• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Who is giving best deal on dollars / exchange rate ?

Here's the ad with TTT Moneycorp's info....

Special Offers
Our retail selling note rates against
payment in Sterling.
1st August 2002
US Dollars 1.56 to £1 Sterling
Euros 1.57 to £1 Sterling

Available over the counter at all our London branches.
Subject to availability and a handling charge of 1.75%
(minimum £3.00). Please quote web site offer.

Call us now 24 hours a day for further details.
Telephone +44 (0)20 7823 7077
Freephone (UK only) 0800 39 39 67

Lisa

Thanks Lisa I'll give them a ring to find out about delivery etc.

I've just read on another site that Thomas cook has a promotion on this weekend. What it is I don't know,but a couple of weeks ago they had quite a good one on where they were giving away free dollars. It might be worth phoning them aswell.

:jester: 119 to go :jester:

:D Ordered my T.Cs :D
I've just phoned TTT and put my order in. Todays rate is 1.56, so after the 1.75 handling charge, I'm getting 1.5327. Not bad is it.

The bloke said they're not changing their rate until Monday.
They will deliver !
As soon as my cheque clears, the dollars will be sent recorded delivery, and he will hold todays rate for me :p

:jester: 119 to go :jester:

PS : Thanks for the tip Lisa :p :p :p

Hi all ;)

we got a great deal from Marks & Spencer. Got them delivered free of charge next day, but best of all they were charged to our storecard and didn't have to pay for it till we came back from WDW.:cool: :bounce: :bounce:

Luv Audrey xxxxxxxx

Audrey,

What rate did you get from M&S???

I haven't actually sorted mine out yet but I'll have to get onto them over the weekend.

BTW - Must say thanks to whoever it was who actually brought TTT Moneycorp to my attention as I'd never heard of them before. Cheers!! ;)

Lisa

Just back from Lakeside and i checked the rate at the AMEX shop and Thomas cook.

AMEX have a board outside with the rate clearly showing as 1.5097
Thomas cook have no board and you have to ask the rate which is a terrible 1.47.

Here is a good link to see the interbank rate for the pound against the $. http://www.forexdirectory.net/gbp.html

Lisa,

You're welcome on the TTT Monetcorp tip, I try to pass on what others pass to me.

:cool:

Greg

Hi Lisa

We went in easter when rate was lower, but at the time it was 1 of the best rates(better than the Post office rates). Just give them a phone and they tell you the rate that day.

There are no commission charges and you get them delivered free for amounts over £500.

Hope this helps Audrey xxxxxxxxx
:bounce: :bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter