopefully, it will continue to downgrade.
Tracie: Count another one who fears tornados. Also, hurricanes are rough, but at least we get warnings. I don't know how you do it with earthquakes.
Peggy: Your ideas sound great. PamCo's are possible too. I'll just keep a lookout for our green mickey's. I agree. It's a nice way to put a face to a name and to break the ice when you get on board. It's alittle intimidating to be in such a crowd of strangers, but to have a few familiar faces during our travels, whether waiting in line for something, or passing in the halls, or at the parties or meals. Peggy, thanks also for the info on attire. It helped alot. I'm just starting to decide what to take and just like a woman, I can't make up my mind, plus I know I'll change my mind a million times before I go:)
Pamco: best wishes on your wedding plans. Hope its everything you've dreamed of!
Laura

haven't posted in a while but I have been reading when Ican squeeze it in. Work has been HORRIBLE! I need a vacation!!

Someone just tell me where to be!! Never cruised so I am no help at all. I think msot of us are planning to be at the port early, so we will probably have an impromptu meet right there.

I did all this research for the perfect vacation, and now that I am at the end of the planning phase, I feel like I'm lost! And so behind. I have "little notes" everywhere! (how many notes do you have Peggy?) Do this, do that.

Started the Atkins diet Saturday, DH started Sunday so that ought to make it a little easier (he's the cook!!) Yes, I am going to fall off the diet on the cruise but I don't care!! I'll start back afterward!

Is there any cappucino on the ship? French vanilla coffee? Coke served for breakfast?

Tina

Coke for breakfast (I assume you mean Coca-Cola!) lol. You are as bad as my husband. He drinks Diet Pepsi for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I know that soda is included in meals, so I would expect you can get that. Don't know about the special coffees though.

I'm still not done planning. I'm always looking for a little better deal or more fun place to stay. We're coming in on Friday night and right now we're staying at the Radisson near DisneyWorld. Now if for those nights I could just get a better deal at the Animal Kindom Lodge ....

And Lulu201 - the tornados were bad enough - but those flying monkeys still scare the heck out of me.

We may want to meet somewhere other than the sail away party. It's VERY crowded and It'd be hard for everyone to get together there.

Maybe we could meet prior to that in a less crowded area and go over together.

It is Official!

Everyone who wants to meet other Dis'ers.

Here is the plan:
If you haven't gotten your lime green Mickey paint chip from Home Depot, get them. If you plan on wearing a lanyard put the Mickey on it. Put your Dis'ers user name on it. This way when another Dis'ers see you they will feel welcomed to speak.

You could also put lime green ribbon on your lanyard. For anyone who does not know what lanyard is... it is a necklace like item you wear around your neck that has a pouch on it that you can place a credit card size card in. Your Key tothe World will fit in it. It is a great way to carry your card around. I picked my up at WalMart in the Jewlery Dept. with the billfolds.

By the way when we went on our first DCL in Dec. I put my 3 yrs old card in with mine and both cards messed up. I was told later not to every let to cards touch due to it will cause them not to work any longer.

If you don't have a lanyard and don't plan on getting a lanyard. Just put that Lime Green Mickey somewhere that the rest of us can see.

Don't be shy to say Hi.

If anyone is concerned about someone always wanting to hang with you if they meet. I don't believe this is what anyone has in mind. I think we all just think it would be nice to put a face with a name and to see a face around the ship you know.

So be on the look out at Port before boarding and at Parrot Cay. You just might be standing beside or eating with a Dis'er.

Have you every thought of this...
Some of us could be scheduled to share a table at Dinner.

We have Main Seating. I am hoping for PTA rotation.

The sailaway party can be very crowded. If you have your lime green on then the other Dis'ers can see you. So everyon could be on the look out for Dis'ers at the port, at ParrotCay and at the sailaway party. This way we all have 3 chances to meet.
I recall on our last cruise my DH, DS and DD kept on until they ended up in front of the ship you would have thought they was on the Titanic. They loved the feel of the air blowing in thier hair. LOL!

I think it would be really hard to set aside 30 minutes to join up to meet on the first day.

12pm Board the ship and straight to Lunch.
12:45 Kids Club Reg.
1:30 Spa booking and Palo Ressies.
4:00 Boat Drill
4:30- 5:15 Sailaway party
6:00 Main Seating
6:00 first seating show
8:30 Late seating
8:30 second seating for show
Plus and all that good stuff.
Don't be shy to say HI!

watshakinranch, I have several List I am trying to get it into one list.

We are going to Cades Cove (Smokey Mountains, TN) this weekend to do some tent camping. So I have a ton of list for that too. I plan on taking my list for the cruise to work on them. If I could get a signal in those Mountains I would be online too. Oh well. LOL!

I hope this plan will work for everyone.

I don't know if they have speciality coffees. It would be nice if they did. Do you think that would be a Special Dietary Requirement and they could have that for us. I know they will get Soy milk and that type of stuff if you are lactose intolerant. So maybe we could get Speciality Coffees if we are Reg. Coffee Intolerant. I really do need my French Vanilla. Okay I guess I can deal with it since I am on the Mickey Boat.

You can get Coke for Breakfast if you go to a table service resturant ( Trinton's and Parrot Cay). I don't believe you can get it at Topsider. I don't remember seeing it at all there.

I guess it's about time to pull out the suitcases.

I have been trying to keep the laundry clean but that is hard with 6 people living in the house. DS13 is the worst.
I am about ready to pack his clothes then I want have to worry with washing as much. He want have as much to wear. LOL

whatshakinranch, I think we are in the same "boat". Of course work picks up to an unreal pace - projects due just before we sail. I am trying to stay focused.

Thanks to Tonya for sending me the Guest Medical Info form. PDW has a sonogram on Monday and will get it signed! I booked the trip before we new about the bundle of joy and never mentioned it to our travel agent - I would have hated to try and board without it. Thanks again!

PDW just informed me that she and my DD have claimed all of the suitcases. Well, its off to Target and Home Depot to purchase some luggage and plastic drain pipes (to direct the 2 to 4 inches of rain we are expecting away from my basement!). I will ask the HD guys about the paint chips.

How crowded is the ship when we are docked in Freeport? Thought we might take a brief look around and then head back to the pool. See you all in a few weeks.:bounce:

P.S. - PMelhorn - are you watching the big game this weekend? I can only guess who you are pulling for! Good Luck!

Had a nightmare last night that I forgot to pack our WDW tickets. Argh!

We have no Home Depot. I'll be the one w/a faux lime green Mickey Head made out of scrapbooking paper.

How early is everyone getting to the port? What time do they let people board?

No problem Gatormice!! We booked this cruise in place of another vacation later in the year because I am pregnant, plus, I have a friend that works for the cruise line, so I'm fully prepared. I really hope I get to meet you and your DW during the cruise, so that we can compare notes!!

I think we're leaving our house between 10-11 to get to the ship around 12. It'll take us about an hour to get to port, just not sure how long it will take to get parked.

I know you'll find my DH in ESPN for Buc's Monday Night Football. Anyone else?

In addition to the Green Mickey's, is anyone going all out to decorate their door? I read about this on another board. I know the doors are magnetic, does anyone know if this a problem getting things to stick (via tape)? I'm not sure about the lanyard, but I'll be sure to pin a mickey to my hat or something!

Can't wait to see you all!
Tonya

Peggy: I like your way of thinking for the special coffee...it's a requirement. I will be bringing the French Vanilla Coffeemate powder with me to add to my coffee.

Partridge: My nightmare was that I had left the my garment bag with all the "dining clothes". After reading the heated debates on the boards, I was going to have to eat in my room! I will try to remember to bring some extra mickeys for you. My boys took LOTS of them.

I guess I will see everyone at all three stops of the "Meet". I will be one of the first in line (trying to beat Traci and Peggy there!!), then I will be at Parrot's Cay for the shrimp, and not sure where I will be standing for the Sailaway Party.

We have late seating. Stateroom 7024, right beside the midship elevators and I don't mind any one stopping by for the verandah view!

Tina :crazy:
(this smiley looks remarkably like me!)

Gatormice,
We will be missing the game on TV this weekend. Camping in the Mountains in a tent. Ijust hope I don't wake up with a bear in the tent. My DH has a little heldheld TV I am sure it will be in his hand and the radio on in the SUV. Yes I will be yelling GO VOLS! I guess you will be yelling for the other team. LOL! Good Luck! the ceiling
:bounce: :Pinkbounc

watshakinranch,
I will be hitting Sam's for some of the liquid kind and I just may stop by for the verandah view. We have 2 cat 9's (Lg portholes).

HunnyBunny,
My DH said he would be visiting ESPN more this trip. Which is fine. He loves on football. Gatormice He really don't hate any team. He just loves football.

On our first cruise all I could dream was that the ship turn over and over and over. I was standing on ceiling on the floor on the walls. But it never sunk.

This time I have great dreams. But I do wish the next 2 weeks would hurry up.
I had a great suprise today. I thought T was the only one here that was so excited that she could not stop thinking about it. But I am not. My husband came home from work today and My DD meet him at the basketball goal telling him how may days we had left until we leave for the cruise. YES!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter